No till earth box max uses

• Thread starter Natep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Natep

I just started my fifth grow in my city picker pot” Similar to earth box”. I’m having an issue with my soil being to wet constantly. I believe the worms have developed to many castings in my pot? Do you believe it is time to start new soil? The soil is build a soil take and bake. I’ve added IMO 2 lab aloe fpj chicken scratch. I’m amend with craft blend and worm castings.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

I just started my fifth grow in my city picker pot” Similar to earth box”. I’m having an issue with my soil being to wet constantly. I believe the worms have developed to many castings in my pot? Do you believe it is time to start new soil? The soil is build a soil take and bake. I’ve added IMO 2 lab aloe fpj chicken scratch. I’m amend with craft blend and worm castings.
I just looked at your pic’s nice plant I like the box as well. I have no experience with an earth box but I like to make my own medium mix. You could always probably take some out and lightly mix in some perlite and regular peat moss or just put a nice layer of peat on top to help. Just a suggestion

IMG 8221
N

Natep

In my large tent I used 1 part peat moss 1 part pumice 1/2 part worm castings 1/2 part mushroom compost. 1 cup per gallon basalt 1cup per gallon bio char. The small tent has build a soils take and bake. It is a similar recipe. It has work so flawless till now.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

In my large tent I used 1 part peat moss 1 part pumice 1/2 part worm castings 1/2 part mushroom compost. 1 cup per gallon basalt 1cup per gallon bio char. The small tent has build a soils take and bake. It is a similar recipe. It has work so flawless till now.
I’m just saying try to cut it a bit or top it with something light and airy and or some new organic materials for the worms like peat, saw dust, wood chips or mulch. And just kinda rough it up with your fingers. I mix my old stuff in with my compost to keep the cycle of life going

N

Natep

I’m just saying try to cut it a bit or top it with something light and airy and or some new organic materials for the worms like peat, saw dust, wood chips or mulch. And just kinda rough it up with your fingers. I mix my old stuff in with my compost to keep the cycle of life going
I added some peat pumice and some craft blend. Let’s see what happens

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

No aeration like pumice or perlite or crushed oyster shells???✌️

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Probably time to get it out of the box and reamend it now that it’s mostly worm poo. I think the pumice and rice hulls are recommended so they don’t break down like perlite. I have the pickers too, only about 11 gals of soil, it should be pretty easy to fix.

N

Natep

Probably time to get it out of the box and reamend it now that it’s mostly worm poo. I think the pumice and rice hulls are recommended so they don’t break down like perlite. I have the pickers too, only about 11 gals of soil, it should be pretty easy to fix.
That’s what I’m thinking. I am going to make my own soil this time. Similar to what is in my 4x4 bed

N

Natep

I finally got fed up with this grow and cut it down. I replace the city picker pot with two 15 gallon grass roots pots. I payed two inches of rock in the bottom and sand added my silt and clay layer 4” thick and 8” thick of top soil. I mixed my soil using 1 part peat moss 1 part compost 1 part pumice. I used about 6 lbs of craft blend and 5 pounds of basalt. They finally got place left in there final home yesterday.

25AEC4AC 10F6 4CA8 9C93 A02BE08D7D0F
Top Bottom