NL5xAfg and Critical Skunk Grow Show

• Thread starter billy liar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
billy liar

billy liar

Hi there peeps,
Heres my latest plants in the tree machines, a couple of tweaks have been made to the design of the system. And the Vscrog will be filled up in a few weeks, with (prob) CS or maybe Mango (groovers cut), but not NL5xAfg, it just doesn't stretch, as predicted.

So here is B2: NL5 x Afg
picture.php

and here is A2: Critical Skunk.
picture.php

Looks like a yielder...:D
Hoping for a successful, problem free grow. And would like around 20oz from each plant, or would like to come close to 2.17gpw like my last run (inc VScrOG).

Hope you all like, I'll answer all Q's so don't hesitate.

Peace
BL

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Make it happen and a lot of people including myself will be watching. Like to see people rock the V-scrog.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey billy this should be a sick show for sure..some dank genes your working with...is hat system jk's? If so how much did it actually cost? I can't remember what he had said..

Burn

billy liar

billy liar

Tobor the 8th Man, I'll have a good go LOL, I found a few areas to work on with the last run, namely my weaving skills with the VScrOG, found some professional support rings on ebay, so I think I'll give them a try this time.
burnalot420, Thanks, I hope these genes work out well, they from Shantibaba so will be great, I have no doubt. the Criticals Skunk is Critical Mass x Afghan Skunk, the AFxSk is old breeding stock from neville, and is supposedly very strong and a great breeding stud..... the NL5xAfg is just that..

Now then I copied and pasted the first post to 3 forums, so thought I should outline the room to give an idea of whats going on..
in here we have two of my tree machines (homemade), which are basicaly heath robinson inspired RcDWC/modded waterfarms. around the outside is a 6" tube flooded about 2/3 with oxygen rich flowing water/nutes. the whole system uses 1 50w pump that delivers 4000lph. and no air pumps...
for the lighting I'm using 2 600w hps bulbs, but flip flopping every 3hrs, so the whole grow uses 600w.
On my last run I achieved 1 x 10oz tree, 1 x 24oz tree, and 12.5oz from the VScrOG. giving me 46.5oz which is 2.17gpw.. I'd like to do better this run but will be more than happy with something similar..:harvest:
thanks for stopping by guys..
peace
BL

billy liar

billy liar

critical skunk
picture.php

NL5xAfg
picture.php

Hope this works got no internet atm, so using me fone, and its a pain in the arse.... LOL
Peace
BL

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Billy,
that looks like some good shit there, man! That is quite an achievement in energy efficiency, for such a harvest with just 2 600's flip floppin'. I think that the V scrog around the outside is really a sweet use of space, and otherwise unused lumens. Do you just put plants into there straight from an aero cloner or something like that? Are you using a venturi for aeration? Is there a reason that you flip the 600's instead of just burning them both at the same time?

Sorry for so many questions, but you have an interesting setup without a doubt.

Thanks,
-TF:evilgrin0013:

billy liar

billy liar

Wondered if anyone would find me here, hehehe
picture.php

picture.php

here's a coulple o' pics of plants getting ready for the VScrOG.. the roots just sit in the water in the tubes (minimal transplant shock this way).

I dont use a venturi or air pumps, although venturi's are a great way to achieve "super saturation" they require a pump that adds extra heat to the res which increases my need for a chiller... therefore decreasing efficiency..

Reason for "flip floping" EFFICIENCY...

hope that helps TF

Good luck and Grow well
Peace
BL

billy liar

billy liar

OK then, both girls were chopped last night.. and scissor hash put me to sleep...LOL
as promised I took a couple of pics before the chop, first heres the NL#5xAfg

08092010068.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
08092010067.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

told you she wouldn't break any records.. this plant is VERY low odour.. but when I bend a bud open and stick my nose in, it takes me back about 15 years, say no more..:D I've NEVER in all 14 year of growing seen such a rock hard bud, NEVER, and I mean ROCK HARD... I've grown kushes and various big buds, and other indica's, but this is strangely solid, I like it... a lot.

