No Oscillation

• Thread starter chillyb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chillyb

Hey guys & gals! My friend wanted to know something fi possible. Is direct airflow capable of causing some leaves to shrivel/curl up and die? As in, the middle ones only?

He says it's not a temp or ph prob. And since the top & bottom leaves all look healthy, he doesn't believe it's nute burn or a def.

He's wondering if the fans are causing this. It almost looks like "under/over-watering" symptoms, but again: that's under control also. every 2-3 days. dry n between.

R

Rolln J

you can get wind burn if the fan is too close - without pics though I couldn't be sure - the fan should be oscillating and blowing over the tops...

C

chillyb

the fan should be oscillating and blowing over the tops...

yeah. think the prob is no oscillation. main fan is clipped to bottom of shelving, pointed directly straight out at the bulbs, no movement. 2nd smaller one is to the left of 1st, blowing same way. thx j.

M

MediVapeMan

Fans don't have to oscillate. If your fans are aimed to circulate airflow, that should be sufficient. Fans being too close to plants can definitely cause them to dry out, and the edges of the leaves to curl up. Air flow is good, but you don't need a hurricane in your garden. Most people over fertilize AND over fan for sure.

C

chillyb

yah, i think they were over blown a bit. but he's adjusted them since and says lookin much better

G

GroHi

Here's a pic of wind damage... for sure of this.

Overall, it isn't that big of a deal assuming the whole plant or cola isn't being bombarded with high-flow air currents.

This pic was approx 14" from a fan, but only hit a few leaves. Cola/nugs were great. Better to have too much air circ vs too little (mold). Peace.

M

MediVapeMan

Here's a pic of wind damage... for sure of this.

Overall, it isn't that big of a deal assuming the whole plant or cola isn't being bombarded with high-flow air currents.

This pic was approx 14" from a fan, but only hit a few leaves. Cola/nugs were great. Better to have too much air circ vs too little (mold). Peace.

Windburn isn't the worst problem by any means. But it's best to have healthy, pretty looking plants from top to bottom IMO. If RH isn't above 55% you run little risk of mold. No reason to have a bunch of fans blowing hard directly on your plants if you don't have to. I like to hang my fans high on the wall and have them oscillate downwards above the canopy from about 48" away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom