Nitrogen deficiency - how much Nitrogen do I have to add?

• Thread starter HaHend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HaHend

Hi,

my plants have some Nitrogen deficiencies and I bought a bottle of Canna Mono Nitrogen.

The bottle states: Contains 27% N. (Contains: ammonium 6%, amid nitrogen 11% and nitrate 10%). Use 1-2ml/l.

I used 0.5ml/l and my EC rose from 1.2 to 1.6. As it was a bit high for my taste I diluted the solution immediately with fresh RO water to EC 1.3.

How much Nitrogen are you using if you experience Nitrogen deficiencies? I can also work with EC values if you can state any.

I hope you can help me out.

Tnelz

Tnelz

My thinking is always a little at a time. She will tell u when she's happy! Good luck.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Even when I 'know' its a deficiency, I never up the nutes 1st.....depending on severity, I use 50-75% with pH in check, if it worsens then I'll up. Not saying you made a mistake, but if it dont get better with the extra N, I would drop the EC.

oh yeah, what NPK Ca Mg ratio you using?? and what pH??

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

maybe the question you should ask is "why do i have a nitrogen deficiency?"

the reason i say this is because if your using a proper base nutrient. everything should be properly covered. I see too commonly an individual diagnose their plant as nitro deficient, which in some cases they are correct. but the common mistake they make is trying to supplement their plant with extra nitro, trying to correct the deficiency. what they dont realize is that they do have enough nitrogen and its locked out due to other reasons. The problem with this case usually lies within the medium. could be anything such as over water, ph balances, root issues, salt build ups, etc...

so what im trying to say is, be cautious when applying ample amounts of any element. sometimes it worsens the original problem. I would do a slight flush with an enzyme and re-address some sort of biological stimulant. I already posted on someone elses thread today to use Sea Green, which I do suggest. i just dont want to sound to redundant today...:cigar: much luck with ur finds. keep us posted.Z

Top Bottom