Now this ladies and gentlemen, is a fantastic plant with a whole world of potential. Smells sweet and fruity, skunky and a slight hint of berry, other phenos may show this more.. but a slow dry and a cure will bring out some special aromas in this plant, I can just tell. Critical Skunk:

08092010066.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
08092010065.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
bud structure is very good indeed, nice long fat colas, that are as dense as most indica's, yield from this plant could be huge. I imagine great bag appeal too. so far I can see a very good mix of the Afghan and skunks in this mix, basically a afghan skunk crossed to another afghan skunk, that just makes a great plant.. this will be a good contender to out sell the blues thats so popular here I thinks..
peace
BL

billy liar

billy liar

I did some extensive testing on the NL5xAfg last nite. And I'm very glad to say, this is KILLER herb, the effects are quite astounding, I found it quite difficult to remain standing while smoking the first J last night. Within minutes the body became almost numb. but warm, it (my body) just didn't want to do anything, but sit on the sofa..LOL. The mind became almost confused, or really lacking any ability to pay attention, the tv was on, and I spent time trying to work out what just happened and what was just said, I felt like a gold fish with no memory..... ever seen that monty python sketch from the meaning of life.... heheee.
I mentioned smoking the scissor hash, this was just as narcotic IMO. The Mrs asked a few questions, and got no reply LOL..
I'd put longevity of the high (or low) at around three hours of muddiness. I say muddy, it was a word that kept coming to mind as I sat down for 3hrs, but wasn't quite muddy, if you know what I mean, but certainly not clear.
If anyone ever says all weed is the same, this will shut them up.
the flavour is in no way lacking either, very smooth on the tounge/throat, I have a bad palate, so really dont have much ability to describe tastes and smells too well, I'm the same with foods, but I know what I like, I'll be talking with friends and getting other opinions on taste/smell. but this is one of the first herbs I've given to friends where all called to tell me this was absolutely knock out...

so Indica heads, or med patients, looking for pain relief, or insomnia relief, BUY NORTHERN LIGHTS#5 x AFGHAN FROM SHANTI.... IT WORKS...

taste/aroma 7/10
body 9/10
mind 8.5/10
longevity 8/10
yield ?/10 (needs work)
bud structure (if you looking for dense) 10/10 Like a rock...
resin production 6/10
overall 8.5/10 this may change if I can yield more..

did I just doo my first proper smoke report???? LOL

this weekend I'll be testing Critical Skunk (Critical Mass x Afghan Skunk) this smells absolutely amazing, very fruity/berries with tones of skunk.. and I cant wait to get stuck into it. this put a smile on peoples faces when they put their noses in the bag, I asked them to try the NL5xAfg first though.

peace
BL

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice grow man... Much respect to Shanti for bringing back the old skool greats...

billy liar

billy liar

Married2Mary, thanks very much...:party0042:

Critical Skunk (Critical Mass x (Afghan x Skunk IBL?)) is commercial GOLD...
Once dried this herb smells delightful, a week in a jar and there is an aroma explosion.... A good mix of berry's, fruit (almost rotten) and SKUNK. Similar to Blues and a bit like the cheese, but very individual... I'd say a well rounded full bodied stink, :D Not a low odour plant to grow though..
Flavour is all there, again takes me back to some old skool flavours. fills the mouth with an almost creamy texture to the smoke.. and your lungs know there's seriously tasty smoke in them. Not a too much of a choker though..;) But close...
Seems to activate the brain into a buzzy state, with plenty of conciousness.. while leaving the body STONED.. really quite pleasurable. This won't keep you awake at all, Close your eyes and wake up tomorrow:)...
To grow this plant seems easy, very well structured, christmass tree shaped. and ornamental. yields very well, thanks to the CM I suppose. Good density to the buds, but not the tightest. Found a little mould through drying. Our fault for not leaving the fan running:o, but nothing to worry about if you take preventative steps..
Most of my friends LOVED this strain for obvious reasons, Smell and Flavour..
I've not stayed awake long enough to tell you exactly how long this one lasts, but at least 2 1/2 hrs... :)

taste/aroma 9/10
body 8/10
mind 7.5/10
longevity 7/10 (needs more testing, I only smoke late in the evenings)
yield 8.5/10 (needs more work and a less stressed grow)
bud structure 8/10
resin production 8/10 (above average with a nice sheen)
overall 7.5/10 (I may be biased towards the other strain)

So as I said "Commercial GOLD" this would sell it's self on aroma alone. with its effects not far behind the STINK....
Good for sleep, I'd say really quite useful with physical pain. with plenty of recreational uses for "stone heads". Its bit like cake.... LOL
So another recommended strain from MNS.. BUY IT NOW.... LOL

peace
BL

billy liar

billy liar

Hi Fido,
picture.php

picture.php

Thought I'd throw up a couple of pics of my tree machines for you.....
peace
BL

Top Bottom