Nighttime Humidity Problem

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Night Time Humidity no longer a problem

The nighttime humidity runs 20% higher (60%)than the daytime. I got a dehumidifier but with the air exchange blowers running every few minutes impossible to get it down. I've been told its the bounce that activates a pm bloom (a problem). Whats the minimum air exchange I can use at night to allow the dehumidifier to work? Daytime temp is 78 +/- nighttime with a heater low 70s.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

What exactly are your night time temp and RH values? Maybe your daytime is low? In my room, I run a humidifier during lights on to get into the 60-70% range at close to 80. My night is about 72f at 60-70 with 2 dehueys on later in flower.

-TF

G

GreenIce

Dont know what your setup is but I would suggest running your lights at night and have your 12 hours of darkness in daytime. The lights should kick on the A/C at night which will help with your humidity problem as the A/C will condense water from the air. During daytime hours hopefully the daytime heat will also kick on the A/C periodically and I would leave the dehumidifier on 24/7

L

LUDACRIS.

Edited due to bad link.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Greenice, no ac. And yes daytime during the night would be ideal. Didn't think I could handle all the adjustments in a new room at night. Next time though. On the coast its real cool almost cold these days not a lot of difference between day and night temps maybe less that 10 degrees. I did add another fan at the far end of the room blowing lengthwise ballanced out the temps and humidity to 50% during daytime.

B

Badmf

You can limit the source of humidity. Cover rez, cover net cups, cover pots with Saran wrap, don't foliarspray except "before" lights on. This limits the availible humidity from uncontrolled sources. Damp-Rid is also a product used to help basements and may aid your situation too, good luck!

M

MIway

Think you were already on track... add another electric heater to run with the existing one & deuy. Raise the temps to lower 80's vs 70's... it'l make a pretty big difference... and would like to suggest cranking em about 15minutes before the lights go out so they are at full heat by the time that does.

Bad... just to note, those things don't work... would need to rbuy em by the pallet to notice much... in a fully transpiring room.

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

The nighttime humidity runs 20% higher (60%)than the daytime. I got a dehumidifier but with the air exchange blowers running every few minutes impossible to get it down. I've been told its the bounce that activates a pm bloom (a problem). Whats the minimum air exchange I can use at night to allow the dehumidifier to work? Daytime temp is 78 +/- nighttime with a heater low 70s.

Exchanging the air is counter productive. You're essentially sucking out the already dehumidified.
Unfortunately, the only way to precisely control air temps and humidity is to seal the room and use a dehumidifier in conjunction with an AC.
An AC alone will only do so much to control humidity. Once set temp is reach and the compressor shuts off your humidity WILL spike.
If you're stuck with only being able to exchange the air then your best bet is to do a continuous exchange and hope that the air being drawn in is less humid than the air being drawn out. On days when it's raining outside the incoming air will be hella humid.
Also, a dehumidifier puts out heat. By using it in conjunction with an AC you will be able to effectively make two diff systems work as one; The dehuey's heat signal causes the AC to come on, which helps lower the humidity, which makes the dehuey work less, etc etc.
An AC alone will only do but so much to control humidity, you really do need both a dehuey and an AC, running in tandem.
Trust me, I live in the hottest most humid part of the U.S. And there is only two ways around your problem; get big (sized for your sq. footage and desired air exchange rate) "Can" type of fan (Vortex, etc) and constantly suck the air out of your room and pray the incoming air has less moisture, OR seal it and run a dehuey and AC in tandem.

true grit

true grit

Or if air coming in at night is adding humidity-( if dehumidy is strong enough) just cut your intake air with lights off, just let it dehumidify while lights off. Lights come on, start reintroducing fresh air.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Thanks all. My filter was clogged restricting airflow. I think it got wet in this rain over the last month and mold started to grow and clog the pores. Suddenly reach a critical point with the warmer dryer weather. Back on track with 50% humidity and 78+/- temps. Returning the dehumidifier to HD for a much needed credit of $200.

Top Bottom