No smell....low smell

• Thread starter germinator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
germinator

germinator

I filled my tent with G.O.D Martian med. and clingon. Bought here on thcbay.... 6 weeks in flower I'm loving the plants perfomance and personality.....plus......I cant believe this lack of odor....I went from kosher kush white widow stink fest to nothing.
The genetics are great,stay tuned for smoke report.
So if ya need no smell low smell this is bout the quietest I've grown.

vaporedout

vaporedout

now you have a good response to those "whats the stain with the least odor" threads got a diary or pics?

germinator

germinator

Like a lot of people, I tend to equate a strong odor- not necessarily stinky or bad, just strong- with a quality product. When my produce doesn't smell, it doesn't sell, and it tends not to be very good.
Im a hobbiest no selling just playing...I do concur with you on stink.That said,
These are hard n gooey...We know the profile will develop on cureing......sometimes it takes time to tempt out the flavor and aroma. Ill look forward to the adventure.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

That clingon has a lot of brown pistils for being 26 days out.

germinator

germinator

That clingon has a lot of brown pistils for being 26 days out.
True that .... My first time running it.....pistils still 90% standing upright, Ill be scoping her daily as soon as they roll in. I like 73 days.
How do you like your clingon done,sir?

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Im a hobbiest no selling just playing...I do concur with you on stink.That said,
These are hard n gooey...We know the profile will develop on cureing......sometimes it takes time to tempt out the flavor and aroma. Ill look forward to the adventure.

I believe that. I am new to growing, but I been harvesting and I was worried as my plants wern't smelling much and I like the smell of weed, so I was concerned. but I have stuff curing right now and I have harvested 3 plants in the last month and I noticed that the ones that have been curing the longest(just a few weeks) smell really nice and taste great. I didn't realize how much of a difference curing makes to your herb. But they smell better now than when they were in flower. The taste and the smoke is way better too. Im sure everyone already knows this but I am just now learning it. I have read about it ,but as for my own experience.

germinator

germinator

Well....I can give this update.
The flowers of both strains finished a tiny bit louder...when processed both were heavy with kushy oils clingon was even gritty...and while more odorous not real stinky till later in cure, like today...wow....I burped them and the profile is coming on strong. Of course I tried them both early and loved them so far. I know the best is still to come 60 days min cure.....

germinator

germinator

Close out.....the Martian medicine pheno is ending up heavy kushy fuely buds dense and sticky it's the larger flowers, where as Clingon turned out fruity cheesy and funky not as gooey but distinct....both flavor profiles just keeps greeting better. I have cloned the medicine for more fun...

F

FruitOfTheLabor

a dry trim helps keep ur smell up . a wet trim releases a healing agent that the plant secretes wen u rip off fan leaves.. a sap kinda thing.. then u end up with bud that smels like hay.. I tell everyone I know that grows .. wait atleast 7 days before trimming. I wait until there branches are abuot to snap... If u don't believe me.. then try it urself. 1 plant dry trim 1 wet trim. dry then cure.. tell me which smells and tastes better.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

basicly.. if ur bud stinks very nice while flowering.. and then after u trim an dry and watnot it doesn't have that smell anymore.. u dried to fast.. dependin on the drying environment.. is going to depend on how u dry ur plants.. but honestly. ive tested this on MULTIPLE STRAINS AND HARVESTS and did a blind taste smell appearance test.. and every single person chose the ones that were stripped of all fan leaves before tossing the room into 24-48 hours of dark before harvesting with the DRY trim.. no1 believed that the dry trim vs wet trim same strains were the SAME STRAINS ..

Dynamite

Dynamite

basicly.. if ur bud stinks very nice while flowering.. and then after u trim an dry and watnot it doesn't have that smell anymore.. u dried to fast.. dependin on the drying environment.. is going to depend on how u dry ur plants.. but honestly. ive tested this on MULTIPLE STRAINS AND HARVESTS and did a blind taste smell appearance test.. and every single person chose the ones that were stripped of all fan leaves before tossing the room into 24-48 hours of dark before harvesting with the DRY trim.. no1 believed that the dry trim vs wet trim same strains were the SAME STRAINS ..

slowing down the drying time of your wet trimmed bud will DRASTICALLY effect your end product for the better , most wet trimmed bud likes to dry faster then dry trimmed (less plant mass = faster dry time ),causing chlorophyll to get locked in which then seems to take forever in a cure to leach back out ..

so many variables to this game , correct you are that overall there is a notable jump in flavor and aroma from dry trimming ,but properly dried and cured wet trimmed vs dry trimmed , the difference is there , but not how you make it sound

take your wet trimmed herb and make sure the room is cool and the correct RH and give it 2 or 3 days longer to dry then your dry trimmed herb ,after a 2week cure , you will then see the difference is arguable

F

FruitOfTheLabor

LOL well wen u think about how a plant reacts while its still alive to having leaves plucked off or a branch cut off u know that smell im talking about lol.. iunno I think the wet trim even if slowly dried locks in more chlorophyll then a slowly dried and then trimmed..

. ive done the test.. like 5 harvests in a row.. and people will still vote for the dry trimmed.. this last time tho.. I did what u said. wet trim and also a 2 week cure.. and the Dry trim with 24 hours in a jar. and votes came back all dry trimmed buds.. and I do the vote by giving out 2 bags 1 with a red label 1 with a blue label.. and ask them to smoke them with a break in between .. and not to smoke it as ur first of the day either.. to get results I could actually use.. but again im not here to start arguments or bicker back and forth.. ive been trying different ways for 7 years since I started this gig.. and the last 5 harvests were actually done in a way that it wasn't just my opinion .. so I figured id let people know and they can judge for themselves.

take it or leave it .. im enjoying the results of this side by side .. and will never look back..

the difference is big enough for people to comment on it after I tell them the difference and ask them if they would prefer 1 or the other.. and its always the same answer.

hey if its not broke don't fix it.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ive followed up on about 3-4 other similar threads and to me the best evolved curing process is controlling the temp humidity and air exchange and no light for atleast two weeks after cutdown i start cutting down big fan leaves atleast a week before harvest at that point there are only blingy leaves left until final trim then immediatly to the jar where light temp and humidity control are continued ... Hope that helps peace

spacebomb

spacebomb

Yes cindy 99:-) it really is a marvelous thing cured herbs eh!. 99% of folk dont grow eh.so they dont know. caus as soon as a person that sells their wares only trim + dry it.no cure at all. well baught street crap is usually just wet anyway. they are to greedy+ narrow minded to even cure THEIR OWN WEED MOSF FOLK I KNOW. .haha but i know like yourself that a nice cure is AMAZING,eh. :-). i like 8,weeks AT LEAST, i like my gdp plant cured 4,months.its just so diferent when its long cured + that thc molecule ,turns, like around.its hard to explain but r.c clarke breaks the science of it down amazing.should check that if ur curing.also just putting ur crop in glass masons does not mean ur ,curing it eh,! oh yea!your ,AGING IT, but not curing it eh.lol r.c clarke breaks the sciend e down for even i understand it:-)haha. yeah ,curing, actually takes quiet a lot of the right conditions etc its not really hard.but its not sticking it in jars + burping every day eh!. anyway sos to ramble just what i know.my o2:-).
space
I believe that. I am new to growing, but I been harvesting and I was worried as my plants wern't smelling much and I like the smell of weed, so I was concerned. but I have stuff curing right now and I have harvested 3 plants in the last month and I noticed that the ones that have been curing the longest(just a few weeks) smell really nice and taste great. I didn't realize how much of a difference curing makes to your herb. But they smell better now than when they were in flower. The taste and the smoke is way better too. Im sure everyone already knows this but I am just now learning it. I have read about it ,but as for my own experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom