NO BS... This is for real!!!

• Thread starter Disco Duck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Disco Duck

I've always been into cutting edge science. This is actually slightly old news, it started to reach "buffs" like me earlier this year. It is of interest to growers, but really the whole world. You'll be hearing a lot about this towards the end of this year, when real examples begin to pop up in demonstrations. I'm not one, but you enviromentalists get ready for a dream to come true.

Remember Cold Fusion??? Well... it's back, and this time it's for real.

Meet Dr. Andrea Rossi...

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Andrea_A._Rossi_Cold_Fusion_Generator

This is the real deal. Other scientists and engineers have already figured out what he is doing and duplicated his results... even before he was willing to tell all. This really does work, and by the end of this year you'll be seeing the first operational commercial examples. Several working prototypes already exist, some of them made by other engineers after hearing of Rossi's "catalyst".

Briefly, the Rossi catalyst uses a reaction of copper and nickel in a hyrdrogen chamber with no oxygen. Heated with with 400w of power, a reaction begins that produces 1800 degree temp inside the chamber. The reaction will last about 6 months before the process must be reset (a simple task). The catalyst puts out almost 10 times more energy than is put into it.

Within 5 years we'll all probably have these in our homes, but I'm thinking us indoor growers will be trying to get some of the early models for christmas this year:-)

A

A20Grower

Wikipedia is your friend. Spamming grow sites?

Ten seconds with the google-fu:

The intensity of the radiation emitted from the part of the apparatus where the alleged fusion process is taking place was measured both before and after ignition.[5] No significant difference in activity was detected when the apparatus was in an idle and "working" mode. This result conflicts with current theoretical and experimental knowledge of nuclear fusion processes and interaction between radiation and matter, according to which excess radiation would be generated, allowed to escape the apparatus, and subsequently detected. No gamma ray spectroscopy was performed due to restrictions from Rossi and Focardi.

and:

Evaluation of the device

The mechanism by which the Energy Catalyzer generates excess energy – if it does so – is not known. Rossi claims in a patent application[8] that this is a fusion process involving nickel and hydrogen, forming copper. This fusion reaction should generate substantial amounts of gamma radiation both directly and as the result of electron-positron annihilation, however none was detected during a public demonstration of their device in January 2011.

Rossi and Focardi have been unable to publish their work in a peer-reviewed scientific journal,[9] instead presenting their work in Rossi's self-published blog titled the Journal of Nuclear Physics.

Rossi's patent application received an unfavorable preliminary report on patentability,[10] citing serious deficiencies in both the description of the device and in the evidence provided to support its feasibility.

D

DazedNconfussed

I dought we'll see it in our lifetime....even if it does work the goverment will down play it, say a buch of BS and probly kill the inventer and steal his work.

Too many big corps will loose money, its like how big pharma down plays and tries to fight the MMJ industry.

Also, I wouldnt belive too many reports about the inventers thing not working...here in America there is too much censorship in the news.

Here is a 5 page PDF about it

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJbrieftechn.pdf

D

Disco Duck

I understand your scepticism AM20, but keep looking into this. You are finding debunking written before other engineers realized what he is doing and managed to build their own devices. It really does work. The key, from what I've read, is no oxygen at all in the tube. Once you achieve that, you get a reaction that will last about six months, producing about 1800f temps from 400w of electricity, and those are stats from an engineer that figured it out and built a cheap one in his garage. Rossi's is probably more effecient.

They are actually building a 1mw powerplant using this technology right now in Greece, the is supposed to be up and running towards the end of this year.

This type of claim is normally nonsense, so I completely understand anyone who isntictively thinks this is BS. But this really does appear to actually work. I didn't believe it either until very recently, when I heard of a second engineer who has figured it out and has his own version running. Independant people keep actually doing this and making it work, that says too me this is for real this time. The millions in funding he's recieved from investors are a pretty good indication there is something too it as well.

I have a lot of experience with these types of controvertial subjects, and just over the last couple weeks this one really has begun to look like the real thing... it would be the first time a thing like this wound up being the real thing in my lifetime.

Tripsick

Tripsick

As long as it means cheaper energy i'm all for it. How long before its commercialized?
When will the large projects start in the US?

eyecandi

eyecandi

I hope it happens, we need something else to get us to the next level

here is one of my favorite 'no you can't' stories of the year

One Man’s Quest to Outrace Wind

Cort

Cort

Clean, cheap/free energy would decimate the world economy. The powers of status quo will never let it be.

Imagine the people out of work when the major power companies shut down. Everyone from power cable manufactures, those who make power poles coal miners, oil and natural gas drilling etc... would all be jobless.

Imagine the tax loss the governments would see.

Do you think there are some powerful people interested in never having free/cheap energy?

R

RMCG

I hope it happens, we need something else to get us to the next level

here is one of my favorite 'no you can't' stories of the year

One Man’s Quest to Outrace Wind

Great story. Thanks for sharing that!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Clean, cheap/free energy would decimate the world economy. The powers of status quo will never let it be.

Imagine the people out of work when the major power companies shut down. Everyone from power cable manufactures, those who make power poles coal miners, oil and natural gas drilling etc... would all be jobless.

Imagine the tax loss the governments would see.

Do you think there are some powerful people interested in never having free/cheap energy?

how would cheap energy decimate the economy? people would just spend the money on other things? or once they get cheap energy they just stop spending? no one would get bigger tv's or computer screens, spend the money on a better car or a bigger home?

to someone that doesn't grow thier electric bill is not even a big deal. im never out with friends and hear them say man this electric bill is killing me right now. but all day long you will hear someone say man my cell phone bill its 150.00 a month, cable bills are rolling in close to 200.00 each month. but electric bills no big deal at least not on the east coast anyway.

