Nirvana Bubblicious Autoflower

• Thread starter Tyson79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I plan on LST for the two seedlings. I've read that topping an auto isn't good. What is "fim"?

I've started opening the canopies with fishing line and Christmas ornament hooks.
Pipe cleaners are more gentle to attach to the plant but those will work fine. And fim is just trimming the top instead of removing it I'll find a picture. And depending on the strain, topping an auto is fine. I don't recommend on one that is a super quick auto. Like ones cruised with low rider or anything that's really shorter than like 60 days. I top almost all my autos.

Tyson79

Tyson79

I think I'll experiment with LST the next grow. Third grow I'll attempt topping and see what happens.

Tyson79

Tyson79

Today the sisters looked better than they have since week 3. Leaves looked picture perfect until around 10pm when they wilted. Lights out at 11:30, so that's been the norm since flowering began. One plant is pulling ahead in size, but growth has been pretty steady for both.

Next watering should be 3/3, but we'll see how the pots feel then.

Tyson79

Tyson79

03/03/16

Came home from work to find the bigger of the two plants beginning to droop. The soil was very dry. The other plant looked good and had maybe 25% moisture in the soil. Watered both with 1.5 gallons each 3.5 ml bloom and 1.5 ml veg dyna-gro.
The plants are drinking water very fast at this stage. There are tons of flowers, but the flowers aren’t big yet. They are growing steadily each day though.

Tyson79

Tyson79

This morning both plants were about 90% dry with no wilting yet, so I watered and fed them. I switched over to all bloom feed today.

1.5 gallons water each, ph 6.50, 5 ml dyna-gro bloom (3-12-6) added to each gallon.

Both plants are a nice forest green, with the exception of the yellowed fan leaves at the bottom of the smaller plant. I don't think those leaves are going to recover as they are beginning to get frail and have some slight browning as well. All the new growth is great.

The pic is of the smaller plant. The bigger one looks perfect.

IMG 20160306 110311119
Tyson79

Tyson79

Today was watering and feeding day. I stuck with the same basic routine. 1.5 gallons water each, 6.40 ph, 5 ml dyna-gro bloom.

I had to remove the tent from my closet due to the lack of space between the plants and the light. I noticed the serated edges of the top leaves were beginning to point upward. Did some research and saw that it is most likely heat stress. So now the light is a little higher.

So far things look great. There are tons of flowers on both plants. The flowers seem to be developing slowly, but that could just be atributed to impatience. I've read that flower growth really speeds up during the last 2-3 weeks. Time will tell.

Tyson79

Tyson79

I noticed the first obvious signs of trichome production tonight, but only on the smaller of the two plants.

IMG 20160309 204500
Tyson79

Tyson79

The buds on the smaller plant are quickly becoming larger than the buds on the larger plant. Interesting that the quicker of the two plants is the smaller one that showed a lack of nitrogen first. Looks like I'll eventually be having a staggered harvest.

Tyson79

Tyson79

Still following the same routine. Water and feed every third day. The smaller plant is still packing on bud size and trichomes quickly. The larger plant is still developing, but much slower. It is just starting to show trichomes that are obvious and bud size is slow to grow. Vertical growth appears to have stopped about a week ago with both plants.

Tyson79

Tyson79

Alright, feeding/watering day again. Following the same procedure listed a few posts ago.

The buds seem to be slowly fattening up. Definately seeing more trichomes on both plants. Some of the lower fan leaves are beginning to yellow and get brown spots. They are easily plucked off. Some of the pistils are beginning to turn light brown at the tips. I'm including some pics from today.

Can anybody with experience give me a little feedback so far? Do the buds wait until the last minute to fill in and stop looking like just ball of pistils?

IMG 20160315 104910818
IMG 20160315 104810978
IMG 20160315 104637134
IMG 20160315 104713334
IMG 20160315 104825072
THCdurk

THCdurk

Some big bitches man. You should Def spread out those lowers for more light
So you don't get stuck wit lard. Just my opinion brother

Tyson79

Tyson79

Some big bitches man. You should Def spread out those lowers for more light
So you don't get stuck wit lard. Just my opinion brother

Thanks. First grow, so I'm still learning the ropes. I'm not sure why one plant is so much bigger than the other. The only difference is more prelite and vermiculite mixed into the soil on the bigger one.

THCdurk

THCdurk

They're the same strain so it's just different phenotypes I believe just got different traits may have different smells between the two as well

Tyson79

Tyson79

Feeding day again. Sticking with the 5 ml Dyna-gro bloom.

Some of the white hairs are beginning to turn an orangish-brown color. Trichomes still look mostly clear to me. Definitely no amber. Removed the yellow leaves that came off easily. The smell is the most notable change. It's hard to describe, but it reminds me of a sweet piney varnish scent. That's probably a poor comparison, but I can't think of anything else. Doesn't really smell like bubble gum, but doesn't smell like the cannabis I remember from my teenage years either.

IMG 20160321 095117711
Tyson79

Tyson79

Update:

Last night i saw the first amber trichome. The ovewhelming majority are cloudy. There are a handful of clears. So I've flushed both plants with distilled water. I plan on keeping them watered with no nutrients and watching the trichomes for more amber. So I anticipate the harvest happening within the next couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom