Nitrogen deficiency? Bottom half of plant went yellow and falling leaves

• Thread starter AZsunfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Outdoor auto growing outside in a fabric soil pot. It got really hot this week and I’ve been keeping my nutes low at about 1mL/L but I’m thinking I should up it to 2mL? It on 4th week of flowering. I’m a little worried that my buds are small as well. I broke my camera phone so pics suck.

Nitrogen deficiency bottom half of plant went yellow and falling leaves
Nitrogen deficiency bottom half of plant went yellow and falling leaves 2
Nitrogen deficiency bottom half of plant went yellow and falling leaves 3
mancorn

mancorn

Hard to tell from your photos, but if the wood chips are in your pots you should remove them as they will suck nitrogen out of the soil. (Try straw if you need to conserve moisture in the heat.)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How often do you water? It looks like heat stress on it.
Did the leaves turn yellow from the bottom up or the other way?

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

The top 2/3 of the plant are nice and green. It’s just the bottom 1/3. It started with one or two of the bottommost leaves the I was gone all weekend and when I came back it had moved up. The whole bottom looks bare now tho. I gave it a heavy water before I left and buried the fabric pot but the soil was very very dry when I got home and it was starting to wilt. I think I left it dry out too much and I think it needs a heavier feed. Now that I’m home I’m running under led’s at night. It’s perked up and looking good other than the creeping yellow leaves moving up the plant. I’ll continue to up the nutes little by little until I get it under control. This is my first real grow so I’m still unsure how to respond to deficiencies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom