nitrogen toxicity

• Thread starter ozarkgrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
i'm four weeks into flower and wondering what is the chance of coming back from nitrogen toxicity if i caught early? i realize the affected leafs may never come back but should i allow them to remain on the plant or remove them? mainly i see the clawing on lower or new stuff. some rusting on some top leafs etc. plants have all been flushed with 6.5 water.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
well since they have been flushed i would wait 2-3 to see if there is any improvement or worsening. if you see improvement carry on with less of whatever caused the N spike. if it gets worse you could transplant them into fresh clean soil.
OG

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
did you just answer your own post?
yes sir. i was bored and searched it out did some thinking about how i got here and how i could fix it pretty quick which i might do on the youngest one here soon as i have good soil on hand and i run those HTG knock off air pots so i can unroll the pot instead of digging it out and risking damage to the root ball. if i avoid damage to that area i should have no issues . then i can upcycle ♻️ that old soil . what do u think?

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
@LittleDabbie i’ve been in the garden and dabbing all morning, my ears are hot ? i broke out the Dr. Dabber switch the other day as the Carta can’t handle the number of dabs i rip per session and no matter what i did it would always clog. my favorite rig is the rio but it’s gas powered and some days i get so high i don’t trust myself with fire

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
My man answered his own question, LMAO. I had some N toxicity too. I think from a salt buildup. She looks yummy!

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Asked and self answered. Lol. Plant looks good!
after posting the question i realized i kind of had a idea on how to correct it from lurking around here. then that light thread was getting too much traction so i came back to see if anyone offered any suggestions. so i wrote my own. looking back, it does seem queer as fuck. later ya guys and thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

after posting the question i realized i kind of had a idea on how to correct it from lurking around here. then that light thread was getting too much traction so i came back to see if anyone offered any suggestions. so i wrote my own. looking back, it does seem queer as fuck. later ya guys and thanks

I liked it. You wanted others opinions but still continued your own research and found out what to do.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
so is there other ways to lower N toxicity without flushing? for example would sugars helped dissolve the N salts? other options? the real i ask is N toxicity looks so much over watering that i fear some or me may even do more harm durning a flush if by chance we diagnosed the problem incorrectly. in my case it was easy. i made yet another stoner newbie mistake and added some flowering nutes to a pot or 28 that were in living soil. and i seem to have corrected it but in case and for further discussion shoot those pro tips

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so is there other ways to lower N toxicity without flushing? for example would sugars helped dissolve the N salts? other options? the real i ask is N toxicity looks so much over watering that i fear some or me may even do more harm durning a flush if by chance we diagnosed the problem incorrectly. in my case it was easy. i made yet another stoner newbie mistake and added some flowering nutes to a pot or 28 that were in living soil. and i seem to have corrected it but in case and for further discussion shoot those pro tips

No. Thats why it is so important not to over fertilize.

Top Bottom