No Room For Ac In Grow Room.

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

With the new UC system I built I realized I don't have enough room for my ac in there. It's a 10x5x8 grow tent and unfortunately I eyed the space for everything a little off.

The weather was dropping in the bay but ofcourse we are getting a good hit of Indian summer. For the time being I'm just having the ac run in the garage that the tent is in but that's a lot of space to cool.

Since I can't fit one option seems to be to build a cardboard box about twice to three times the size of the ac unit. Then I could hook my cool box up to a breather vent from the grow room?

The grow room its self has no problem with heat it's just the summer temps screwing up the cooling effect of the exhaust fan. This in turn is causing humidity issues for the last couple days. Only 30% humidity the last few days so it makes it hard with the fan on 24/7.

Think this will work given the situation?

If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears but fitting one in the room is NOT an option.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea a plenum to “(guide) the air “ into the grow space is ideal as you get directed air. I’m on the monterey bay here and it’s been humidity that’s killing me

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Is there a way to extend the wire from the thermostat of the AC unit into your grow space? So it only runs when you need it to?

I’ve never tried anything like that so I’m just spitballing ideas.

S

Shawnery

The problem is that the ac needs to be on before the exhaust fan comes on so the air being pulled in is cooler than what is in there but good idea!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The problem is that the ac needs to be on before the exhaust fan comes on so the air being pulled in is cooler than what is in there but good idea!
You can relay fan with controller, to turn on exhaust fan and feed turn on ac at same time if the ac is stand alone

Latest posts

Top Bottom