NL #5...where did it go?

• Thread starter DeJaVu Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

Original Skunk 1 IS Available from Todd McCormick

The genetics are straight from Mel Frank, and was also Grown by Mel Frank. Mel Frank has had thse since at least 1988, with 000 crosses. Also Sk1 was NEVER RKS, and is mostly Floral.

This IS THE REAL DEAL SKUNK NUMBER ONE.

Seeds are $20 each, and $25 shipping.
I also bought 50 of these, but haven't grown them out yet.

What is your opinion of the Skunk #1 seeds that are being sold by Seedsman.com? They sell packs of 100 regular seeds for about $100

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

What i dont get is the dutch take credit for breeding it in 1988 but the mob in jersey had fields of it growing in 1983.

The Dutch take credit for a lot of strains that they didn't develop. We developed "The Hog" right here in Appalachia back in the 80s and early 90s. They like to take credit for that one too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What is your opinion of the Skunk #1 seeds that are being sold by Seedsman.com? They sell packs of 100 regular seeds for about $100

Says here it was bred by Sacred Seeds in the late 60’s early 70’s

Says here they did it it in the second half of the 70’s

I am assuming these are bulk euro seeds from the big mills. And i realize I am assuming but they are likely the later genetics worked for sweetness amd less odor.

Cause if they grew out the skunk they wouldn't be so cheap or in bulk I think.

These i may be more interested in.

And the sold out Durban. I never grew durban poison yet.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

These i may be more interested in.

And the sold out Durban. I never grew durban poison yet.

Durban Poison is one of my all time favorites. It rivals Cinderella 99 and Durban is more pure breeding and stable.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

JUNK!!!!!

I have bulk white widow and critical mass that grow nice little uniform plants that well, remind you of the originals.

Guess the seedsman skunk is like that.

I am going to contact AG though.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

WW I grew from SM was ZERO like the original I had in the 90s, and early 2000s. Nothing like it.

If I was to grow CM, I would get it from Mr Nice, but many of their genetics are not what they used to be either.
CM we grew would do a pound a light easy from 1 plant in a 20 gallon container, and 1000w Hortilux HPS

Sensi Seeds also lost a lot of their genetic in the late 90s, and early-Mid 2000s.

They lost that I know of.

NL5
Hashplant
Mr Nice
Sk1
Super Skunk
White Widow…
And others.

Serious Seeds lost the genes for
AK47 in the 90s 1st time around, and then lost the next round of genes in 2007..
White Russian
Kali Mist

Last edited:
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

The Durban they sell now is not pure.

Mel Frank was the one that had the ORIGINAL DURBAN starting in the late 70s, and got it from Ed Rosenthal.

Mel altered the genes.

Original Durban takes from 75-100+ Days to flower, and the plants will get 12-15 feet tall, and are 1000% SATIVA. Huge fucking plants. I also have Mels Original Durban from the Early 80s. 1982.

Todd McCormick has S1s of it, but is also crossed, and only takes 60-70 days to flower, but its crossed vs Original. Even though its not stated. Most of it was crossed long ago with Sk1.

Last edited:
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Description
Durban Poison has deep roots in the Sativa landrace gene pool. The strain’s historic phenotypes were first noticed in the late 1970s by one of America’s first International strain hunters, Ed Rosenthal. According to cultivation legend, Rosenthal was in South Africa in search of new genetics and ran across a fast flowering strain in the port city of Durban. After arriving home in the U.S., Rosenthal conducted his own selective breeding process on his recently imported seeds, then begin sharing. Rosenthal gave Mel Frank some of his new South African seeds, and the rest was cannabis history. Frank, who wrote the “Marijuana Grower’s Guide Deluxe “in 1978, modified the gene pool to increase resin content and decrease the flowering time. In search of a short-season varietal that could hit full maturation on the U.S. East Coast, Frank’s crossbreeding efforts resulted in two distinct phenotypes, the “A” line and “B” line. The plant from Frank’s “A” line became today’s Durban Poison, while the “B” line was handed off to Amsterdam breeder David Watson, also known as “Sam the Skunkman.” Durban Poison has a dense, compact bud structure that’s typical of landrace Indica varieties, but the flowers’ elongated and conical shape is more characteristic of a Sativa. When cultivated indoors or in a greenhouse, make sure to provide ample room for the production of side branches. Cultivating Durban Poison outside provides an opportunity for this plant to reach its greatest potential. Regardless of whether you cultivate this plant indoors or outdoors, Durban Poison requires thorough trellising to support its ample flower production.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The Durban they sell now is not pure.

Mel Frank was the one that had the ORIGINAL DURBAN starting in the late 70s.

Original Durban takes from 75-100+ Days to flower, and the plants will get 12-15 feet tall, and are 1000% SATIVA. Huge fucking plants. I also have Mels Original Durban from the Early 80s. 1982.

Todd McCormick has S1s of it, but is also crossed, and only takes 60-70 days to flower, but its crossed vs Original. Even though its not stated. Most of it was crossed long ago with Sk1.

The bulk seeds i have are not from seedsman. Got them from another one of the older breeders to compare with his and shanti cm. (I got some shanti cm he femmed for the breeder i knew). Those seeds while not uniform or stable grow some serious plants.

And the durban is sold out but the skunk is not.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Original Sk1 has Less than 5% Deviations, and is 1 reason they used it for breeding. It brings great stability to the lines of whatever its crossed with.

S.S.S.C.s Skunk 1 Description

Logo Super Sativa Seed Club
Super Sativa Seed Club Skunk 1
M9
Originally developed by the Sacred Seeds Co. A winner of a number of harvest festivals. One of me most sought after strains in the world. Ten years ago the sweet SKUNK 1 arose from an Afghani, a Columbian, and a Thai. It is now a stabilized homogeneous hybrid with less than 5% deviations. The breeding plants were selected scientifically. Examination tests selected the plants with the highest percentage of THC. A THC percentage of 15% was indicated by gas chromatography. The SKUNK 1 has a high calyx to leef ratio. Large, long full buds. It finishes the first week of October. The Yield varies from 400-1000 grams. With an average of 500 grams. Yields of up to 2000 grams {5 pounds!} have been recorded. Indoors, experienced growers can, by using the plantlet method, harvest 400—500 rams per square meter. Very suitable for Indoor growing, too.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I bet those are going to be great plants.
I have a few all ready going to flip them to bloom in another day or two.
I have pretty high standards and I do not know what to expect.
I’ve seen pics from a friend who already had a grow of them but the pictures and his growing skills were very subpar.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

I'm interested to know how they turn out..and don't forget the smoke report. I always wonder about a grow diary with no smoke report at the end...was it really THAT strong? That they totally space out and forget the smoke report???

Love the avatar, btw

Top Bottom