no nitrogen before taking clones?

• Thread starter straincreation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

hey i ve hears that lacking your moms nitrogen intake will promote root growth and ive found it to work well but is it just me,tell me what u guys think thnx ....one love

Element

Element

Ive personally never heard of promoting deficiencies but i know a small boost of phosphorous to the mom before cloning helps.
element

TexBud

TexBud

I found that letting the "mom(s)" go an extra week or two on the same ferts. after a change (usually changing every 2 weeks). Helps with my cuts. They strike within a week. Some of the harder rooting cuts can take up to 14 days but they do root! Cuts taken with only super thrive or a very mild "bud/flower" fert.
Good luck and better cloning to ya,
TexBud

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I personally don't like taking cuts off a deficient plant, but then again I have never actually experimented with creating an N- prior to taking cuts and comparing that to using cuts from moms I've kept in a + state.

I have found that stuff like alfalfa and willow teas are really helpful, for both the mom and the cuts, pre- and post-cutting.

V

vierundzwanzig

the answer to the thread is
no you do not want to feed nitrogen when you know clones need to be taken.
best bet is to foliar spray with water the intended cuts area. it will cause leaves to yellow quicker using nitrogen leaving branches prime for fast rooting.

the tips about starving a mother plant obviously came from some new jack that doesn't know crap. start with sick cuts and you will have to revitalize them before flowering.

i could write a book on common sense stuff to not do that plenty of farmers promote..

good luck compadre

straincreation

straincreation

the answer to the thread is
no you do not want to feed nitrogen when you know clones need to be taken.
best bet is to foliar spray with water the intended cuts area. it will cause leaves to yellow quicker using nitrogen leaving branches prime for fast rooting.

the tips about starving a mother plant obviously came from some new jack that doesn't know crap. start with sick cuts and you will have to revitalize them before flowering.

i could write a book on common sense stuff to not do that plenty of farmers promote..

good luck compadre
thanks for the info, any info on how long you dont want to feed the moms N before taking the clones

V

vierundzwanzig

i would say after your normal watering before feed.
the foliage spray can be utilized at anytime to remove nitrogen.

listen look learn your plants growth habits and take proper sized clones from the appropriate place on the plant.

imo growing organic can best be accomplished by someone that understands how everything is connected. use your senses and knowledge to understand plant life. don't really/rely need books or anything just use what you were given as an inhabitant of earth.

these are just my opinions on words that i have read
but after reading i have put together a school of thought that is used by many
if you search k i s s keep it simple soldier stoner stupid the last s isn't necessary but gives the orator what he desires.

i stay hi
DSCF20061

Top Bottom