Noob here, need tips on DWC

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

Hey guys, greetings from Ireland. Im about to start a grow and have decided on DWC. Iv only grown once before, in soil, and it didnt go very well.

Iv been researching DWC and I have a few short questions:

1. How often should I change the nutrient solution/water with DWC?

2. How do you change the water, is there a special way to drain and refill it without disturbing the plant?

3. How often should I check the PH, and how do you do it without disturbing the plant?

Further details:

Il be growing 6 Dutch Passion Power Plants under 600w HPS, do you think id get 10-12 ounces on my first hydro grow?

Also, and I know this is a whole other topic, but would I be ok using 12/12 throughout the entire grow? Il do 18/6 if I have to, its just that in Ireland electricity is expensive.

Thanks for reading guys, hope I can find some answers!

irishboiii

irishboiii

Oh I almost forgot, what till the maintenance be like? Il be growing the 6 plants in 6 individual buckets. Will this be a crazy amount of work and require checking on them every few mins?

sky high

sky high

Welcome to the Farm

There are tons of DWC grows detailed here. Take note and emulate what someone else has done in a similar space with similar lighting/experience and you will be on your way. There are far too many parameters involved for anyone to simply tell you >how< to do it without a working knowledge of your space/etc. Trial and error is a huge part of the entire game, as are expenses. Read as much as you can! It is a well-worn path but few guys are gonna hold your hand to walk down it.

best of luck

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

12/12 yields better with sativa dominant plants. Another power saving option is to run a cfl for an hour in the middle of the dark period.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thanks guys, just watched a video on youtube by a guy called HygaHybrid or something. Its a 16 part video and each one is 40+ mins long. Iv only watched part one so far and its VERY informative. He explains EVERYTHING step by step

He grew 1 plant DWC style with a 600w HPS and got a huge amount, and states many times that he gets 500g-600g off one plant this way.

He uses SCROG nets and judgeing by the amount of bud, he tops it multiple times.

Iv decided to do the same, just concentrate on 1 plant and hope for 10-12 ounces. Obviously il have to start with 2-3 plants as iv never topped a plant before, and will probably mess up one or two plants.

Thanks for the replies guys, if you have any other tips/advice that would be great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom