no visable trichomes

• Thread starter TREEFARMER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TREEFARMER

I know of some white widow at 6 1/2 weeks flowering that does not have any visible (with the eye) trichomes. I got no dusting. They are huge at about 2 1/2 inches in diameter but really don't have alot of smell. Is this normal for WW?

Thanks

T

Towelie

That doesn't sound too normal to me that far into flower, can you post some pictures?

R

Rolln J

That doesn't sound too normal to me that far into flower, can you post some pictures?

white widow isnt very stinky but it does produce profuse crystals pretty early in... I have a few shots of a recent grow...

first ones are at day 35 all the way to dry

note: first and only grow of WW and these were the OU cuts from Blue Sky - theres just so much better weed out there!

Ww d35
Ww d35 closeup
Ww cola d42
Ww fan d42
Ww d60 close3
Ww done2
Ww done3
Ww done
Ww dry close
T

Towelie

^ Bingo. This far into flowering you should def. see some trichs. Can you get us some pics of the plants? Also what is your setup, nute schedule etc.

T

TREEFARMER

I am a little sketch about posting pics.

3 foot by 5 foot by 6 foot high

first time hydro grow.
2 400 w hid
1 90 w led
1 100 w CFL

BC technaflora nutes
CO2
495 cfm in and out
temps around 83 day and 68 at night

Growing blue cheese, cheesus,ak47, WW, Armageddon and LSD

all else doing fine except lsd, lots and lots of very little popcorn buds. I guess its okay just not normal. smells great.

WW has 6 big colas around 2 diameter and 4-5 inches long. seed came from De .sajamaan.

All help appreciated

D

Denny Crane

I've never grown out WW, but the strain I'm growing out now (On my 3rd round with it) won't win any prizes for trich production or display, but DAMMIT MAN, it's devastatingly good dope.

If the strain normally crystals out a lot, then doesn't, I'd SAY something aint quite right.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Are these from seed? , if they were and came from Europe that could explain a lot.....
ive seen plants gown in just Sand only they still make some kinda trichs..
may be recessive genes showing up .. , ?

T

TREEFARMER

They are starting to come in now, 8 weeks but still very light.

Thanks for the comments.

M

MediVapeMan

did you get the clones/seeds from somebody you don't know? probably got bag seed sold as ww.

L

l33t

Well growing White Widow and having plants with little/no trichs don't go together...

or unfortunately can go together if you don't grow the real deal..like in this case.

WW is one of the most frosty strains out there , the original WW is from Shantibaba who bred this strain in the 90s (specifically '94 if my memory serves me right) in Holland from Brazilian and Indian genetics. Nowadays he sells it under the name Black Widow as too many companies stole the name and sell fake WW for real..confusing growers and making a buck from others hard work..and worst thing they claim to have the real deal..tragic.. but thats how things work in an unregulated business.

So I recommend to anyone to try the real original Widow from Mr.Nice Seedbank / Shantibaba who still holds the original parents since the 90s and I 'm sure you 'll experience first hand how frosty cannabis can really get

If you want to judge a strain properly always get the real deal and from authorized seed vendors..

Anyway good luck with the rest of your grow and hope lesson learned..Always do your research before you buy seed and make sure the companies you buy seed from are legitimate and honest.

Top Bottom