No Odor

• Thread starter MTBKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MTBKush

MTBKush

Yes that is what I am seeing. What a amazing process!
This could very well be what's happening, because it has only affected the last 3 generations of clones.

MTBKush

MTBKush

GT21, I rechecked ph levels this morning, prior to taking action in correcting the problem. Pretty much the same reading on all 5 plants.
One thing I did notice is the ph is more acidic near the center of the root ball.
I applied garden lime, and watered it in. I used about 2.5 tablespoons per pot. Now I shall wait and see.

MTBKush

MTBKush

Sun, I forgot to thank you for your help in diagnosing my problem. It was your prompting that have me the ambition to carry a plant outside to get a pic in real light!

Reactions: sun
MTBKush

MTBKush

Update on the ph and no odor which I should have originally said fragrance.
Something is happening? LOL! My girls are looking a little better, maybe it is wishful thinking.
This morning I removed many yellow leaves, which I feel were affected by the phosphate being locked out. I don't think this is going to have a major impact on my harvest ( holding breath)
I did note that the buds have grown, and after cleaning up the plants this morning I felt some stickiness, and the buds were slightly fragrant.So now I will monitor ph more closely and adjust when needed.

Reactions: sun
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I was always told growing up that after the 7th generation clones lose potency, I thought it was just an old wives tale.

MTBKush

MTBKush

I was always told growing up that after the 7th generation clones lose potency, I thought it was just an old wives
I would like to know for sure. If that is the case then I would say that is what I am seeing with these clones.
I have been growing non stop a few at a time for 3 years.
I was also told that it does not matter, one can continue to clone on and on. Perhaps it depends on how genetically stable the strain is?

MTBKush

MTBKush

Sun, excellent reading, and very helpful.
These (seeds) girls were from a reliable source obtained 3 years ago. I have obtained seed from the same since, newest addition feminized " Lemon Kush". This is a very fragrant vigorus strain. I am glad to know that I will not have to worry about getting new seed to replace my beloved Hindu-Kush, and can perpetuate growing both strains.
I have also decided to resume the practice of blending a product called Oil-dri in my soil. If you are not familiar with this product it is a baked clay product, resembles cat litter, unlike cat litter it retains it's granular form while buffering the soil to a certain extent. I have used this product for many years as a soil base for my bonsai trees. It is a fraction of the cost of pre-mixed bonsai soil, though not a complete soil it needs additives depending on the type of tree.
My new clones and Lemon Kush has about a total of 1/4 of they're soil integrated with Oil-dri.
I have also started using rice hauls, in my soil, they ariate the soil, and a natural source of silica.
Again that artical was very helpful, and puts to rest my fears that taking clones from mother plants is limited to only so many generations. Thanks for sharing, I hope someday to pass this info along to someone else, to increase their knowledge.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Sun, excellent reading, and very helpful.
These (seeds) girls were from a reliable source obtained 3 years ago. I have obtained seed from the same since, newest addition feminized " Lemon Kush". This is a very fragrant vigorus strain. I am glad to know that I will not have to worry about getting new seed to replace my beloved Hindu-Kush, and can perpetuate growing both strains.
I have also decided to resume the practice of blending a product called Oil-dri in my soil. If you are not familiar with this product it is a baked clay product, resembles cat litter, unlike cat litter it retains it's granular form while buffering the soil to a certain extent. I have used this product for many years as a soil base for my bonsai trees. It is a fraction of the cost of pre-mixed bonsai soil, though not a complete soil it needs additives depending on the type of tree.
My new clones and Lemon Kush has about a total of 1/4 of they're soil integrated with Oil-dri.
I have also started using rice hauls, in my soil, they ariate the soil, and a natural source of silica.
Again that artical was very helpful, and puts to rest my fears that taking clones from mother plants is limited to only so many generations. Thanks for sharing, I hope someday to pass this info along to someone else, to increase their knowledge.
I have found that some Kush lines can be real slow in the terpene area. I run some of CSI's Cornbread Bubba which is Triangle Kush x Original Bubba Kush and dont even need my carbon filter until last 2 weeks of flower. But when they start to stink good time for the scrubber. Could be just not far along anough. Try doing a stem rub, Take your fingers, thumb and index and gently rub the stalk up around the higher part of the top and then smell your fingers and you should be able to detect a aroma profile starting to develop. You said there weren't that many trikes yet and that is where the terpene profile/ or aroma come from.

MTBKush

MTBKush

Jumpincactus thanks for the tip. I will give it a try tomorrow when the lights are back on and let you know the results.
I will check for trichs tomorrow also.
I did buy some Humboldts Purple Max snow storm, I was told this increases terpene production. We will see?

MTBKush

MTBKush

Jumpincactus thanks for the tip. I will give it a try tomorrow when the lights are back on and let you know the results.
I will check for trichs tomorrow also.
I did buy some Humboldts Purple Max snow storm, I was told this increases terpene production. We will see?
Hi Jumpincactus! I have trichs! Fragrance is stronger. Over all with what this group of plants have gone through they still look good. They lost many leaves, on top of what they normally would have lost at this time. My projected harvest date is the last week of December, based on bloom cycle of 50 to 60 days give or take.
I am excited to see the flowers appear healthy, many popcorn buds , those I will remove slowly, to allow more bud development at the top.
I attached a photo of a bud, and plants so you all that have helped me can see how they look.

Top Bottom