No Till Compost Options

• Thread starter RedWoods
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RedWoods

Not all of us wanting to start no till are seasoned gardeners, so for those of us that dont have nice compost going, what are some bagged options? High quality compost only

Malibu compost

Oly fish compost

Vermicompost/castings(any good brands to look for?)

As for chicken manure, goat manure, bat/seabird guano. Would I use those at a smaller rate than typical compost?(much smaller rate?)

Homesteader

Homesteader

You could check out Vermont Compost Company or Coast of Maine if you are on the East but with the name RedWoods I assume you aren't.

R

RedWoods

I just love redwoods, im in AZ :( no much for local products out here, the only close grow shop closed down.

R

RedWoods

The vermont compost company seems pretty good, I like that they use different herb in their compost.

Organikz

Organikz

The vermont compost company seems pretty good, I like that they use different herb in their compost.
Oly is going to bring a lot of forest floor soil critters like Rove beetles and wood louse. Malibu is more a biodynamic meaning it's a lot of composted weeds. I like the choppers. They help kick start the decomposition.

Freshone

Freshone

You can order anything you need online,try buildasoil.com or kisorganics.com,whoever is closer to cut down on shipping.I was in northern AZ this weekend and thought to myself why no growstores?Their like donut shops where I live.

K

kansabis

Grow stores or gardening stores? If you have any local or semi local gardening stores I would check to see what they have on hand.

Organikz

Organikz

Grow stores or gardening stores? If you have any local or semi local gardening stores I would check to see what they have on hand.
True...i found some local super compost that is the bomb...you touch it and you can scrub for hours...your hands get stained black. Fuck it...poke ur pinky into the bag and pull it out...if you wipe your finger and it's still black...buy it.

R

RedWoods

So you are saying rovers and wood lous are good? Do you know if isopods/pillbugs are good to have? I always thought they were beneficial but than ive read somewhere that they aren't good.....

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I just love redwoods, im in AZ :( no much for local products out here, the only close grow shop closed down.

Look on here it may be helpful. Try to look for places that sell to home gardeners and farmers, not necessarily “growers”. You definitely have something local, it’s just a matter of finding it. Also look on Craigslist. I just did a quick search in a few of the different areas in AZ and was able to find compost easily.

R

RedWoods

I don't only look for grow shops, and craigslist I only found one good compost out tucson(quite far) and tanks green stuff. The garden stores and nurseries don't have much for basic organic amendments. I search craigslist all the time, only place I could find decent soil.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Botanicare country.. Stay away from the grow shops you'll end up with vanilla buttermilk plastic toothpaste flavored weed.

Hit up Western Organics in Phx. They supply Lowe's/Homodepot with Gro-well, you can get premium mixes/amendments straight from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom