No buds yet; bring in garage?

• Thread starter moviefan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moviefan

Anything I mention here I did by asking around and watching videos. I didn't get any definitive answers to these questions I'm about to ask so I wanted to check with you experts!

First time novice grower. I bought a 7” Wedding Cake clone and put it in a 15 gallon fabric bag with Fox Farms Ocean Forest the first week of August. It’s been outdoors ever since and it got big and wide; about 2 feet in each direction and looking great. I just trimmed off the bottom two or three layers along with a little off a tip top branch or two (see pic).

Also, it’s suppose to get into the low 40’s here and there the next couple weeks. Should I be putting it in my garage overnight? Or will it be ok leaving it outside until it starts flowering? I gave it some seabird guano (0-12-0--whatever that means--it was recommended to me Lol) after I trimmed it the other day but other than that and the Ocean Forest, I haven't been feeding it anything.

SO... do I still need to feed it anything again before she starts budding? Which will be within the next couple weeks I hope. And is it ok to leave it outside until then? Anything else?

Thanks!!

No buds yet bring in garage
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It would help to know where you are growing. And whether it’s an auto.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well, if it’s not, and it’s a reg it should be flowering by now, so something is up. And you started it way too late. So if it does start to flower, you better plan on finishing it up indoors. 40s isn’t very cold. Long as it’s warming up a little during the day. If it started flowering now, you would be lucky to have it. Finish up by New Year’s! Just my opinion. Good luck.

M

moviefan

Well, if it’s not, and it’s a reg it should be flowering by now, so something is up. And you started it way too late. So if it does start to flower, you better plan on finishing it up indoors. 40s isn’t very cold. Long as it’s warming up a little during the day. If it started flowering now, you would be lucky to have it. Finish up by New Year’s! Just my opinion. Good luck.
Yeah in hindsight I know I started it a little late. Like I said, total newbie! Lol. Live and learn. Still hoping to get something. Upper 50's, low 60's during the day the next 10 days and probably beyond.

I didn't know if it was auto or not so I called the nursery I got it from and he said no it's not. He also said it should have total darkness overnight so even though street/alley lights aren't shining directly on it overnight, there is some ambient light. So I might opt to put it in the garage if for no other reason than the darkness and bring it out every morning. Not prepared to put it indoors unless normal light from standard house lightbulbs won't harm it. Don't have a tent or anything nor am I prepared to spend the $ to get one.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Are you sure it’s not a male! Don’t see any little balls on it? Disregard. I see is a clone. And I think mad bud was referring to porch, lights, security, lights, etc.

Madbud

Madbud

Growing totally outdoors. See my reply to Oldchucky's post. Might put her in the garage overnight going forward.
One option is keep it in veg with a flourescent shoplight then take clones for next year. You can use led bulbs but old fashion filament bulbs are a no go. The droop is either over or underwatered. Outdoors, she could finish in 8-12 weeks.

jdog22

jdog22

by low 40s your talking F or C? if your dealing with nearly freezing temps id take it inside and try to mimic good sun for the same period of time, or just a warmer night.

also if your getting low 40s this means youll probably get it again soon, why not just bring her inside put on a light 18hr a day for 2 weeks than move it to 12/12 wait the 2 weeks and bam, should work haha

sugars have trouble moving below 17C so the best range is 17-27 from what ive seen online and in person, lower temps = denser bud and more colour.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Don’t mean to be negative, but I am! It’s getting so late where you are, if you’re not equipped to move it inside, and put it under lights, I think any harvest you have is going to be inconsequential, and not worth the effort! You got all winner to research and get started on time! Now I’ll shut up! Good luck to ya!

M

moviefan

by low 40s your talking F or C? if your dealing with nearly freezing temps id take it inside and try to mimic good sun for the same period of time, or just a warmer night.

also if your getting low 40s this means youll probably get it again soon, why not just bring her inside put on a light 18hr a day for 2 weeks than move it to 12/12 wait the 2 weeks and bam, should work haha

sugars have trouble moving below 17C so the best range is 17-27 from what ive seen online and in person, lower temps = denser bud and more colour.
Farenheit. Ok I think I'll try that. Like I said, I don't have any tents, special lights, or ventilation so I'll have to try and figure something out. Can you or anyone else here
Don’t mean to be negative, but I am! It’s getting so late where you are, if you’re not equipped to move it inside, and put it under lights, I think any harvest you have is going to be inconsequential, and not worth the effort! You got all winner to research and get started on time! Now I’ll shut up! Good luck to ya!
Thanks! Lol! Appreciate the honesty!

M

moviefan

Farenheit. Ok I think I'll try that. Like I said, I don't have any tents, special lights, or ventilation so I'll have to try and figure something out. Can you or anyone else here recommend an inexpensive set up for my situation?

M

moviefan

Farenheit. Ok I think I'll try that. Like I said, I don't have any tents, special lights, or ventilation so I'll have to try and figure something out. Can you or anyone else here recommend an inexpensive set up for my situation?

So if I have to bring it indoors to hopefully save it, this looks good, got good reviews, and most importantly is in my price range Lol. Thoughts? If I invest in something like this in the next couple weeks, will it help my plant bud?

jdog22

jdog22

budget buy would be a 4x4 tent 600w led(decent brand) 6inch exhaust with good cmf, 6inch carbon filter, a tower fan for good airflow and a few racks for your chunky ass buds to hang from. but again im not sure how a outside veg plant would go coming indoor's that i havnt done yet.

Top Bottom