Nomads Landing 2013 Season

• Thread starter bottlekap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bottlekap

bottlekap

ok so its that time of year...digging beds...converting our 6 big beds (5x24) into 18 individual planter boxes(4x4) to allow better root growth and discourage plants from growing into each other...finishing up mods to the little greenhouse (mother room)...at the same time rigging up an electrical system to run supplemental lighting to keep the full season ladies out of flower...were getting an early start on the season to allow us to have the crop in the ground april 15...hence the necessary supplemental lighting...popped seeds for the cover crops and the vegetable garden...transplanted the orchard into 5 gal pots...got cuts rooting...and im stoked on this years roster:

sour diesel
og kush (2 differant cuts)
cheesequake (exodus cheese x querkle)
uk cheese
blackberry kush ( [blackberry x white rhino] x bubba)
maui
sour tsunami (high cbd) (double diesel x ferrari) x sour diesel
blue dream (dj short blueberry f5 x santa cruz haze)
bubba o x romulan ak
american crippler (jolly rancher x og)
purps
grand daddy purple
ogre (master x bubba)
cherry ak47 (1 in 100 ak47 pheno)
sour cream (sour diesel x g13 haze)
true kind (unknown humboldt genetics...kush lineage)

we sprung the sour cream and true kind beans 2/15...the rest are cuts taken the same day...were still waiting on the arrival of 2 sensi star beans and a bubba kush cut...also the supersoil ingredients should be here any day...got a great deal on solar panals so in our downtime were piecing together the rest of the solar system...i should have pictures up in a day or two when the internet decides to cooperate...ahhh livin off the grid...sooooo...untill next time...remember this time
bottlekap

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nice! You doing organic soil? We got ourselves on solar the year before last and I love it.

bottlekap

bottlekap

Nice! You doing organic soil? We got ourselves on solar the year before last and I love it.

yea were doing organic soil...this is the fourth year for this soil so were expecting great things...the first year we started with 1/3 sand 2/3 native soil mix (not optimal)...so the next year we removed the top 1/3 and replaced it with compost from the forest surrounding mt shasta...this year were amending with an organic super soil mix...ill post the recipe were using as soon as the ingredients come in and get mixed

bottlekap

bottlekap

another week in the books...finished digging and building the beds (7 of em) on the north side of the greenhouse...
built the beds (5 of em) and began digging the south side...
got our sensi star beans germinating (one already
popped)...80% of the clones rooted...still waiting to grab the bubba cut...got our tin sheds which will store the
stoves for the heating system...started on the electrical system which will control the supplemental lighting,
exhaust, and heating systems

bottlekap

bottlekap

BedsOutlineRooted mauiMothersTin shedEhaustElec

Big Hempin

Big Hempin

Now that is something special to grow in.... So much space for growing... at least 20 timez the size of my grow room... Can I smoke with you?

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Dude im down to blaze also! Thats an awesome greenhouse bro, killing it! Big upZ all day

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bottlekap, this is my third year building up our clay soil, and this year is looking really good. If you don't already, start using cover crops and green manures, especially during winter to keep that soil biology alive. Mustards break up heavy clay, allowing the roots of other plants to more easily penetrate.

Also, you might want to try your hand at biochar, add that to the soil. I'm going for 1" on top of everything, including raised beds.

http://www.slideshare.net/mik1999/c...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

^^ This place isn't just a farm, it's an orphanage and school. There's a guy on another forum who lives on a remote island, so remote it's a World Heritage site, and he sent an adopted girl to this place. They FREAKED when I shared the link asking if this was how they do their biochar on his island. I just did some last week, huge learning experience, gotta get more rice hulls & shavings.

bottlekap

bottlekap

thanks for the props everyone...were all really proud of what we do out here...Seamaiden...thats a lot of great info u just dropped...dealing with clay soil is no easy endeavor...we have a few kinds of mustard that grow wild out here...great source of calcium..for some reason we opted for no mustard in the cover crops...we have a bunch of other great seeds that are scheduled to get broadcast in the ganja beds after harvest...flax, buckwheat, cereal rye, orchard grass, red winter wheat, hykon rose clovers, millet, amaranth to name a few...we love biochar ...we stay out in a juniper knoll and have the opportunity to make our own...great source of phosphorus...love it...ok back to the greenhouse

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thanks for the props everyone...were all really proud of what we do out here...Seamaiden...thats a lot of great info u just dropped...dealing with clay soil is no easy endeavor...we have a few kinds of mustard that grow wild out here...great source of calcium..for some reason we opted for no mustard in the cover crops...we have a bunch of other great seeds that are scheduled to get broadcast in the ganja beds after harvest...flax, buckwheat, cereal rye, orchard grass, red winter wheat, hykon rose clovers, millet, amaranth to name a few...we love biochar ...we stay out in a juniper knoll and have the opportunity to make our own...great source of phosphorus...love it...ok back to the greenhouse
WOW, what a cover crop/green manure line-up, I love it. I have never heard of hykon rose clover, MUST look that one up!

