no bud sites 12/12

• Thread starter Howstar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Howstar

Howstar

I have a question? I'm into my 2nd week of bloom. And all the plants seem to do is stretch. This is my 4th go at it and i'm still green, hoping to be dank. I think that i should be seeing some bud sites by now. I have been thinning out the bottoms. Maybe this is stunting them? I think I read some place that if I leave the light off for 4 days this might help the process take place. Is there any truth to this. Or maybe I'm just eager beaver. Super sour D is what i'm growing. Im running heavy 16, magi cal, vermi-t, great white, roots excel, hyrozyme, big bud, budswel and flora nectar. Its basically Green Coasts HVY 16 Cadillac special sauce. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

R

RIVERKAT

Hi howstar. Give it another week, they will be there. That Super Silver Haze takes a little longer. Just keep it at 12/12 and make sure you don't have any light leaks.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
A lot a Sativa Dom strains take a while to kick into flower! My Lemon Thai and Sour Amnesia took forever to start budding. Just be patient, bro! How u doin, RiverKat?

Effendi

Effendi

A lot a Sativa Dom strains take a while to kick into flower!

Yup, what they said....The very fact that they are stretching like that tells you they are on their roll.

You are familiar with the strain correct? I only ask because if you are not familiar with the strain characteristics, and you are two weeks in with little sign of flowers yet, you are in for a long haul.

Keep us posted. Pics rock.

.:mmm

Howstar

Howstar

Yup, what they said....The very fact that they are stretching like that tells you they are on their roll.

You are familiar with the strain correct? I only ask because if you are not familiar with the strain characteristics, and you are two weeks in with little sign of flowers yet, you are in for a long haul.

Keep us posted. Pics rock.

.:mmm

Not too familiar with strain. The lights some on @ 7:30 pm. I will snap a pic. I still very much a rookie. All i know is that they were called super sour diesel. But that doesn't mean much. People will call something anything in order to sell it. And with a product like this you don't find out till much later what you in fact have. But, I will say this the filter is working full force. For being without flowers they sure are stinky. So no complaints on that front. Thanks for your insight.

Howstar

Howstar

DSC_00861.JPG
DSC_00892.JPG
DSC_00901.JPG

Effendi

Effendi

Those are looking really good Howstar, good size, space and clean set-up. I like it!!

And yea they look like they very well could be a nice diesel. I have enjoyed a few of those over the years, I love the earthy dirt taste of a diesel. Look for a good 10-11 week time frame then.

.:)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Those are looking good. Great job Howstar.....:animbong:

Wow 11 weeks...Really ?

Effendi

Effendi

Wow 11 weeks...Really ?

if it's really Sour diesel than most likely. I remember diesels taking longer.

Of course it depends on the exact strain but I looked it up just to make sure and according to here:

Sour Diesel
[Reservoir Seeds]
Sativa 90 / Indica 10
Origins - Mexican Sativa x Chemo
Flowering - 75-80 day

11 weeks would be 77 days...

:pimp:

Howstar

Howstar

Those are looking really good Howstar, good size, space and clean set-up. I like it!!

And yea they look like they very well could be a nice diesel. I have enjoyed a few of those over the years, I love the earthy dirt taste of a diesel. Look for a good 10-11 week time frame then.

.:)

Thanks, I have been going battle with pests however. Spider mites and i think root aphids. I did a soak of SNS-203 for the aphids. Sprayed some Forbid on the mites. And i have been spraying spinosad, because i thought the flyers could be thrips. I just might get to the end without anymore issues.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Forbid in flower? Yikes.

I was always told to no later than a week b4 flip, but if you are flowering for 11 weeks hopefully all is well.

Just something I have always gone by.

Good luck brotha! Mites Suck!

Howstar

Howstar

Forbid in flower? Yikes.

I was always told to no later than a week b4 flip, but if you are flowering for 11 weeks hopefully all is well.

Just something I have always gone by.

Good luck brotha! Mites Suck!

Sure did. It says forbid stays around for 20 days. And like the thread states, no bud sites. I have way more than 20 days. :sad0047:

Howstar

Howstar

If you dont see budsites by week 3 there is somethin wrong

Thanks. I was trying think i didn't have a problem other than pests. Maybe they are causing a bit of a set back. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for your reply.

hiboy

hiboy

Frickin mites will ruin ya bro , hopefully u can get them in check this early. By the end they will colonize and take over, especially if its a long run with that strain. Green cure helped me before, and u can spray it thru flower. Green cure works, slows them mites down alot.
h

Howstar

Howstar

Frickin mites will ruin ya bro , hopefully u can get them in check this early. By the end they will colonize and take over, especially if its a long run with that strain. Green cure helped me before, and u can spray it thru flower. Green cure works, slows them mites down alot.
h

Thanks, they just don't seem to die. Some are dead but others still have some fight left. I'm hearing some things about mighty wash as well. I will have to look into green cure.

M

Moon Dog

FYI Green Cure is a fungicide " GreenCure® is a potassium bicarbonate-based fungicide that has been proven to cure and prevent powdery mildew, blackspot, downy mildew, ..."
May do unpleasant things do spidermites as well but not what it is intended for.

For spider mites I highly recommend one tried and true technique that really makes a difference in keeping them down. Change up what you use each week. If you can vary what you use for 3 consecutive weeks they will not be able to get used to it and you can break the life cycle.

For example
wk 1 Pyrethrin bomb like dr doom. Kills existing mites.
wk 2 foliar spray with azamax. You can us this in your res too. Follow instructions from label!
wk 3 Other mite treatment of your choice. There are MANY.

The order doesn't matter just change it up. This works to keep them down even when they get bad. You have to break the life cycle of the bugs in order to kill them and get them gone for good. I recommend doing this ASAP since you have such a long flower ahead of you because you don't want to be bombing and spraying in late flower if you can avoid it. Aza max is OK to use or one of the other organics for spot treatment as you get closer to harvest. Just try not to get your flowerz.

Howstar

Howstar

FYI Green Cure is a fungicide " GreenCure® is a potassium bicarbonate-based fungicide that has been proven to cure and prevent powdery mildew, blackspot, downy mildew, ..."
May do unpleasant things do spidermites as well but not what it is intended for.

For spider mites I highly recommend one tried and true technique that really makes a difference in keeping them down. Change up what you use each week. If you can vary what you use for 3 consecutive weeks they will not be able to get used to it and you can break the life cycle.

For example
wk 1 Pyrethrin bomb like dr doom. Kills existing mites.
wk 2 foliar spray with azamax. You can us this in your res too. Follow instructions from label!
wk 3 Other mite treatment of your choice. There are MANY.

The order doesn't matter just change it up. This works to keep them down even when they get bad. You have to break the life cycle of the bugs in order to kill them and get them gone for good. I recommend doing this ASAP since you have such a long flower ahead of you because you don't want to be bombing and spraying in late flower if you can avoid it. Aza max is OK to use or one of the other organics for spot treatment as you get closer to harvest. Just try not to get your flowerz.

Wow! Great information! Thank you! I need to hit them with the triple threat! I have problems in the past. Maybe once and for all I will be able to fend them off. I would rather be proactive than reactive. I would like to have a non-toxic harvest. Should I be spraying each day? 7 sprays a week. OR just wait every other day in the week to spray?

Latest posts

Top Bottom