Night Vision Camera! Watch the kiddies in the Dark!

• Thread starter Pandaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pandaman

Thinking of getting one of those Nanny Cams that work in the dark. Just connect it to another input on your TV and take a look.

What do you guys think?

Peace

S

Siksol

That would be a good idea however dont see alot of point in getting a live feed look at the girls when in their dark cycle. Now if you hooked it up to a DVR and recorded all the time then you could run a Time lapse which would be awesome watching your plants grow in quick time.

T

trichburner

I can see using one for extra security (can't have enough) especially if growing in high crime areas . Plus if it picks up sound , you can check if the fans/pumps are working . Do some checking to make sure the IR illuminator won't disturb their sleep .

K

kushpheen

I think you might actually catch some pot fairy's sprinkling magic fairy dust.....

W

waverunner_21

it wouldnt work unless you had an ir light in your grow room. the dark cycle in a grow room is completely dark and all night vision needs a very small amount of light to work. night vision relies on having a very small amount of light projected at a green phosphorus sceen, thus amplifying this small amount of light into an image. you could stick an ir light in there but it might funk shit up with the plants, im not sure. plus youd want to hard wire it else images of your grow might pop up on some ones mini tv thingy.

P

Pandaman

Sorry. I forgot to subscribe to this post and I forgot about it, lol.

The Night Vision cam comes with 6 infrared leds built into it. I have no idea what infrared light would do to sleeping plants and I don't want to take the risk... Now that I think about it.

Maybe I'll just use it as a day cam and assign it an ip address, and have it come on only when the lights are on. That way I can watch the kids anywhere I have internet :).

Peace

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
They had a special on TV where those nanny cams can be spied on from vehicles outside with the right equipment. They were worried about baby snatchers and perverts but you would have another different worry like thieves or cops. Bad idea for little to be gained from using it.

S

ShorelineTex

I think you might actually catch some pot fairy's sprinkling magic fairy dust.....

I thought I had these, but they were just fungus gnats and the fairy dust was just gnat crap.

If you really want to see a pot fairy, you should meet my cousin Antoine...he deals shit at the gay bar. :damnhippie:

P

Pandaman

<Sigh...>

Ok. I'm convinced. I'll just use it to spy on my roommate then.

Thanks!

Top Bottom