A lot of people want to leave out the mustards because they don't form a symbiotic relationship with mycorrhizae, as I understand it at least. I say more is better, and they do great out here year-round, and if they're pulling up whatever Ca is in the 'soil' then even better!

This is gonna be fun, I can feel it.

Mogrow

Mogrow

love them grow boxes bottlekap, dirt looks good in them too.
you running alot of juice for being off grid, generators???
is that cedar or redwood for the greenhouse studs? you leave up the roof and walls all summer??
love your setup, i see piles of dankness in your future.
peace mogrow

bottlekap

bottlekap

love them grow boxes bottlekap, dirt looks good in them too.
you running alot of juice for being off grid, generators???
is that cedar or redwood for the greenhouse studs? you leave up the roof and walls all summer??
love your setup, i see piles of dankness in your future.
peace mogrow

we just got a screaming deal on solar panels...bout 80 cents a watt...were piecing together the rest of the system as the funds become available...until then we do run generators...were installing timers on most of the new electronics to minimize the generators load and still let us do what we need...gets pricey tho...ten bux a dayish....cedar framing on the boxes and studs for the greenhouse...we had planned on removable roof this season but it looks like its gonna wait till next year...oh well...got a sack of bubba trim calling my name so...until next time...remember this time

bottlekap

bottlekap

amendments came in this week...woo hoo...
Nutes1
soft rock phosphte
fishbone meal
alfalfa meal
greensand
blood meal
micro hume
micronized azomite
kelp meal
soluble kmag
soybean meal
hi P and hi N seabird guano
earthworm castings
epsom salt
Nutes 2
this will be supplemented as needed with earth juice liquid nutes
so this weeks fun has been measuring and adding the amendments...we ran into a potential issue...the beds we built
seem like they may be too short...
Amended1 Amended2
about a foot above the path level...so we decided to add another row of 2x4s on each bed to accommodate the nutrients and the prevent spilling when we double dig...the crop looks great so far...
Ull season1

no signs of deficiencies or any other issues...all our clones rooted (except the american crippler...grrr) all our
popped beans are doing great...
Seeds
we did eperience somewhat of a genetic anomaly...one of our sensi star beans popped two...TWO!!!! plants...
Sense22 Sense21
has anyone heard of this happening before...none of us had and we were wondering if there was any cause for concern...did some more work on the wiring and electrical system
Elec
...got the tin shed assembled...
Tin shed
lots to do...Grateful for the nice weather...makes it easier to get shit done

Nutes 2
Rooted
Amended1
bottlekap

bottlekap

happy st paddys day...been busy out here at the Landing...double digging the amendments into the soil and hydrating...
Waterin
doing the same in the vegetable garden and the orchard...
OrchardTrees
still building planter boxes...4 left...
Ghsouth loGhnorth hiGhsouth hiGh south
due to the time frame we intend on keeping we will need to add a compost buffer on top of the beds as the soil wil still be too hot by april 15 when we transplant...the ladies are getting big...about 18 inches already...
Full seasson 2Full season1
we couldnt procure the bubba as we had hoped...oh well theres always next season...the cover crops are flourishing...
Covercrop
we moved them outside today to make room in the middle section of the greenhouse for planter building...its still cold out here at night so an agrabond cover will be necessary for a few weeks...
had to build a woodshed this week...
Shed1Shed2
still managed to find time to spin some hash...not too shabby
Bubba 100 Bubba 100ui

Bubba73 Bubba 73ui

Cole trail 100 Cole Train 100ui

Ct73 Cole Train 73ui

Elec
Veg starts1
Veg1
Veg2
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bizzy bizzy bizzy! Lookin' like great progress is being made! Thanks much for staying on the updates (I am bad for that, m'self), too. :)

Mogrow

Mogrow

looks like it's all coming together BK. you're putting the time in, it gonna pay off.
nice looking beds and planters, see you raised your planters , what another foot or six inches.
great looking plot man, fill that puppy in.
what's the dogs name?, he looks vicious:eek:.
peace mogrow

Nomads Landing

Nomads Landing

SeaMaiden: Thanks we have a project plan that we attempt to adhere too, which keeps us all really busy. lol... And Bk has been real good about making sure we all stop get the photos and updates, then he jams off to a friends house bout 7 miles away to upload the shots.
Mogrow: Thanks brother, this will be the 4th season in the greenhouse, and whew.... it's been a long journey. Yeah we had to raise the beds just another 3.5" totaling 14" to accommodate for the ferts and the fluffiness from double digging. The center beds are 2x8's giving us 15" above ground and anywhere from 18 - 24" below, then it's all lava tube from there. The dog is Captain Nemo. He is a heeler pit mix. And actually he is really wild but definately not vicious unless your talking about hmmm... rabbits..
Big Hempin: Thanks for the props. Thanks for checkin us out.

bottlekap

bottlekap

ahhhhh...severe computer meltdown... spence ^^^ thanks for posting in my absence...update in a few days....go team Nomad!

Top Bottom