No trichome development??

• Thread starter old.Ford
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
old.Ford

old.Ford

Well first HELLO, been away a while busy, busy, busy . Glad to see the site is doing so well. I am currently having a problem that I have never seen before. My plants are in the second to third week of flower and they have developed NO and I mean not even a small amount of trichome production from a batch of seed that were prolific in that regard. The plants look good are healthy and have no other problems. Have you ever heard of this happening. Now the only thing that I have done to them was took two cuttings to clone and sealed the cut by dipping in some cloning goo but that shouldn't cause this, or what do you think. Could seed age be the cause? Thanks, old.Ford

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

I have some strains that take a while to frost up. Week 4 or 5 will probably bring some happiness to you.

P

paulycali

Poor genetics if you ask me. I have had this happen. Grew plenty of buds but zero smell and almost no trichomes. For your sake i hope its not the genetics and in no time you will have trichome production. With the genetics i have i always see trichomes as soon as i see bud sites. Good luck and i hope for the best :)

P

paulycali

Fair play! what strains you using?

Couple Og varieties. Some Sour Grapes. Blackberry Kush and some XJ-13. Can't seem to toss the XJ-13. I haven't dialed her in yet and want to see her finest flowers before deciding on tossing her out or keeping her. She's a finicky one for sure but only time will tell

Chobble

Chobble

Poor genetics if you ask me. I have had this happen. Grew plenty of buds but zero smell and almost no trichomes. For your sake i hope its not the genetics and in no time you will have trichome production. With the genetics i have i always see trichomes as soon as i see bud sites. Good luck and i hope for the best :)

I completely agree with pauly, hold out for a few weeks it may just be a long flowering variety or the trichome production could just be stunted for some reason. Give us more information on your lighting? RH? Soil or hydro? If so ec ph fluctuation?

Chobble

the rrock

the rrock

yeah the sour grapes is a top notch trichome machine,doesnt yield great but it sure gets white

P

paulycali

yeah the sour grapes is a top notch trichome machine,doesnt yield great but it sure gets white

One of my faves for sure. Golf ball sized nugs everywhere. Top to bottom. My favorite thing about this cut is that there is literally zero trimming needed. Just pluck the fan leaves off and your golden. I get great yields as well. She's an average yielder imo and will be staying around for a quite a while :)

K

kolah

....i just packed a nice bowl of cabbage. lol.

yeah I am easily amused...wtf.

shit like this happens... living up in the woods, with lots of conversations with yourself. (often feel like Tom Hanks stranded on the island movie)

But back to the original poster.....wait and watch. But yeah stressing the plant (topping, super-cropping, pruning etc) can often slow down all phases of growth. Hell man, as long as they look good... enjoy the show.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

hahahahaha. all im sayin is i grew some AK back when i just started, flowerin under t5's and shit. but i had one that flowered and flowered and flowered and NEVER produced trichomes. i didnt know better, a buddy came over and straight laughed at me at first then proceded to teach me a thing or two. it was all fuckkin haggard lookin cause it was at like week 9 and i had full intentions of still taking it until i saw the good nugs i thought ak was.

italian? vinegarette? yes please.

cabbage.

squiggly

squiggly

Trichome deficient phenotypes are common across most plant species. This is about as common in some species' as say it would be to have red hair as a human--my guess is that the percentage is much lower for cannabis, but still far from zero.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Trichome deficient phenotypes are common across most plant species. This is about as common in some species' as say it would be to have red hair as a human--my guess is that the percentage is much lower for cannabis, but still far from zero.

you just double wammied me.... i have no soul, if you smell what im steppin in. LOL

Top Bottom