NL Autoflower not flowering in 9th week!

• Thread starter Irie_man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Irie_man

Hi, I'm growing an NL autoflower into the 9th week, and it still is not flowering. Something weird with the leaves looks like it wants to move into flowering mode but still not doing it. I moved it to 12-12 hour light cycle a couple days ago, but so far not seeing changes. Any ideas what is going on? Thank you.đź’š

Nl autoflower not flowering in 9th week
WhatsApp Image 2024 03 31 at 110528 AM
jetbtkng

jetbtkng

your plants have a either feeding issue or ph issue, your leaves arent right, im no expert but your plants are looking a little sick....

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The light stripping on leaves is light burn. The leaf rolling like a canoe, Light stress.
I'd say your light is to close buy a foot or more.

Tips burned. Salt build up in potting medium. She needs a good flush feeding.

What can you tell us about your lights?
What are you feeding her?

Are you sure she is an auto?

I

Irie_man

The light stripping on leaves is light burn. The leaf rolling like a canoe, Light stress.
I'd say your light is to close buy a foot or more.

Tips burned. Salt build up in potting medium. She needs a good flush feeding.

What can you tell us about your lights?
What are you feeding her?

Are you sure she is an auto?
Wow, thanks! I should have asked earlier! I've a grown a couple plants, but I'm still a beginner.
I have now moved it from the lights. I do see crystals on the surface of the soil, so I think you may be right about the salt. I once had a problem with root rot, so I'm worried not to over-water. But it does look like I need to flush it out.

Until about two weeks ago, I'd been giving it a standard growth gel mixed with the water. The past few weeks I've been transitioning to Atami Bloombastic. I'm using a Sunmaster Dual-Spectrum Lamp.
As for the seeds, I purchased a bunch of autos, Northern Lights and Purple Punch. I think these are NL. My other plants from this batch of seeds did autoflower. Alongside this plant, I have another one (I think it is Purple Punch) that looks healthier in terms of its leaves and it transitioned to flowering two weeks ago.
Thank you for this help! if you have further advice, I'm all ears.

D

DankDabbler

Hey! It could be a late bloomer. Keep an eye on it; sometimes they surprise you when you least expect it!

I

Irie_man

So should I'll just try continuing with the 12-12 cycle and hope for the best?

I

Irie_man

no i would let them keep going & see what happens, if their autos they'll go sooner or later.
I figured that maybe I can coerce it into flowering either way by doing the 12-12, but I can go back to the 18-6. Learning as i go. Thanks!

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Opposite answer to the other guy

You can I have many times there is no problem with going 12/12
So should I'll just try continuing with the 12-12 cycle and hope for the best?

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

Opposite answer to the other guy

You can I have many times there is no problem with going 12/12
im a let nature take its course kinda guy, if their auto's then lettem auto, whats the worse that could happen they get bigger/bushier, ouch, lol...

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
im a let nature take its course kinda guy, if their auto's then lettem auto, whats the worse that could happen they get bigger/bushier, ouch, lol...
Yeah sometimes autos are stubborn but do flower eventually

Really would be better to let the plant recover from the light burn ect first anyways. Was just saying it’s possible tbh I’ve only done it when it gets to big

🙂

I

Irie_man

Thank you for this input. Which would be the least risky option? In my limited experience, I've found autos to be rather unforgiving of any glitches on the way. I'd sacrifice yield for a better chance of getting a decent crop.

I

Irie_man

Update: I moved the plant to 50cm from the light, and i carried out the flush around 36 hours ago. the soil is still moist. The leaves are still not looking good, maybe even worse. Any idea how long it can take to see an improvement? or is there something else i should be doing? Thanx!

WhatsApp Image 2024 04 04 at 104754 AM
WhatsApp Image 2024 04 04 at 104753 AM
I

Irie_man

Update: The plant does seem to be regenerating. I trimmed off some of the dying leaves. I noticed that it looked like there were a few very pathetic looking buds that died before getting anywhere. I just cut them off and it seems like the plant is coming back to life. Then the question is whether to keep waiting for it flower, or if to try moving it into 12-12. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

WhatsApp Image 2024 04 17 at 082448 1
WhatsApp Image 2024 04 17 at 082448
X

xrevolutionx

Hows your plant doing? Ive been having big issues with mine. Im on the first grow also. Something is wrong i cant figure out what though, can anyone help?

Plants
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

there seems to be a lot of this going on check out my post it's a fight between light burn/stress and hot soil lol

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

given the fact its a plant that supposed to be a fcking weed that grows in the wild it sure is hard to master lol

X

xrevolutionx

given the fact its a plant that supposed to be a fcking weed that grows in the wild it sure is hard to master lol
Ge Whizz tell me about it thats what i was thinking. Ive put so much effort into every aspect, lighting, air flow, distance and ppfd of light, nutrient schedules, everything. Its all a good learning process though. I just hope i get something half smokeable off mine though as it would all be in vain otherwise!

Latest posts

Top Bottom