no pest strips and hydroponics

• Thread starter bluegrass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluegrass

Hey guys, I was wondering if keeping a no pest strip near a ebb and flow hydroponic system would be a bad thing? Im worried about the vapors entering my root system, does anyone know if this chemical will kill my plants if it is absorbed by roots? I am only 16 days into flowering and I need to kill these fucks quickly!

OGONLY

OGONLY

NPS do work for mites, but I'd hate to have to use em myself. I have...but hated to have to. I used them for Thrips (they dont work for thrips btw) and got no results in 3 days so took em down.

I did lots of research and the consensus is that the poison used in the NPS is pretty bad for humans. The vapor it puts off makes me kring. Not too strong, but it is nasty in its own way. I always tried to hold my breath when I went into the room with those things.

I would not smoke any herb that I knew was exposed to NPS for more than a day or 2.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Oh, and no it won't kill your roots. Won't affect your plants.

B

bluegrass

thats what Im thinking bud, I dont any other resort because of the situation im in currently. I am going to do a 2 or 3 day two blow shot with these things, I am going to hang them in my room for 2 days, wait 5 days and then hang them in there for another 2-3 days to kill the hatchlings! How does that sound?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Sounds like a decent plan. If it works you are stoked...if not take em down after 5 days.

I have heard of them working on some mites...some mite varieties are stronger than others. Just like herb strains, some can handle heavy nutes others can't.

Might want to try Organicide from your hydro store. My buddy said it worked for him. Supposedly can be used all the way til harvest. Of course his herb tated bad... but it always does cause he always has to spray something... always has mites.

Funny how some people get em all the time and others never get em... wonder if it has anything to do with laziness? LOL In my friends case it sure frickin does.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you should read the packaging on those things

I wouldnt put that shit anywhere near my plants

Z

zombywolf

No Pest strips wont kill your plants-just you, eventually. If it is toxic to wildlife, it is probably toxic to your life as well. It has a chemical poison in it called dichlorvos-possible carcinogen-wanna find out if they are right? Dont use them-a little snap, crackle and pop wont hurt you.

Melvan

Melvan

Do you happen to live where it's winter right now?

You could always put the plants outdoors at night for part of their dark cycle, or out in the cold during the day during their light cycle. As long as you're not going under 40 degrees the girls would be ok. The cold should kill the ones that are living right now, then all you need to do is remove all the leaves that you see larvae. (white specks)

It won't get rid of them, but you could really slow them down and it would give you time to brush the poison on the leaves.

B

Buddy Hemphill

they DO NOT work on mites!!

Yes they do.

I completely erradicated mites with nothing but NPS's.

Is dichlorvos more dangerous than Floramite?...Avid?...Forbid?

I wouldn't put that stuff on a plant that set flowers (ANY of it)...but in veg?...c'mon. Who cares?

There isn't a spot on those plants they can hide from the air. You may or may not get sprays on all the bugs. If you have big plants it gets way harder to insure that you soaked every centimeter of green with the spray.

I have a sealed room. I can smoke it with sulpher and not smell a bit of it in the rest of the house. Pesticides are part of farming anything. You just gotta be smart about applying any of them.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no pest strips do not work on ALL brands of mites

B

bluegrass

worked fucking great. Im positive that anything that was in that room is now dead, eggs and all after 5 nights of exposure. Now off to the races guys!

OGONLY

OGONLY

Let's hope so Bluegrass. My experience is that you are a little early in declaring victory just yet.

I do hope you are off to the races though bro. Glad it seems to have worked for you. Feels great to be bug free!!! Hell yeah!

Latest posts

Top Bottom