Nodes, Question :)

• Thread starter CanadianKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadianKush

CanadianKush

I FIMmed my ladies when they were between 4-5 nodes. Not only am I noticing new growth in the upper nodes but the bottom nodes are growing out and flourishing. What will the new growth on the bottom nodes turn into? A new branch with a cola? Or just some leaves? I FIMmed so I would have 2-4 tops to work with doing lst, so just wondering what will come of this new growth out of the lower nodes. Any help is appreciated :)

str8smokn

str8smokn

What strain is she? And yes as she gets bigger just tie them down to open her up for more light.
STR8

H

happy b

Because you pinched out the tops the lower branches have come into play.let them grow and once(if) they catch up with the tops you can start training them or just leave them.try not to let them get higher than the top shoots.

CanadianKush

CanadianKush

Not quite sure. They were bag seeds from the same bud, smoke was decent, just clearly not grown well as per the volume of seeds. I germed these to force myself to make a grow box, now that I have one, I've ordered some thc bomb fem seeds.

sixstring

sixstring

if you just keep fimming or topping the tallest branches you will end up with a nice even canopy,but you will need alot of light to develope all the colas.but i think your plant is a bit on the small side yet for topping.i usually wait untill they have 8 or 10 sets of branches(nodes) and go from there :)
Topped st free

Junk

Junk

So I can just bend em over once they grow out, like the other tops?

This is pretty much what you want to do. Follow this exactly

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/main-line-topping-best-method.60224/

If I might make a suggestion...just top, instead of fim. Unless you are able to do it & get 4 tops (I still have yet to get 4...always 3). Ending up with 3 tops instead of 2 or 4 makes it a little less even or predictable.

If you are able to get 4 every time, please show me where you cut it.

The other thing is for max yield, potency, & light usage, you want to lst the daylights out of it. Do your first top, then train those to grow way out towards the sides. That will leave you enough room to continue topping till you end up with 16, & everything will be evenly spaced, even canopy...it's very efficient. LST is what separates the men from the boys (or women/girls, as the case may be).

I don't depend much on side branches for production. They will produce, but not like your tops will once you flip & they hit the stretch. If you want to maximize the plant, you want as many growing tops as possible. Side branches, I keep anything that is the right height, & looks like it will produce (It's strong growth). Otherwise, I get rid of it.

Check that thread. Do as Clockworkz says & you are halfway there.

CanadianKush

CanadianKush

This is a stealth grow . I was told to FIM between 3-5 nodes to keep them small and bushy. I want them as low as possible but strong enough to hold the bud.

CanadianKush

CanadianKush

Sufficient light is no issue. I plant to LST the fuck out of them... We shall see where it takes us :) thanks for the responses. I just wanna keep my self in free med.

Junk

Junk

This is a stealth grow . I was told to FIM between 3-5 nodes to keep them small and bushy. I want them as low as possible but strong enough to hold the bud.

I'm going to replace fim with top. Because I haven't found it reliable to create 4 tops (which is probably my error).

But it will stay as low as you train it to be. Top & pull those two new mains outwards. Repeat & you have 4 tops, repeat again for 8, repeat again for 16. 16 tops, plus any strong side branches & you will do well. If you want it to support all of it's own weight, I would scrog it. Even if it's just with a plastic garden net.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

This is how i felt about my first run. I wanted the bushy plants. Fim or top, lst. Super crop. All good training methods imo. I fimmed once and got 4 lol. Luckayyy! @Junk

Just remember, i think someone was already sayin, you need enough light at each node to grow nice sized buds. What are you using in your diy box? If its cfls id like to suggest checking out @tobh 's hidden cfl box grows.

Thenug 3MG6ladaaA

I like to share this image with anyone learning to fim or top. It really helped me nail my first 4 top fim. Be sure to ask away any questions you got and remember to prepare for a "stretch period" when growin bud. Soon as you flip that plant will sometimes double in size. Especially if its sati dominant. Hope this helped in some way or another. Positive grow vibes.
Gguy

Junk

Junk

This is how i felt about my first run. I wanted the bushy plants. Fim or top, lst. Super crop. All good training methods imo. I fimmed once and got 4 lol. Luckayyy! @Junk

Just remember, i think someone was already sayin, you need enough light at each node to grow nice sized buds. What are you using in your diy box? If its cfls id like to suggest checking out @tobh 's hidden cfl box grows.

View attachment 543265

I like to share this image with anyone learning to fim or top. It really helped me nail my first 4 top fim. Be sure to ask away any questions you got and remember to prepare for a "stretch period" when growin bud. Soon as you flip that plant will sometimes double in size. Especially if its sati dominant. Hope this helped in some way or another. Positive grow vibes.
Gguy

I've consulted that pic dozens of times...I have still yet to achieve 4 tops from it. Always 3. If anyone with experience can tell me what I'm probably doing wrong that I get 3 instead of 4, I'm all ears. I'd love to be able to double the amount of tops I can get per cut.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I've consulted that pic dozens of times...I have still yet to achieve 4 tops from it. Always 3. If anyone with experience can tell me what I'm probably doing wrong that I get 3 instead of 4, I'm all ears. I'd love to be able to double the amount of tops I can get per cut.
lol. Well, get it right! Haha...naa jkjk. Is for fun.

Junk

Junk

lol. Well, get it right! Haha...naa jkjk. Is for fun.
I know right.

I think the next time I'm doing it, I'm going to create a thread & post before & after photos to see if people can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

But I've probably tried it 30-40 times, most of those times being serious attempts to get it right. I have yet to get 4....not one single time. Always 2 or 3. Aside from being confident I can eyeball it within range, I've tried using a level to make sure I'm cutting straight. Same problem.

To be truthful, the last 3 rounds I have not been topping. Almost every cut has been an attempted fim.

I know that once I get it, I will probably never forget it. But for whatever reason, I'm not able to get 4. I may be incorrect, but I am assuming that someone with as much general gardening experience as I have (with vegetables, fruit trees etc), if I'm having a hard time with it, I'm assuming other people aren't picking it up on their first go either.

sixstring

sixstring

this is what i always do on seeds and clones,it can be a lil sketchy on clones but i figure it out lol.
dont laugh at my quickie sketch,or do i dont care haha,by cutting the top off and the lower set im working with the mid section of the plant and those branches equal out real quick,it must be a hormone thing but on seeds its crazy how even they look 2 weeks after those cuts.you could flower that plant a few days after and have 8 awesome colas.i prefer 30 to 40 colas so i veg another 8 plus weeks from here.fimming early triggers a whole dif set of hormonal actions gl
Topping 001

Latest posts

Top Bottom