Nitrogen Deficiency In Early Flower?

• Thread starter Dabaday
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dabaday

Hello all, I am thinking I have a nitrogen deficiency and am 2 weeks into flower. I use fox farms line and schedule growing in 7 gal with soil. Ph all water and feeds to 6.4. Temps and humidity are well controlled. So now that we got some dirt out the way. Do I need to give a slight bit more notes with nitrogen? Or will it not matter as much now that it's been flowering. I was thinking of just bumping up a little nitrogen but I dont want to be wrong thanks. I have attached a picture of a leaf. Clawing and yellowing.

Nitrogen deficiency in early flower
Nitrogen deficiency in early flower 2
schwab0619

schwab0619

Hello all, I am thinking I have a nitrogen deficiency and am 2 weeks into flower. I use fox farms line and schedule growing in 7 gal with soil. Ph all water and feeds to 6.4. Temps and humidity are well controlled. So now that we got some dirt out the way. Do I need to give a slight bit more notes with nitrogen? Or will it not matter as much now that it's been flowering. I was thinking of just bumping up a little nitrogen but I dont want to be wrong thanks. I have attached a picture of a leaf. Clawing and yellowing.
Havent had this issue.. Wish I could help, but someone will jump in with some experience with this problem. Good luck.

The new growth looks better, so thats a good thing.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Not nitrogen. It looks like magnesium deficiency.

If anything, it looks like too much nitrogen and not enough magnesium.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Drop your ph a bit to 6.0. Are you ph ing your nutes after mixing? What are you feeding and what is your feeding schedule?

D

Dabaday

Drop your ph a bit to 6.0. Are you ph ing your nutes after mixing? What are you feeding and what is your feeding schedule?
I'm using the fox farm line with the recommended feeding. I feed and water once a week as it seems to be 3to 4 days till soil is dry.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Doesn't look like a Nitrogen deficiency to me and with commercial soil (Foxfarm), I would expect that the problem might be an overabundance of something, since they seem to be kinda hot for many growers. I personally would flush the bucket out a few times. When a plant gets affected like this and it is budding, it probably won't recover fully, but if the yellowing persists, you might want to try to take a few clones, or just stick a growing branch into new soil to see if the newer plants had the same problem. I don't use anything other than Promix with some composted manure, but the photos look like an issue I had once long ago, when I went kind of heavy with the nutes. A flush saved it but at about 80% of what it should have been. It was something particular about the strain too...some are just like that.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I just read your reply, and I think that you are getting too much nutes and salts in your plants. I use 6 gallon buckets and water about 1.5 gallons per day, per plant. If the soild runs dry, the salts concentrate and can cause burning. Do a search about Foxfire mediums...they seem to burn a lot of grows due to being too hot.

D

Dabaday

I attached a picture of the list of nutes I am using.
And yes I do ph after mixing nutes. And at every watering.

D

Dabaday

Doesn't look like a Nitrogen deficiency to me and with commercial soil (Foxfarm), I would expect that the problem might be an overabundance of something, since they seem to be kinda hot for many growers. I personally would flush the bucket out a few times. When a plant gets affected like this and it is budding, it probably won't recover fully, but if the yellowing persists, you might want to try to take a few clones, or just stick a growing branch into new soil to see if the newer plants had the same problem. I don't use anything other than Promix with some composted manure, but the photos look like an issue I had once long ago, when I went kind of heavy with the nutes. A flush saved it but at about 80% of what it should have been. It was something particular about the strain too...some are just like that.
Yeah I think this strain is picky. I will be watering tomorrow. So I'll have to decide to flush soon.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I'm using the fox farm line with the recommended feeding. I feed and water once a week as it seems to be 3to 4 days till soil is dry.
I have seen a lot of people, myself included, who go a whole grow never going more than half strength with the fox farm nutes. I think I may have bumped up to 3/4 strength nutes one week and got some burnt tips. Just some food for thought...

Top Bottom