Nobody seems to know what this is. Please HELP!!

• Thread starter DopeDean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

U got a lupe u can look through? Get a close up look at leaf and see if you got any pests.

Moshmen

Moshmen

What makes you say cal overload and not deficiency?
Overload is probably the wrong verbiage, but to much calcium can lock out magnesium and vice versa - so technically is a deficiency but caused by not being able to use it - sorry not a very good splainer. Definitely a cal mag problem though. Just a matter of what caused it

DopeDean

DopeDean

Ph and nitrogen both can affect cal take up - what ph you feed at
How many ppm? If the mineral content is to high doesn’t matter if it’s top notch or not
Usually feed at around 6.0 runoff stays a pretty consistent 6.6-6.8. I don’t have the means to measure ppm but will definitely be acquiring a new meter.

DopeDean

DopeDean

U got a lupe u can look through? Get a close up look at leaf and see if you got any pests.
No lupe but i doubt it is pests. I have never had a problem with them and the airflow is pretty heavy and temps pretty low too. But i am looking close every day.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Usually feed at around 6.0 runoff stays a pretty consistent 6.6-6.8. I don’t have the means to measure ppm but will definitely be acquiring a new meter.
Huh mayb just a finicky plant ? Lol
Sounds like ya got everything under control - there are more experienced growers here some one will chime i.

DopeDean

DopeDean

Huh mayb just a finicky plant ? Lol
Sounds like ya got everything under control - there are more experienced growers here some one will chime i.
Thanks for all your help i am going to try feeding at a higher ph and if that doesnt work i am going to introduce some cal/mag

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks for all your help i am going to try feeding at a higher ph and if that doesnt work i am going to introduce some cal/mag
Sounds like a good start your ph looks good though I would be curious what ppm run was -older leaves won’t recover judge your success by new growth

Moshmen

Moshmen

Is 320 W a lot for one plant?
Seems like it but really can depend on footprint height etc. I have a cheap lux meter I use to adjust height and intensity - when it is cooler outside I run my light at a higher intensity further away from the canopy I get better/deeper penetration - hope I said that right

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

Do you use ph up ? You should be watering around 6.5 ish in soil . If you are not raising your ph before ya water then there’s your problem

I don't grow in soil except outside. Inside I was in hydro for a long time now im switching to coco.

Depending on nutes I have to add ph down usually to get around 6.0. Using clonex my PH is 6.8. Ive had some climb to 7.7, it all depends on the nutes.

If I use my RO water i can produce around 60 gal in a day in my storage barrel and the PH is 4.7. Wait a week and the PH climbs to 5.5. I always have to add cal mag as well to my well water even growing in dirt not just my RO water.

Depending on nutes I use sometimes I just add Epsom Salt.

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

Is 320 W a lot for one plant?

Depends on the plant size and what kind of light and the distance from the plant. A lot of variables come into play.

I've had 1000 Watters over just one plant and I've had 1000 watter bare bulbs hang down on a light mover between a stadium grow covering over 300 plants.

I'm using LED now. Some of em I've built my own using 320 watt drivers on cob leds and others using bridglux EB strips. Get those Cobs close like a foot and its gonna bleach the crap out of em. The strips you can run em real close.
I also have several of the HLG 650's that are super bright. Wouldnt suggest any closer than 24 inches unless you have CO2.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I don't grow in soil except outside. Inside I was in hydro for a long time now im switching to coco.

Depending on nutes I have to add ph down usually to get around 6.0. Using clonex my PH is 6.8. Ive had some climb to 7.7, it all depends on the nutes.

If I use my RO water i can produce around 60 gal in a day in my storage barrel and the PH is 4.7. Wait a week and the PH climbs to 5.5. I always have to add cal mag as well to my well water even growing in dirt not just my RO water.

Depending on nutes I use sometimes I just add Epsom Salt.
Sorry I missed that ! That’s a big difference I’m not a co co grower but I hear ph should be around 5.8-6.4 for coco ? How many times you watering again? Pretty sure you should b feeding every time

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

Sorry I missed that ! That’s a big difference I’m not a co co grower but I hear ph should be around 5.8-6.4 for coco ? How many times you watering again? Pretty sure you should b feeding every time

Depends on pot size and plant size. In my 1 gal fabric pots I'm gonna feed around 6-10x per day in flower. On my mothers in their pots 1x a day maybe every other day. When it gets cold here they eat less of course. Right now im in the process of setting up my flower room and cloning. Got around 200 clones trying to root now.

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

Yes in coco thats the correct PH range in hydro its less. In my bloom rdwc I would run 5.5 a lot in my veg system I would run 5.8-6.0 sometimes a little higher.

You will start to see defianceies in different PH ranges. I used auto dosiers and just turn a knob to adjust ph levels.

And in coco yes you feed everytime. When flushing you flush with nute water. You will strip off the coco of the calcium. Of course the last couple weeks of flower is different. Just enough for plants to eat up some salts and maybe put some molasses in the water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom