no nutrients

• Thread starter king_kronic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

king_kronic

what are the down falls to growing w/o nutrients...im starting 2 blackjack seeds from nirvand wit both im using fox farms ocean forest soil. 1 im gona use fox farms liquid nutrients with one and just water with the other what can i expect from just water and both are under a 400 watt metal halide bulb

A

Apophis

what are the down falls to growing w/o nutrients...im starting 2 blackjack seeds from nirvand wit both im using fox farms ocean forest soil. 1 im gona use fox farms liquid nutrients with one and just water with the other what can i expect from just water and both are under a 400 watt metal halide bulb

i run a blend of foxfarm, veg 4 weeks and flower for 9, never feed them any nutrient, add beneficials at 1st week veg and 1st week flower

S

Shady Acres

downfalls to growing without nutrients is that your plant won't reach it's potential without food. Would you?

C

CHILKaT

You shouldn't have any problems growing in FFOF without added nutrients, it's a good potting soil loaded with amendments, if you up-pot them before flowering to give them fresh soil and nutrition as well as room for roots. Taking them through grow and bloom in the same container without feeding you would probably deplete the nutrients before the end of the cycle. You may need to add beneficials, as I don't recall if they are in there, but you would want a healthy microherd going as this is what you want feeding your plants.

I grow in my own mix and I never feed, I just water. I start in gallon size and up-pot them to 7 gallon to bloom. I have not had a single nutrient deficient plant since doing this. The only drawback is that my plants are very green up until harvest day, but it doesn't seem like such a bad thing when they look healthy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom