Non tested Beans

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I was wondering if others feel like I do about non tested beans being put up for sale. Are we being offered a killer change at some rare beans, or are we asked to be suckers to line up and pay for the chance to test these beans for the gods.
I mean I might be old school but I think a breeder should see and play with his girls before selling their wares. Suerte JK

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I will second that.
And very wellp put.
That is why I will only order a couple breeder's gear.

L

livinglegend

i didn't know seedbanks would even sell beans if they wern't tested.

J

Jalisco Kid

MF using that line of thinking is like saying good looking parents will have good looking kids.True somewhat, but not enough info there to buy something. JK

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

plenty of seed venders sell there wares with lil to no testing...some only doing "germ" tests an selling there wares.....i'm not sure how much expensive they could get from what they are....i see plenty of hardly tested beans going for 100+$....imo a breeder should have done the work before hyping there line so there aint no wait for proper testing to be done as it's already done before the line is even put out....peace az

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
i feel like its just da market is kinda crazy seedy seed biz ivee came to understand threw my net exp many breeders go for the in demand stuff n look for a quick buck

but i most def think there r positives to the non tested stuff bein put out

life is a gamble but we have the option to buy soo its your decision

C

Cibin

It is fault of us buyers... If there is no demand there will be no supply of non-tested gear. But obviously lot of us just dont care and keep buying it.

excuse my english, i hope you got my point..

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

If there is no demand there will be no supply of non-tested gear
i think it has less to do with this point as it has way more to do with the fact that most cats buying up the genes arnt aware of such low testing rates...i would put money on that if a breeder labled how much testing was done to their gear before its release to the public....we'd see alot less breeders selling there wares for more then 50-75$....peace az

C

Cibin

i think it has less to do with this point as it has way more to do with the fact that most cats buying up the genes arnt aware of such low testing rates...i would put money on that if a breeder labled how much testing was done to their gear before its release to the public....we'd see alot less breeders selling there wares for more then 50-75$....peace az

I do search for information before buying things (tv, car, dog food, seeds). I mean people should know what and why are they buying. Whether such an info should be on "product label" i do not know... definitely it is not impossible to find information on almost all seeds / strains.

I for myself do not care about plant uniformity in size or flowering times, but what do i hate are hermies. Breeding with hermie-prone genetics is a crime imo :icon_dizzy:

S

Sirius

perhaps a stability rating system would come in handy when testing.... or two... one for uniformity and another for hermaphrodite tendency... just a thought... it really annoys me though, when i raise a dozen girls to find out I have six different phenos and only two of them are worth keeping.... the initial cost is nothing compared to 3-4 months of labor...

S

smoke1sun

This is a good topic, I mean beans are becoming to expensive. Ive heard the good investment bit, make your money back 10 fold bit, and the security risk bit. Well im not in it for the money, and if i had to buy weed, i would not smoke unless it was offered to me. And lastly alot of us growers take security risk when we grow your beans also. Now there's established breeders who did the work put in the time, and concentrate on perfecting a few solid strains.

Alot of "breeders" now charge those who pay for there first cross, then each step to improve the strain they charge the same price as the first cross.

Dont get me wrong I believe theres a place for this kind of practice in the auction and in the community, but not at the 80 dollars + they charge.

Look at billlyboat, He came out with his orient express, a strain that was used in a proven cross,and it was only $50, all popped and all uniformed.

But I must admit these "breeders" are not to blame, its they buyers. And the hype that follows the new, im the only one to have it ,flavor of the week seekers.

Ok Im done ranting. Cant knock anybody about makin their money, or spendin their money. lolol

R

ReelBusy1

IMHO:
If the cross was truly new and unique and was of interest to me I wouldn't mind buying said beans under certain conditions:
IF:
the beans were labeled as TESTERS or BETA or something like that for buyer awareness and information regarding a purchasing choice.
AND
If they were priced accordingly to fully tested strains in the marketplace ex. probably around $20-$30 bux a pack for 10-15 seeds.

Honesty about product and price would make me interested.
:damnhippie:

R

ReelBusy1

I would probably be willing to pay up to $40 for untested beans, depending on lineage, the experience of the seller, Photos of parents, whether the parents had been used in a tested cross, germ tests would be a plus. Would obviously like to see some sent in for testers, but there are never enough spots for testing, so selling a few packs at budget prices, lets anyone enthusiastic enough about the seeds give them a go, potentially at half or less of the price of the seeds, months later if they test well. So depending on whats out there it could be a decent idea.

it's like buying a stock early.
You get in on the ground floor and you make money.
Come to the party late and you pay to play.

It would be nice to be able to brag that the seeds everyone is paying $100 bux a pack for you got a year before everyone and got them for much less....

of course like many stocks you could pick a dog too but at least you would get something for it hopefully....

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

IMHO:
If the cross was truly new and unique and was of interest to me I wouldn't mind buying said beans under certain conditions:
IF:
the beans were labeled as TESTERS or BETA or something like that for buyer awareness and information regarding a purchasing choice.
AND
If they were priced accordingly to fully tested strains in the marketplace ex. probably around $20-$30 bux a pack for 10-15 seeds.

Honesty about product and price would make me interested.
:damnhippie:

extremely well put RB.....my thoughts exactly. I have ideological problems with ppl selling untested seeds, but there must be some sort of "positive aspect" for us buyers

Latest posts

Top Bottom