No Sky Of Blue.

• Thread starter Reefer Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reefer Franklin

But I do have a pretty damn big sea of green. It's so big that most of the light is being blocked from reaching the lower parts of the plants.

Picture 4 shows a worm's eye view looking up at the lights.

These are The White 19 days into bud. How many of the fan leaves should I take off and should I just start at the top and work down until the lower buds are getting some light ?

Information much appreciated.

The Reef

No sky of blue
No sky of blue 2
No sky of blue 3
No sky of blue 4
M

Mr. Greenthum

dam bro yeah thats a sea of green. U never should focus on the little buds because u will waste ur time helping the little buds could turn the energy away from ur big buds. If it was me i say u should baby ur bigger buds

O

otto

i grow for the canopy use everything else for edibles. looks real good though!

R

Reefer Franklin

So leave it alone ? I'm not clear on what to do.

Thanks,

The Reef

Camdawg

Camdawg

you can remove lower bud sites. they never fill out. gently pull the fan leaves into the canopy and tuck or tie. you can take a few leaves but there the food storage so i would be hesitant to take to many off. hope that helps

R

Reefer Franklin

Thanks Camdawg,

That makes sense. Will do. Perhaps I can run more reflective mylar down the middle of the grow and get some more light where there ARE gaps in the canopy.

The Reef

S

steelyeyes

It's a toss up. Take the fans and leaves blocking lights from the buds and you are taking a food source but more light makes the buds grow. You can replace some of the missing food through nutrients, one of the beauties of hydro.

Once I started pruning back light blocking leaves I started increasing my yield of bigger buds since they got more light and some of the smaller stuff that would have been schwag is now bigger and nice for the same reason. There is a reason pruned trees and plants produce more fruit and flowers. Same thing with arbored plants. It's all about light getting to where the plant needs it the most.

R

Reefer Franklin

Thanks SteelyEyes,

I realized how difficult it is to gauge how much light is getting through the canopy. In a separate thread I posted tonight I crawled through the grow on my back. (On your back I suppose it can't be called crawling). I took pictures looking up from the floor. I was surprised how much light was getting through.
With decent reflective material and a lot of light (4 x 1000 w) it seems that it doesn't take much to reach the inner grow.

I am going to take off major fan leaves that are blocking serious buds, but I'm leaving the rest.

The Reef

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're going to do sea of green, those girls' legs are FAR too hairy--shave them. Remove all lower bud sites as well, they have very little potential and will take energy the plant could be spending on the upper bud sites. If you don't do this NOW, you're going to end up with a shitload of popcorn and little else.

Remember, bud sites, NOT fan leaves, ALL lower branches should be removed if they're not getting light, too. The way your plants look is more appropriate for vertical bare bulb tree-growing.

R

Reefer Franklin

Hi Seamaiden,

Here's my post from last night when I crawled into the grow and took pictures from the floor. The light IS reaching the lower bud sites. Should I still remove them and the fan leaves ?

Thanks,

The Reef

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Your canopy still looks too thick to me, too many sites that are just going to draw energy away from those with the best potential. Select for those and you won't be disappointed.

Just noticed your location, I'm at 2500', give or take.

Top Bottom