Noisy Led's???

• Thread starter Danolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Danolo

I'm still looking at different lights for my box and I came across the following specification for an LED light.

Decible Value: 61

That's more than some of the fans! What's making all that noise?

Thanks

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Fans are just part of LED life bro. If you go with a 3 watt LED they seem to be a little quieter because 3 Watts run cooler and need less Cooling. But that also depends on the wattage of your unit.

Itsnotmine

Itsnotmine

I have a 1200w 3w led and it makes half the noise of my 600w

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
My passive cooling cree led grow light with pin heat sinks is super quiet....

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I have a 1200w 3w led and it makes half the noise of my 600w
My passive cooling cree led grow light with pin heat sinks is super quiet....
Fans get dirty and also we're out
If the blades are covered with dirt it will be out of balance and make noise. Also there's just the straight up quality aspect of it. It's pretty easy to swap it out with a high quality fan. But on the all 3 watt LEDs run cooler and require less fan

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Fans get dirty and also we're out
If the blades are covered with dirt it will be out of balance and make noise. Also there's just the straight up quality aspect of it. It's pretty easy to swap it out with a high quality fan. But on the all 3 watt LEDs run cooler and require less fan
Take it apart and take a real good look at it sometimes hair will get wrapped around the shaft where you can barely see it

blazeup420

blazeup420

Take it apart and take a real good look at it sometimes hair will get wrapped around the shaft where you can barely see it

Didn't know that I have pets so there's probably some already in mine. Will inspect when possible.. cheers

Top Bottom