Nirvana GDP - First time RDWC

• Thread starter BigBabu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I don't have a top-off res. I'm open to it in the future but the setup is currently taking up a lot of my basement.
Fair enough, you can always run an external tank if it's too tight in the tent, but try squeeze one in if you can.

B

BigBabu

Fair enough, you can always run an external tank if it's too tight in the tent, but try squeeze one in if you can.
Yeah the brain bucket is outside the tent how it was designed and there's not much space left inside. If I put one together, it'll have to be external.

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

You may want to keep buckets off the floor. I added a drain and elevated the buckets which does help keep temps in check.

C97FF514 E048 466F 9A86 C107755F2D46
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

That's cool - so water constantly drains out? How does that work with it recirculating and not flooding your tent?
Ha ha he means buckets simply being raised off the floor, it's something i actually forgot to do when i recently built and set up my own ucrdwc system.

Good to have a little airflow underneath the buckets .😉

B

BigBabu

So unfortunately I have some bad news. My living situation is going to change in the coming few months so I'm opting to do this grow in dirt rather than go into the hydro system--I'm very bummed but it is what it is. This is pretty much the only way I can see trying to finish this run out without having to stop it.

I'm going to transplant the cubes into 1 gallon fabric puts and run FFOF soil. All but 3 of these look to have at least 3 sets of true leaves and some visible roots so I'm hoping it won't be too hot at this point from a nutrient perspective. I guess if the mods need to migrate this thread or rename it then go for it.

B

BigBabu

This is how everything looks today. The late bloomers got a bit burnt/dried up but I needed to dial everything in for the majority that was thriving in comparison.

EF IMG 5891
EF IMG 5892
EF IMG 5893
VAHydro

VAHydro

Hey I have the pa hydro setup also I have the 13 gallon in a 5x5 and in a basement also I had the same issues but once you lower the light my water is getting too warm almost up to 73 at one point

B

BigBabu

Hey I have the pa hydro setup also I have the 13 gallon in a 5x5 and in a basement also I had the same issues but once you lower the light my water is getting too warm almost up to 73 at one point

Yeah I think the water chiller is gonna save my butt once I really get the system going. My 1 gallon fabric pots are being delivered today so need to transplant everything but also need to disassemble the system and pack it up to make room.

B

BigBabu

Apologies as it's been awhile since I posted an update.

I picked my best 4 and got them into 1 gallon fabric pots filled with FFOF. These pics are after about a week of being in soil--everything is really starting to take off! For now been sticking with the RO water with PowerSi and CALiMAGic pHed to around 6.5. Now that I've relocated, I won't have access to RO any longer - gonna use just plain tap water. It's between 160-190ppms (.500 scale) out the tap.

Noticed how easy it was to just bend the main stem over since I'm running the PowerSi. Got through three of them no problem... the fourth one I got overconfident and snapped the stem a bit. I'm hoping it'll heal up and won't cause me any issues. *crosses fingers*

I'll take my time next in the future!

EF IMG 5990
EF IMG 5991
EF IMG 5992
EF IMG 5993
Electrolights

Electrolights

If your still doing hydro cover those white pvc pipes up so light can’t get into the system, I use silica or potassium bicarbonate to control ph swings

Latest posts

Top Bottom