Cort

Cort

how would cheap energy decimate the economy? people would just spend the money on other things? or once they get cheap energy they just stop spending? no one would get bigger tv's or computer screens, spend the money on a better car or a bigger home? to someone that doesn't grow thier electric bill is not even a big deal. im never out with friends and hear them say man this electric bill is killing me right now. but all day long you will hear someone say man my cell phone bill its 150.00 a month, cable bills are rolling in close to 200.00 each month. but electric bills no big deal at least not on the east coast anyway.

Unless you are one of the untold millions who would be out of a job because there is no more need for the nuclear power plant, the power pole, the high tension wire between the poles, the giant generators used at the hydro dam, no meters to read, no coal needed to burn for electricity so there are less miners, less mining equipment etc... the ripples spread far and wide.

Some of these would be long term shifts giving other industries a chance to rise, grow and employ people, others would be gone in almost the blink of an eye.

In the long run it would be an awesome thing, short term havoc as prices and wages fall.

Blaze

Blaze

I The catalyst puts out almost 10 times more energy than is put into it.

Umm... I'm no scientists but doesn't this violate some basic laws of physics? Energy cannot be created or destroyed - only converted from one form to another. So how is it this device can somehow generate 10 times the amount of energy that is put into it? I mean if this is true, then you could reroute 1 watt of power for every 10 produced back into the machine to make another 10 watts, and you would have a perpetual energy machine. That is impossible - energy cannot be created out of thin air, which unless I am missing something here, seems to be the claim...

D

Disco Duck

Umm... I'm no scientists but doesn't this violate some basic laws of physics? Energy cannot be created or destroyed - only converted from one form to another. So how is it this device can somehow generate 10 times the amount of energy that is put into it? I mean if this is true, then you could reroute 1 watt of power for every 10 produced back into the machine to make another 10 watts, and you would have a perpetual energy machine. That is impossible - energy cannot be created out of thin air, which unless I am missing something here, seems to be the claim...

I think what they are saying is that the reaction is generating the additional heat, boiling water to 1800f+. As if once the reaction gets going, it is heating the water far more than the 400w would. And it is not "perpetual", it needs to be recharge with nickel every six months or so. I am under the impression that you are "burning nickel" in this process. The exact details are still vague, but it does seem like with the little that is out there others are starting to figure it our and succeed with similar devices.

I have no idea if this really works, but I have been following it and it is starting to seem like this actually does work.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

This reactor you all are talking about is fake. Fusion or Fission can be verified by radioactive dust. I really doubt any was found in this guys experiment.

Cold fusion is likely only achievable if someone figures out a way to force 2 atoms closer together than their protons permit.... Basically... like the force that stops like poles on a magnet from coming together, but on a far more energetic scale...

Zero point energy is where its at. Screw fusion.

Blaze

Blaze

I think what they are saying is that the reaction is generating the additional heat, boiling water to 1800f+. As if once the reaction gets going, it is heating the water far more than the 400w would. And it is not "perpetual", it needs to be recharge with nickel every six months or so. I am under the impression that you are "burning nickel" in this process. The exact details are still vague, but it does seem like with the little that is out there others are starting to figure it our and succeed with similar devices.

Ah, Ok, that makes more sense. Well for the sake of the rest of the world I hope it is not a hoax, but this does seem kinda suspicious...

Zero Point Energy would be nice if we could ever figure it out :)

L

Lost

I call B.S.

My love of science and the scientific method is probablly no surprise to anyone that has seen my posts. I don't see the reality of this and would like to understand what their scientific explanation is. How is the 400 watts produce the enormous amount of energy required for the fusion?

Where this technology will happen after we unlock the ability to access some of the 11 (or 10 depending on the string theory expert you ask) dimensions. It is thru that accessability that the wonderous things will happen.

On a funkey side note, gravity is such a weak property because it permeates more than 4 (of 10 or 11) dimensions. Our scientific calculations on how strong it should be are way off (its much weaker than it should be), because we have yet to understand the dimensions we cannot see or examine, and how these dimentions influence our world, and how they do not. Creating energy in our dimensions my have certain limits, not experienced in other dimensions. In other words, I pose that the energy would need to be produced in more than 4 dimensions, for such things to work, and simple chemical reactions are not in and they are only in 4 dimensions.

If this were reality, we would not be hearing about it on this level. This technology if real would give the creators basically a monolopy on humanity, Yea, really..

R

RMCG

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

A

A20Grower

Unless you are one of the untold millions who would be out of a job because there is no more need for the nuclear power plant, the power pole, the high tension wire between the poles, the giant generators used at the hydro dam, no meters to read, no coal needed to burn for electricity so there are less miners, less mining equipment etc... the ripples spread far and wide.

Some of these would be long term shifts giving other industries a chance to rise, grow and employ people, others would be gone in almost the blink of an eye.

In the long run it would be an awesome thing, short term havoc as prices and wages fall.
Which government agency are you employed or financed by?

Less government seems better to me. Start with the politicians.

How do you feel about cannabis legalization? That would largely be the end of our huge enforcement/judicial/prison complex wouldn't it? It would likely affect Big Pharma in a huge way, and once legal the medical benefits could be finally studied. That would most definitely be the end of Big Pharma. Our alcohol industry would be affected by it as well, but fuck them, I'll stick to my green and continue to stay away from alcohol.

Or am I missing something? I also fail to see how people who lost their jobs can't find other means to provide? That's a pretty crappy outlook to have. imo of course.

Carry on!

S

Slips

Let me know who blows up or who gets one working first ...

More info on the subject

Latest posts

Top Bottom