No Good Deed

• Thread starter CannaBug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaBug

CannaBug

I am extremely sad to tell you about the recent experience of a friend of mine, who we shall refer to as John. Last week, while other states in this country were legalizing and decriminalizing marijuana, John was arrested on marijuana possession and paraphernalia charges and kept in a county jail for three days.

The story begins when John, a graduate student with a fiancee and a baby less than a year old, goes to the manager of his apartment complex with a complaint about an individual in the complex that he believes is selling drugs. He has seen lots of traffic going in and out of the apartment in question, which is located just across from his own, so naturally he is concerned for the safety of his family.

Now, John is not a drug dealer, he is not a drug user, he is a student who likes to smoke some weed. That’s it. But it is that fact that probably allowed him to recognize what was going on across the way. What led from the comment he made to the apartment manager to the five uniformed city cops and one sheriff knocking on his own door a few days later is unknown to me.

The six officers, according to John, essentially bullied their way into his home. He had been sitting on the couch on a weekday afternoon, actually not feeling very well, getting ready to head to a class when he received the knock on the door. Without even checking he opened the door and was greeted by said police forcing their way in.

He was quickly taken into custody for nothing more than a couple of pipes and less than one ounce of weed. While in custody John describes being treated like scum, being forced to strip down and subjected to invasive searches. What makes this truly disgusting is while in custody for those three days, another man was brought in for a non-drug related offense, violating the terms of his probation. While sitting in the cell this man pulled a sack of marijuana out of his pocket that he then proceeded to flush down the cell toilet in front of John.

Everything about my friend’s experience makes my skin crawl. Did I mention that his apartment manager has since evicted him and his family? Not to mention the money yet to be spent on lawyers, fines and court fees. This experience will stain John’s life for years, and the entire thing essentially comes back to him telling on someone else and ending up in trouble himself.

I’m just not sure what lesson I am supposed to take away from my friends experience. Everything about this just tells me to not tattle on other people and to never involve the police, and I’m not really sure those are right either. Unfortunately, it is a lifetime of experiences just like this one that have left me so distrustful of the people who are supposed to be protecting and serving.

https://cannabug.wordpress.com/

Natural

Natural

John needs to move out of the hood..lol. Seriously though, the hood will always be there. Heroin, meth, poverty..people's mentality in general..all recipes for serious troubles. His landlord was probably hooked up across the hall and did what he had to do. Also, that whole mentality where americans have this innate sense of civil rights, when in most cases ends up just being false rhetoric they learned from public school or tv. When we grow up in the hood mostly unsupervised, we learn a code that isn't written down. That code is how we can interact with everyone else, be it cop or criminal, and still stay alive and well, out of harms way.

bigjay420

bigjay420

Unfortunately this is what happens to rats.
Couldn't agree more. If he'd have taken his grandmas advise when he was 6 years old (don't tattle), he'd be at home smoking dank and spying on his neighbors (creepy, btw). Sounds to me like theres a lot more to this story than we're being told.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

"so naturally he is concerned for the safety of his family"

LMAO
he didn't seem to worry about what his actions would do to his neighbor
the worthless fuck got exactly what he had coming

fwiw

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am extremely sad to tell you about the recent experience of a friend of mine, who we shall refer to as John. Last week, while other states in this country were legalizing and decriminalizing marijuana, John was arrested on marijuana possession and paraphernalia charges and kept in a county jail for three days.

The story begins when John, a graduate student with a fiancee and a baby less than a year old, goes to the manager of his apartment complex with a complaint about an individual in the complex that he believes is selling drugs. He has seen lots of traffic going in and out of the apartment in question, which is located just across from his own, so naturally he is concerned for the safety of his family.

Now, John is not a drug dealer, he is not a drug user, he is a student who likes to smoke some weed. That’s it. But it is that fact that probably allowed him to recognize what was going on across the way. What led from the comment he made to the apartment manager to the five uniformed city cops and one sheriff knocking on his own door a few days later is unknown to me.

The six officers, according to John, essentially bullied their way into his home. He had been sitting on the couch on a weekday afternoon, actually not feeling very well, getting ready to head to a class when he received the knock on the door. Without even checking he opened the door and was greeted by said police forcing their way in.

He was quickly taken into custody for nothing more than a couple of pipes and less than one ounce of weed. While in custody John describes being treated like scum, being forced to strip down and subjected to invasive searches. What makes this truly disgusting is while in custody for those three days, another man was brought in for a non-drug related offense, violating the terms of his probation. While sitting in the cell this man pulled a sack of marijuana out of his pocket that he then proceeded to flush down the cell toilet in front of John.

Everything about my friend’s experience makes my skin crawl. Did I mention that his apartment manager has since evicted him and his family? Not to mention the money yet to be spent on lawyers, fines and court fees. This experience will stain John’s life for years, and the entire thing essentially comes back to him telling on someone else and ending up in trouble himself.

I’m just not sure what lesson I am supposed to take away from my friends experience. Everything about this just tells me to not tattle on other people and to never involve the police, and I’m not really sure those are right either. Unfortunately, it is a lifetime of experiences just like this one that have left me so distrustful of the people who are supposed to be protecting and serving.

https://cannabug.wordpress.com/
What a shame. I'm assuming this is in Oklahoma, a bastion of American values and freedom, yes? I don't like calling the guy a rat, but he was quite literally hoist with his own petard by calling the landlord on someone else for activities that didn't directly affect him.

And in fact, it's happened to ME. I was working an odd shift when I was working for Petschmo at their distribution center HQ importing and exporting animals. My neighbor across the way decided that because I'm up at 2:30am that I was dealing methamphetamine. FORTUNATELY for me, I was already personal friends with the complex managers.

What a shame, and what a lesson for "John."

ZONER

ZONER

"JOHN" should of starting looking for a new place to live. He should of just let the deposit go and move on, it would of been cheaper.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Sounds like john thought he was better than this "meth, heroin, violent drug dealer" and needs to learn how to exercise his rights. No warrant means no coming in, pretty dumb for a "graduate student". And if hes so concerned with his family, like others have said, get out of the hood. And maybe dont smoke in your sketchy one room appt with a newborn:confused:

RHoG

RHoG

Hmm,
Well first there's the title of the post, "No good deed", implying it was a good thing to turn the guy in.

Then there was this
he is not a drug user, he is a student who likes to smoke some weed.
. :confused:

I certainly understand the sentiment, but we gotta deal in reality, and the reality is a student that likes to smoke weed is a drug user.

Perhaps after you've settled into your new place you'll reexamine your viewpoint :facepalm:

And it should be obvious that the landlord (if not the cops) is well aware of happenings in the apartment across the way

Last edited:
CannaBug

CannaBug

I completely understand where almost everybody is coming from. This is not my own story, it is a past experience of a friend of mine so I might be being a little nice as opposed to objective. "John" does not live in the hood, not in Oklahoma but close, and he was sincerely naive enough to believe that he was doing something for the benefit of others, doing the right thing, a good deed if you will. But it seemed to me that all he got for it was punished, or perhaps what was coming to him. I am gonna have to agree with @fishwhistle the most, moral of the story is really don't be a john.

Last edited:
CannaBug

CannaBug

Sounds like john thought he was better than this "meth, heroin, violent drug dealer" and needs to learn how to exercise his rights. No warrant means no coming in, pretty dumb for a "graduate student". And if hes so concerned with his family, like others have said, get out of the hood. And maybe dont smoke in your sketchy one room appt with a newborn:confused:

It's actually two rooms, don't you feel silly?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom