No Rooted Clones Yet,why.........

• Thread starter ozman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozman

ozman

Hey all
i was able to clone last summer and years beforebut since fall i havent had a clone strike roots yet and ive run through almost 200 clones.
Ive tried rockwool,rootriots,a bubbler with plain water,no luck all winter,they look great they just sit there and die they use up everything in their leaves and die,no slime,no rot,they just dont get any roots.
My last try Sun was 12 clones,6 in coco coir,3 in rockwool,3 in vermiculite/perlite,plus the 12 in 2 bubblers,
when i cut them they dont wilt or fall over,leaves are always outstretched,stems stay hard not mushy or soft.
the temps stay between 81 and 70 and what ever the humidity is in the tent,i also spray plain water on them twice a day for 3 days.
So now im at a loss as to what to try or do,8 years ago i never failed in rockwool or vermiculite/perlite,
im starting seeds just to get something to grow,i have 5 white widows vegging and 5 ice plants just getting their second set of leaves,and some og kush and pineapple chunk going to throw in and flower and looking at more seeds for upcoming space.if i could just figure out what im doing wrong,
damn the bad luck..........
i have an old motherplant in the flower tent all by herself flowering away.
Any thoughts on what im doing wrong......
im trying to clone lemon og and northern lights and sensi seeds super skunk which ive grown before and loved and always had good luck cloning.
my thought is to start using bleach in my water for my bubblers and when i water the clones.
thanks all
and dont laugh to hard at my misfortune it may be you next................... :)

J

jsv1027

You might try a different rooting hormone. I have had amazing success with dip n' grow. I've used several different brands, and keep going back to dip n' grow

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

X2 on dip n grow. I use it exclusively. Went thru 10 other gelsþliquids/dips. Hands down DnG wins for sure.

I clone in a aero cloner with 99.9% Success Rates.

Tap h2o ph to 6.0
DnG at 20% dilution PLUS an extra .25ml
Let soak for 10 mins minimum
18/6 t8 lights
Cloner runs 24/7
81*
60%rh can't get any higher

No dome needed with aero cloners.

Now that's put of the way. What's your cloner cleaning regiment? I do 24hrs with 1/2 bottle h2o2. Rinse. 24hrs with 1 cap bleach. Rinse. Clean tap ran for 24hrs. Rinse. Let dry. Run more clones.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

You might try a different rooting hormone. I have had amazing success with dip n' grow. I've used several different brands, and keep going back to dip n' grow
That was where i was going

Here ARE tricks to try and you don't have rooting hormone.

Honey
Willow water
Aloe Vera gel inside the leaves

J

jsv1027

That was where i was going

Here ARE tricks to try and you don't have rooting hormone.

Honey
Willow water
Aloe Vera gel inside the leaves
I will have to try a couple of these techniques, on a few babies. Do you use raw local honey? And also, aloe Vera gel straight from plant?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I never spray the clones. Maybe the inside of the dome. You want them to search for moisture, therefore making roots to seek out moisture. When you spray the clones, they don't need to search for moisture, therefore roots a very slow to show.

Dunge

Dunge

Dip n grow (full strength) squirted onto stem then into Rapid Rooter plugs.
On a heat pad.
It's the only way I have ever been able to reliably get roots.
Dome or not doesn't seem to matter.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I will have to try a couple of these techniques, on a few babies. Do you use raw local honey? And also, aloe Vera gel straight from plant?
I don't know what kind of Honey tge guy used. It worked but was slow go rooty.

I would recommend Willow water.

Never saw how well aloe Vera worked.

Here's how to make Willow water.

Cut a new branch but it in 1 inch segmnts put the pieces in Water for 24 hours. After 24 hours remove pieces of Willow snd put the clones in this Willow water to catch a root.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Another vote for dip n grow. I don't spray clones directly, a dome is really helpful for keeping rh up, as long as I keep them domed they seem to stay viable.

I just clone into a cup of coco, though lately been using jiffy pellets. Have been slightly less successful, I think due to not being able to get the pellets as snug against the stem as the loose coco.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Don't spray clones directly after the first few days, mist only the dome if using one. Bubble cloners with tap water work best.

hiboy

hiboy

I was having serious problems cloning in my new veg room I started
The corrections I had to make was
to have the temperature around 72° and below 80 kind a like you have
I made sure my lights were at least 24 inches above the plants and there was only one or 2 fluorescents on
I used r/o water for the cubes and also my botanicare power cloner
If in cubes I would get into a routine gel and also make sure to soak the cubes in 5.5 pH water you could put a dash of A and b but not necessary
If I use the cloner I didn't even use any kind of nutrient just Aro water at 5.5 to 6 ph
Had 100% success rate in the cloner
Hb

iKharon

iKharon

Rapid rooter or Oasis rootcubes.. Olivia's cloning gel.. dome. And done. RH is important with them. I'd aim for 60%.. if they're alone. If sharing a tent.. then I think 45-50% is fine. Also, get them close to the light?

hiboy

hiboy

Rapid rooter or Oasis rootcubes.. Olivia's cloning gel.. dome. And done. RH is important with them. I'd aim for 60%.. if they're alone. If sharing a tent.. then I think 45-50% is fine. Also, get them close to the light?

