Nitrogen deficiency from the start? Or just genetics?

• Thread starter Charlie1387
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Charlie1387

Charlie1387

I swear, Tiger bloom is like a Gangacide. Seen it try to kill more plants here than any other nute. I'd drop that like a hot potato and try something else. If you want organic based, botanicare pure blend pro is a good option, but there are many others.

Your soil also looks pretty stodgy and not very aerated as @PK1 said. Too much worm castings in an already nute rich soil, then tiger bloom on top of that.. they can't breath and are suffering from toxic nutrient levels.

It's a classic killing them with kindness scenario. A lot of people think organic is the best and most forgiving method because it's conducted with such good intentions, using only natural organic materials etc. But the truth is it's one of the easiest to fuck up and get a much worse product than you can grow in the most dead, sterile hydroponics. Tiger bloom has been correlated with literally hundreds of "help my plants are dying" threads here that I've seen.

I'd recommend using a surfactant next time you water, even a couple drops of unscented dish soap to try and reduce the water saturation in the media. And I'd give them nothing but water with maybe 250ppm of botanicare pure blend pro grow for the next few weeks. No need to supplement any more P at this point.
Hmm interesting. Good to know. I have a ton of research to do. I actually do have the brand that you’re talking about. And the crops that I used that on did very well. So there’s definitely something to it.

Charlie1387

Charlie1387

how much worm casting did you put on top of the soil?
Just a light layer maybe quarter of an inch on the top. It was recommended by my local grow shop owner. And he grows the most beautiful plants. So I took his advice. Maybe not the best?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When the entire plant is yellow, it's not from a lack of N. You would see darker leaves at the growing points when there is an N problem. The plant would draw N out of lower leaves for delivery to the growing points.

Sorry, can't help with whatever is the actual problem, but it seems like a lot of people are on it.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Just a light layer maybe quarter of an inch on the top. It was recommended by my local grow shop owner. And he grows the most beautiful plants. So I took his advice. Maybe not the best?
! tablespoon per gallon of soil is a good ratio. 5 gallon pots 1/4 to 1/3 cup

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Have you been feeding them? Autos are very fussy I have been growing them 10+ years it allmost looks like lockout, all I ever give my autos are 2 things, botanacare pro grow a very light food of fish mulch and nitro, 1ml per USgal then waterd down, for bloom Atami Bloombastic 1ml per USgal very very waterd down or you will fry them, putting plants in smart pots is not a good idea this time of year bc of low rh and sides of pots dry out quickly, nursery pots hold water much longer and sides don't dry out, when plants first started to yellow did it start at top then go down the plant? That's nitro deficiency, allso and this is just me but life is much easier if you only grow 1 strain at a time when dealing with autos, this is bc the tallest plants will force you to raise light and smaller strains will suffer, yes you can put stuff under them but is a pain but that is my personal opinion, the botanacare pro grow is great for autos never burned one, if using a different food what might be good for 1 strain will fry another as some autos are much more fussy then others, use a good mix like fox farm ocean forest you add perlite about 20 to 25% per volume, use chunk perlite not miracle grow perlite bc it contains food so everytime you water you are feeding this can overwhelm your auto, now to your problem I would bet your pH is off, a battery powered pH meter makes life easier and are not expensive, give a light flush and check your pH, if it is high fill a 16oz cup of water and add a small splash of white vinegar go slowly bc you can allways repeat, if your pH is low fill a 16oz cup with water add a bit of baking soda stir and give plant go slowly same drill you can allways repeat, or you can buy pH up/down once your pH is straight let ur plants recover, it is very dry this time of year and I have electric heat I can't control, so I throw heavy blankets over radiators, bc it is so dry all you want to do is keep plants healthy and wet, I just chopped a strawberry mango crumble, have 2 plants running dark devel Pic 1 & 2 in med heavy pre flower, plant already did her stretch so lowerd light, plant is still growing but down to 3 node leaves so it will top off soon but will leave under veg light till I see trichome then I remove from tent give a light flush check pH put in flower closet under cob bloom booster, mine is by California light works they no longer sell my model but do have a florescent bloom light that comes with bulb and should bloom your plants nicely, I have a 2 cycle light and autos do better under blue light, this is bc full spec has red and ir in it like the sun this can cause your autos to flower prematurely and affect yield that is why yield is allways less outdoors, oh yea the CLW florescent bloom light is under a $125 dollars when my booster dies eventually will buy one of those that make a huge difference, Pic 1& 2, is dark devel allmost topped off in med heavy pre flower but will leave till plant starts to show trichome Pic 3 is a free seed called big devel it is not big and had to put on top of another pot to keep up with light a pain, this time of year bc of dryness plants grow slower but you basically just want to keep them in good health and let them do there thing.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
when plants first started to yellow did it start at top then go down the plant? That's nitro deficiency,
Leaves yellowing from the top down is actually an immobile deficiency like calcium or iron not N. Nitrogen def starts at the bottom and works it's way up.

Charlie1387

Charlie1387

One other thing, just saw your thermometer reads 51%humid at 68F. Thats not best for vegging plants should be more like 70%humid and 80F. They got cold feet for sure and in general the temp is holding the plants back blocking nutrient uptake. @PK1 is spot on.
So it’s been a few days, and I just wanted to come back and thank you because you were right! Once I got my temp and humidity up and got them off the floor they started greening up almost right away. Thanks again for the advice!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Dark devel has now stopped growing vertical and is just showing a bit of trichome so today flushed out plant checked pH at 6.3 added a bit of Atami Bloombastic and put under booster for rest of grow, big devel is not yet ready but put light to full spec to help her flower, bought dark devel seeds in early 2017 bought 3 got 4, the first one had the black leaves and black flower with red pistils this one does not a different pheno, but all plants have a weird chemical smell I can't describe, last 2 plants were larger and was forced to top them bc they were going to outgrow my light but this time of year plants grow slower bc it is dry with low rh but still is good size. As plant continues to flower I sometimes slowly de foliate depends can't remember how fussy they are.

20220114 093727
20180926 083000
Charlie1387

Charlie1387

So I know the test is hard to tell because i couldn’t drain the soil out well. But that color looks like a 6.5 to me. And run off was still 6.5. Although the problem was the temp and humidity, it’s always good to check soil and run off PH and PPM.

CC999D0D E618 44B2 A30D C91A805ED0AC
Top Bottom