Nighttime Temps

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

My dehumidifier keeps the nighttime temps about the same as the daytime; 75+/-; rh 45. I understand from searching, keeping the day and night temps about the same helps control stretch; but the general recommendation is a 10 degree difference. I'm trying to keep moist air from the room so my nighttime exhaust control is set at 75. I could try maybe 70. Pm is a was a major problem last grow so I'm really trying to keep the rh around 45. Am I creating a problem with these higher than recommended temps?

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Sounds like my temps and humidity, usually 75 day, 70 night due to ac. 75 degrees holds more water at 45% than 70 degrees, but I don't see a problem, unless you are heating up the water in the reservoirs if you run hydro, pathogen issues occur then.

true grit

true grit

I would not think so. My goal is to have a temp drop of no more than 7-10 degrees of my daytime temp. The biggest thing to prevent PM will be consistent RH control. The big swings in rh from night/day is what leads to the pm. not necessarily a too high RH. For example mine stays between 50-60% the whole cycle and temps usually go from 75-8 degrees night/day.

Top Bottom