I have better luck when the light is at least 2 feet away and it's minimal
I learned that the hard way and you want at least 80 or 90% humidity in the dome
I use regular 2 inch RW cubes
Hb

ozman

ozman

hey guys
thanx for all the great tips.
no i dont use a dome ..... never have.
i did get some dip n grow
i got new bulbs in my t5 and raised them aprx 24 inches from the clones
i sterilize my bubblers with dawn hot water rinse in cold and then soak in hot bleach water for 30 minutes
rinse again and let air dry always seemed to work before with no slime problems
i made an aero cloner years ago got to hot and slimmed my clones every time
as far as humidity goes always used ambient humidity without much wilting if any ambient here is 45-50 on average
so im gonna cut more tonite and use coco only and the dip n grow hope these work out
i took 12 last sat night they look ok so far hoping they root in a few more days

my goal is a 2 week pull in a sog with 3 strains on a less then 60 day flower

on a positive note started 5 og kush seeds today yummy yummy

gotta love us seed banks i do,
no customs to go through and no visits from the guys in blue in a hell state waiting to ruin your life as they did in the past.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

Are you using any sort of regular disinfectant in your solution? You'll need to go with a product that either uses chlorine, like Clear Rez, of peroxide like H2O2. You'll need to keep adding it every few days no matter what your water temp is - the higher it is, the more often you should be maintaining it. After it's added, the mechanical agitation, off-gassing and binding with other organic matter will take it effectively out of solution, negating it's effect. That's why it needs to be reintroduced every few days.

You might think, what's the sense of dechlorinating water to mix nutes if you're just going to add it back in - why not just mix nutes with chlorinated water? Because that free chlorine will react with your nutes as you're adding them, binding with them and locking them out before you're even done mixing it. Mixing any of your nutes, or any other additive, assumes that there's nothing in that water that can react with it. After you've added everything in it's proper order, adjusted pH - THEN add in your disinfectant. That way also, that disinfectant has a better chance of staying in solution as it's free ions, and available to kill off any bad bacteria.

Even if you don't see any slime, a thin coating of bacteria will absolutely stop root formation in it's tracks. Until it is corrected, the clones might still take up liquid enough to keep the leaves hydrated, but if it can't push out roots fairly quickly, it will just use up it's energy just staying alive instead of creating roots.

The other question that I didn't see answered unless I missed it - what's your pH? It's worth monitoring and adjusting if you aren't. A fairly wide range will work fine - and I'm sure everyone has their preference - but I shoot for 5.8 and that seems to work out fine.

ozman

ozman

Yea. Im gonna keep using ro water
And add chlorine every 2-3 days
I was talking with a fellow grower yesterday and i think he hit on the biggest reason
I ran out of hormex and thats when i quit getting clones to strike so maybe the dng will reverse that.
Ive always at least used some powder hormone for clones until this winter its sure been a wild ride figuring this out.
I hope i fix it now lol

J

jsv1027

Yea. Im gonna keep using ro water
And add chlorine every 2-3 days
I was talking with a fellow grower yesterday and i think he hit on the biggest reason
I ran out of hormex and thats when i quit getting clones to strike so maybe the dng will reverse that.
Ive always at least used some powder hormone for clones until this winter its sure been a wild ride figuring this out.
I hope i fix it now lol
I am sure that you will be happy with your decision to try dip n grow. It's good stuff!

ozman

ozman

update time
2 weeks ago tonite i took 12 cuts of lemon og northern lights and sensi seeds super skunk
i used coco,vermiculite /perlite,and rockwool.
i lost 1 after a week struggle probably a embolism and i think im gonna lose another one it just aint taking
so that leaves 10 that appear to have taken roots,well i seen the root sticking out of 1 of the coco pots
i figure in about 3 days im gonna through some light nutes on them and start pouring the lights on them
cant wait to get some in flower.
wanting to cut some clones tonite and use my dng.
anyways im doing the happy dance i got clones woohoo oh boy oh boy oh boy ...........

look out sog

Top Bottom