Nitrogen Packing

• Thread starter 500lbs Guerilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Can anybody recommend a good nitrogen flushing sealer? I haven't been able to find anything specific through searches.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Plain water and TIME

Not for flushing nitrogen out of soil. A machine that flushes oxygen out of bags and replaces it with an inert gas like nitrogen so that your flowers stay preserved indefinitely and without crushing them like a vacuum sealer. Think potato chip bag for buds.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Im not saying what im doing is right but you really dont need any machine.Nitrogen is heavier than air so if you put your nugs in some kind of container,lets say a 5 gallon bucket w/turkeybag liner and then slowly bleed nitrogen in it will displace/force the air out and leave you with nitrogen,you can then seal it up.There are machines that cost ALOT that can do this process more automatically/perfectally but IMO its not worth it.I just recently opened a couple jars that were over 1 year old,1 with nitrogen and a boveda pack and one with no nitrogen,just air and a boveda pack and i could not tell the difference in looks,taste or high.I always have large nitrogen bottles around so have played with it alot but never really seen much practical difference in the end,i think storage in a cool dark place is much more important,it might make a difference in much longer term storage but who keeps weed for multiple years?

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

That's an interesting idea to bleed nitrogen into 5 gallon buckets. it doesn't need to be for multiple years. Just want to preserve what's left from the summer light deps until next summer when I can get more for them. I've definitely seen a difference in year old flowers stored in nitrogen from flowers stored in oxygen, mostly in color. I'm sure a large horizontal fridge or two would work as well, but if I start packing up everything from the full season too, I won't have a cool dark place to store it all, at least not once spring comes around (I live in a small cabin that gets really hot under the sun). Can't bury it in the ground here either without renting an excavator. Nitrogen flushing seemed the most practical. the price difference from October to June would cover the cost of the machine

Blaze

Blaze

So has anyone actually had extensive hands on experience with one of these things? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. Sounds good in theory but I am not sure how well they work in practice.

My one friend I know personally that got one was pretty disappointed in the results. He went back to just plain old normal vac sealers. The main complaint was although the buds would look and smell nice and fresh when the bags were first opened, within a day or two they would turn to crap after being exposed to oxygen again.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

check marijuana venture mag there is a extensive article on this topic with machine options . cheers

ncga

ncga

I also was ready to do the Nitrogen this year but got some feed back of a funky smell. So on a few I'm going to try 2,000 cc oxygen eater I just got today from Amazon combined with large clothing storage bag which you use a vacume to evacuate the air

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah I have used the one from italy before, they really kick ass. The color and smell stay very intact, but beware once you open it they seem to deteriorate rather fast. Nothing like proper nitro seal, you need those crazy expensive bags and that part sucks.

Capfan

Capfan

Amerivac.com i think, got the unit, injects and seals like a champ.

40BRIX

40BRIX

I know it's not the same, but I use ball jars and a pump-n-seal, easiest and fastest seal I've ever used. Always cool to open the jar and have that aroma come flying out!

Pump
Top Bottom