no clones from craigslist

• Thread starter Zoolander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Two guys got busted by the man for selling clones on CL up in Santa Barbara so be carefull

T

the Rock

I have met some growers in my area that are one in a million.clones that i will never find in any club.made friends with and am set for life. But in my county they dont bust growers unless tour just stupid

G

goleboy

same here....i met a few people on the scene and havnt had to source a cut of anything...it always seems they have what i want! friends with benefits i say ;-)

L

LOCO__MOCO

2 men arrested in Craigslist pot sales
Santa Barbara County sheriff's detectives say the suspects allegedly used the popular website to pitch high-grade marijuana 'clones' for sale.

By Catherine Saillant
April 2, 2010
E-mailPrint
Text Size

Craigslist is convenient for more than just would-be buyers and sellers. In Santa Barbara County, detectives are using the popular website to track down alleged illegal drug sales.

On Thursday, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department announced that it had arrested two men on suspicion of pitching high-grade marijuana "clones" for sale.

Though ads for medical marijuana collectives abound on the website, most are targeted at consumers who have a doctor's recommendation and an identification card, as required under state laws.

The men taken into custody in Santa Barbara County were offering hybrid seedlings that had been engineered to increase potency, sheriff's officials said.

Detectives witnessed at least one transaction with each of the men before moving in, said sheriff's spokesman Drew Sugars.

"Some people mistakenly think that the Compassionate Use Act allows them to sell marijuana freely," Sugars said. "That's not how the law was written and Craigslist is not a collective."

On Tuesday, detectives took Barry Herron, 29, of Carpinteria into custody on suspicion of growing, possessing and transporting marijuana for sale.

Investigators found more than 45 marijuana plants and other items at Herron's home that indicated he was selling the herb illegally, Sugars said.

On March 23, detectives arrested Matthew Schneider, 28, on similar charges.

During a search of his Santa Barbara home, investigators found more than 100 marijuana plants, two pounds of processed marijuana and more than $8,000 in cash, Sugars said.

He had another 65 plants and $1,500 in cash at a second residence in Mendocino County, Sugars said.

Authorities said they don't believe the men were working together. But both advertised on Craigslist.

A check of the website shows at least two recent ads in the Goleta, Calif., area offering marijuana clones for sale.

G

goleboy

ya craigslist shouldnt be a viable source for high grade anything...everything sourced from craigslist is always garbage

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Hahah what a bunch of dumb shits I feal no remorse for idiots like this U dont go around advertising unless U own a collective.....GM

D

DazedNconfussed

Its legal for one med patient to sell to another med patient correct? I believe where these guys went wrong was selling to people without a card. If the people he sold to had a DR recomendation I dont see what they could be charged with.

S

Sway

no its not legal to sell anything if your prop 215. its not a license to sell pot, its for personal use only. you cant sell to clubs legally or any other patient for that matter. this is where vendors for clubs get fucked time and time again.

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Its legal for one med patient to sell to another med patient correct? I believe where these guys went wrong was selling to people without a card. If the people he sold to had a DR recomendation I dont see what they could be charged with.

No its not legal to SELL anythang ur spouse to give or trade only, U can ONLY SELL if U form a non profit collective, and u must have a copy of there rec......GM

E

ent

take a bottle of water with you. sell the bottle of water for the $$ and give the clones for "free".

C

CAPO

Santa Barbara LEO may be alone on their investigations; anyone can google CL in other CA cities and easily find people selling MEDS not clones.

Not that I would by anything like that on CL.

E

edux10

yeah it sounds like the people who got popped didnt have doctors recs. i dont think you HAVE to sell to a club, you can share with other people in need right? a club is just a collective of drs reccomendations. I guess technically if you want to sell someone a cut or bud you would have to get a copy of their rec and make them sign a paper saying that you are a caregiver for them. the laws change every week tho, so i dont know. It really differs from county to county, but look at how LA was. Everyone and their mom was just going and getting a business lisc and renting a storefront to sell bud and that was it. Some counties make you go to the city hall or whatnot but 215 doesnt say anything really about how exactily you have to go about it... I know where im at there are no clubs, i dont get that. A lot of people have their cards and of course there are people that need it medically in the county, so i dont get it, i know there is money to be made and people to care for, and people that like to make money and care for people...

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

sorry for my potential ignorance - but i though it was legal to donate meds back to a collective YOU are a member of, for 'reasonable compensation'. Is that wrong - just another misconception of these hazy laws ??

peace
jj

Z

zoeronerer

ya craigslist shouldnt be a viable source for high grade anything...everything sourced from craigslist is always garbage

dont diss the list ....... or i will nerd rage on you ..

regardless of the bust ... its the best free website in the world ...

bottom line ....

i live off that fucker like a fur trapper not with this 215 shit but .... clist is life !

airplane tickets ... fits .... places to stay ... rolex watches the list goes onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Hahah what a bunch of dumb shits I feal no remorse for idiots like this U dont go around advertising unless U own a collective.....GM

Pretty harsh bro. No one should go to jail for herb, regardless of IQ.

I am not saying you should sell herb on CL, just saying we have all done dumb shit before.

JB

E

ent

ahaha LOL

my post was kinda a joke...but-

as a developer in the FOSS community i see this often. somebody will pretty much steal code licensed under the GPL to write software to sell. but since the GPL is written that if you want to sell software that includes code licensed under the GPL you have to release the source code FOR FREE, it is kinda counter to any profitable business plan. so i've seen companies skirt the law by not releasing source code, not selling the software at all, but selling a support plan. when you purchase a support plan, the software is included, for free. this is how they can LEGALLY get passed the GNU GPL.

very applicable for prop215 "transactions" where all products are supposed to be donation only and business run as a non-profit.

Top Bottom