No.cal Question

• Thread starter craqfu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

craqfu

I purchased taller clones this year to plant outdoors.Put outside end of April...now these plants I believe
started to flower but I simply kept them under natural light and hoped for the best.I think finally after 2 mos. they are finally getting taller.Last years crop was ,i kid you not 3-4 were times taller at this juncture .
They were itty bitty clones to start with but really grew fast and tall.I guess the moral is to either start outdoor grow a little later or start from seed or small clones if one wants to grow under 100% natural light.
Please tell me though this years plants will finally start to shoot up and fully regenerate again.?

The Terps

The Terps

Restart man you'll thank yourself in the end and next year you want to start from clone in early June late May

Underthesun

Underthesun

Size of the clone didn't have anything to do with it. Starting with seeds would help next year, you could start from seed now but your plants won't be huge. Starting from clones may be your best bet at this point, or just let the ones you have now finish off...or plant a few back up clones just in case. The terps may be right that you may want to plant new since your plants may be confused, but they could have also snapped out of it. Either way, I wouldn't be too worried since you have time if you act quickly to do something, if you want to. There are a few threads on how to put out clones in the spring, a new one on this outdoor forum called "Veg Times Outdoors". You're not growing monsters this year, but you can get some nice big plants with quality bud...not too late.

C

craqfu

Fellows...As hard as it is I'm taking your advice and I bought 2 more small clones that have been on an 18/6 schedule.
Even though the days are pretty long I will put them under lights for a couple 3-4 days before they stay outside 100% of
the time.If I post pictures of my existing plants would you guys be kind enough to give me your 2 cents worth?

Underthesun

Underthesun

I've never reveged a plant after it started to flower so I'm not sure I'm the best to say. I'm sure someone with experience will chime in if you post pics, pics are always good. Also, under the 'basic growing info' tab there is a sticky thread called 'why are my leaves throwing three fingers'. This may help also. Apparently if your plant flips, than flips back to veg it will start tossing out 3 finger leaves.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Fellows...As hard as it is I'm taking your advice and I bought 2 more small clones that have been on an 18/6 schedule.
Even though the days are pretty long I will put them under lights for a couple 3-4 days before they stay outside 100% of
the time.If I post pictures of my existing plants would you guys be kind enough to give me your 2 cents worth?
Yes, post pics, but it sounds to me like you can not readily swap these cloned out for a fresh batch of ready to grow clones. Therefore, if your choices are work with what you've got or sit around bored all summer, my recommendation is keep them and work with them. I believe they can revert and have a good grow season, it's still early.

C

craqfu

20160614 103607 HDR

20160614 103731
20160614 103626
20160614 103551
20160614 103454
C

craqfu

If I did not know any better I would argue these were not pot plants at all.These beauties are a hair over 2 mos old.
All I have is last year for comparison,but at this stage,albeit being planted almost 1 mo. later.Started this small crop April 11th and finally you can make out 3 small clones I purchased yesterday to grow a little better

Underthesun

Underthesun

Definitely confused plants. They aren't very big. Those new clones will catch up fast. If you can get cheap clones and have easy access, it may be worth switching them out. That's a lot of soil there. Or maybe try planting the clones in the same pot next to the existing plants. Chop down one of them after a while, that way you have a choice between plants and you won't be wasting soil and pots on plants that may be shit.

The Terps

The Terps

There will be no comparison the new plant out preform 4x better but try it like under sun said wont hurt and then you'll know first hand. Also if you want to get big plants your going to want to get at least a 65-100 gal if I was going to do a 30 gal bag I'd start in July

C

craqfu

Good lord.Really that big bag?I went to a 30 gal from a 25 gal because they turned out to be 8 ft last yr.Let me ask you this,they are on 4 wheel dollies and i move them every afternoon to get an extra 45 min of sunshine.Is this necessary?
this pic is from last year

20150907 173708 2
MeJuana

MeJuana

The best and easiest way to have marijuana trees is to preveg before the season start. I don't use a UV-B light in veg so I have to slowly acclimate my plants to the sunlight so they develop their protective waxy coating on their leaves. (Sunblock for mj)

Top Bottom