Noob best nutes for hydro

• Thread starter Kingvega
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kingvega

Kingvega

I'm going to be running an rdwc an was wondering what you guys found to be the best/easiest/cost effective nutrs thanks everybody

Terpz719

Terpz719

I'm using Megacrop for the first time with RO and coco. I had to supplement with CalMg - just something for you to keep in mind.

Kingvega

Kingvega

I'm using Megacrop for the first time with RO and coco. I had to supplement with CalMg - just something for you to keep in mind.
I was was wondering if I would need that or not, according to greenleaf you dont but that's exactly why I love real people's experiences over words on a bottle, thank you

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
What is the silica for

Its primary purpose is to provide strength to the trunk and branches. It helps the plants stand up / hold up under the its own weight. I have also read (not vendor specific research documents) that it helps create and add strength to the the capillary tubes (i don't know their botanical name) that carry water from the roots to the rest of the plant. 🍻

Happy Growing!!

Kingvega

Kingvega

Its primary purpose is to provide strength to the trunk and branches. It helps the plants stand up / hold up under the its own weight. I have also read (not vendor specific research documents) that it helps create and add strength to the the capillary tubes (i don't know their botanical name) that carry water from the roots to the rest of the plant. 🍻

Happy Growing!!
I definitely will be getting some of that then thank you very much

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I definitely will be getting some of that then thank you very much

While you are making purchases... do yourself a huge favor and add Botnicare's Hydroguard to your list. it will help keep down the bad bugs that can attack you root system. aka root rot. I also suggest a product called +LIFE | Hydroponic ResearchHydroponic Research It is an enzyme based product that introduces good bugs to eat the bad bugs and the cast off debris from your roots as they grow and breakdown. It is kind of expensive and only available from the mfg but a little goes a LONG way. I have had the smallest jar for over two years.

You can check my current or past grows (see my signature) to check on the status of my roots, etc. during current and previous grows. 🍻 🥂

Kingvega

Kingvega

If no chiller, I agree. An equally effective alternative is Southern Ag Biological Garden Friendly Fungicide. Same bacterial species, but much more concentrated, like 10^4 X.
I have no chilled didnt plan on getting one, is there an easy way to lower my reservoir temp, it will be outside of the tent

Skeptik

Skeptik

I have no chilled didnt plan on getting one, is there an easy way to lower my reservoir temp, it will be outside of the tent

You can put frozen bottle(s) of water in your res, but that takes a daily effort. Using the Southern Ag bennies would probably be easier, and more effective over the long term. Apply according to ru knuts's instructions above and you should be fine.

ru knuts

ru knuts

I don't have a chiller either. I just buried 32' of 1/2" tubing it my water well pit. I'm attempting to make a (for lack of a better term) a redneck chiller. I may have spent $40 on a wasted experiment on hose and a RV water pump. Time will tell, I'm close to testing it. As you can see the temp of the pit looks promising anyway.

IMG 20200306 113211563
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

What is your average rez temp? Much above 70Fa (especially w/o enzymes) and you are going to be in for a fight with RR. there are lots of DIY methods you can try, generally the further above 70 you are; the more likely DIY will fail and you will come closer to needing a chiller. I gave up early as i live where my ambient room temp in summer is in the 80's with the AC running.

Chillers are a good investment if you plan on growing long term. 🥂 🍻

Icetech

Icetech

Jacks 3-2-1.. cheapest around and works great and no need to add more stuff from start to finish (other than cal and mag as normal..) One tip.. use much less than they say at least til the plants are huge..

Kingvega

Kingvega

What is your average rez temp? Much above 70Fa (especially w/o enzymes) and you are going to be in for a fight with RR. there are lots of DIY methods you can try, generally the further above 70 you are; the more likely DIY will fail and you will come closer to needing a chiller. I gave up early as i live where my ambient room temp in summer is in the 80's with the AC running.

Chillers are a good investment if you plan on growing long term. 🥂 🍻
My ambient room temp is around 70 I have not put the water in yet just trying to get all my ducks in a row

Top Bottom