No more Hairs? and Rattle snake talk

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Western diamondback. Unlikely that the mother snake is still around, they lay their clutch of eggs and bail. Tis the season! They're looking for water, a place to warm up or cool down. The one that bit me was small like that, only had the bud, but it was about... oh, maybe 15" long. Unless they're coiled and strikey, they're really not that risky to be around.

I think too many of us grew up watching too many old westerns. I've been out on my mother's back slope, covered with ivy, lifted up the leaves and found I was SURROUNDED by baby rattlers, all within easy striking distance. I moved carefully and calmly and they never budged.

Enjoy the vermin!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Im mostly worried about our new puppy and the goats Sea.
We have about 10 cats outside...So vermin aren't really a problem..
We also have lots of hawks...And I just saw a Crow fly over yesterday with a gohper in its mouth!
My wife and I love animails and Dont like to kill rattlesnakes...I promise,we will relocate any that we are able to.

reeldrag

reeldrag

Western for sure be carfull with babies adults will often give u a dry bite kinda warning thing but babies tend to give u a dose and thank u for not killing them I'm not a free the animals kook but all snakes serve a purpose. Do some online research there r ways to deter them to long to post here

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was pretty lucky with that baby snake. While it wasn't a dry bite, it sure in hell didn't pump me full like it could have. It was a warning. A very stiff warning.

Natural

Natural

I've seen grasshoppers eat all the hairs before..but in your region ?? I dunno.

p.s. hope you can relocate that rattler to a safer home away from kitty.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I've seen grasshoppers eat all the hairs before..but in your region ?? I dunno.

p.s. hope you can relocate that rattler to a safer home away from kitty.
I didnt think of that! It could be Grasshoppers/...I have seen some out there already..lots of little leafhoppers too.
Lots of of good bugs too,,,I havent sprayed these plants at all since they flipped...

I ended up with a couple zips so far..and I think there is two zips left on the plant..
F259
F2close59

reeldrag

reeldrag

Sea I'm very sorry to hear u got tagged r u ok did they give u crowfab as for grasshoppers that mite explain an issue I had awhile back thanks for the tip on that one same prob I had but only on plants not in greenhouse and there were a shot ton of them around

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, thanks reeldrag, but it was pretty much my fault because I'm the one who had it by the tail, not the other way around. Yeah, they gave me about 12 vials of Cro-Fab. Fucking EXPENSIVE.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I could change the name of this thread..lol :)

Oh, thanks reeldrag, but it was pretty much my fault because I'm the one who had it by the tail, not the other way around. Yeah, they gave me about 12 vials of Cro-Fab. Fucking EXPENSIVE.
I think my hospital bill was 50k....(plus 10k for the Lifeflight.
I was in there for 12 days..got anti venom the whole time I was there!
They wanted me to stay for more! I demanded to be set free!!( I had to harvest!)

We have a Cat that is now a Rattlesnake hunter.
This cat was dumped by someone and decided to live with us about 6 or 7 months ago..
She was so Beautiful when she showed up we called her Faira. She was clearly not an outdoor cat
She is not so pretty anymore....She's been bit twice in the past 3 weeks....
She was Crossed eyed for a week after the 1st bite... She was bitten again yesterday:( on the forehead!
...She is eating and rubbing on stuff and hunting again this morning though.

7 Lives left!

Faira

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That cat looks a LOT like one we have in our neighborhood we call The Squirrel Hunter. This cat is just completely fucking awesome, because the squirrels around here are not easy pickin's.

I think my bill was around $30K or so. Maybe it really was better to be dinged by the green Mojave, eh? That, or I'm just that awesome, because they only kept me a week. :p

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
They said my platelet count was too low..and I could bleed to death if I cut myself..thats why they were still giving me the antivemmon and wanted me to stay

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ahhh.... my blood, eez quite reech. When they take my blood they call for a geologist, "We've struck black gold! Thar's ohl down thar!"

Not even kidding, my blood looks like the ooze alien from The X Files.

Or was that the Ex-files....?

T

troy kush

i like your bud, you should try growing L.a confidential i heard its potency is top notch, im wondering what type of plastic you use?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i like your bud, you should try growing L.a confidential i heard its potency is top notch, im wondering what type of plastic you use?
Thanks Troy! :) Welcome to the Farm!
There are Sooo Many Strains I wanna Grow and Try!! Hopefully I will get to half of them before I die..
(Note to self..Add 100 strains to bucket list)
The plastic for the Light dep? Its just 6 ml Black plastic from Lowes or home depot. But I have to double it up
And I throw a plastic Tarp over that just for extra protection and in case there is a hole.

reeldrag

reeldrag

That's a bad ass kitty rite there. I got nailed by a tree viper in panama they r no where near as toxic as rattlers r I was sick as hell I can't even imagine how much it sucked to b nailed by one of those glad u two r ok u should rename your kitty to lucky

Top Bottom