Noob Lollypopping Advise

• Thread starter druc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pass2TheLeft

It works better indoors double harvesting lol much much much better and the colas are not any bigger from lollypopping thats bs bro if you want bigger colas get a bigger light and grow bigger plants the bottoms are not ready weed is ready when the tris change indoors we can keep harvesting for upto 8 weeks if you dont lollypop yr plant
DOUBLE + TRIPLE HARVEST.

Most marijuana plants take at least five months to reach maturity. Once the plant has reached maturity, it is forming its most potent marijuana, and should not be cut down completely. You can often induce the females to flower a second (and sometimes a third) time, especially if the plants are indoors or if the weather is expected to stay mild for several more weeks.

To encourage a second bloom, first take the bulk of the harvest: all but the smallest buds, and most of the leaf. Some green leaves should be left on the plant to maintain the plant's growth. After harvesting, give the plants a thorough watering, and water with a soluble, complete fertiliser that provides a good supply of both N and P. This will encourage new growth and continued flowering.

Indoors.

The best procedure is to treat the plants like a hedge. Cut all the plants back to equal heights, about two to three feet tall. Remove most of the grass, but again leave a few green leaves on the plant. Don't remove lower branches even if they are leafless, since these will sprout again. Lower the light system to the tops of the plants, and maintain the daily cycle at about 12 hours. The second crop of buds will be ready for harvest in four to eight weeks. With this system, the plants appear like dense hedges of buds. If the second crop of buds forms quickly, you should try for a third crop. Continue to fertilise the plants regularly, and watch for signs of magnesium deficiencies, which often show up when the plants have been growing for an extended time.

Double and triple harvests are one of the benefits of indoor growing. Although plants are relatively small indoors, the original harvest of buds can be triples in the next four months.
If u lollypop bro after the 1st cut theres nothing left to bud which lowers your yield massively

Enforcer

Enforcer

DOUBLE + TRIPLE HARVEST.

Most marijuana plants take at least five months to reach maturity. Once the plant has reached maturity, it is forming its most potent marijuana, and should not be cut down completely. You can often induce the females to flower a second (and sometimes a third) time, especially if the plants are indoors or if the weather is expected to stay mild for several more weeks.

To encourage a second bloom, first take the bulk of the harvest: all but the smallest buds, and most of the leaf. Some green leaves should be left on the plant to maintain the plant's growth. After harvesting, give the plants a thorough watering, and water with a soluble, complete fertiliser that provides a good supply of both N and P. This will encourage new growth and continued flowering.

Indoors.

The best procedure is to treat the plants like a hedge. Cut all the plants back to equal heights, about two to three feet tall. Remove most of the grass, but again leave a few green leaves on the plant. Don't remove lower branches even if they are leafless, since these will sprout again. Lower the light system to the tops of the plants, and maintain the daily cycle at about 12 hours. The second crop of buds will be ready for harvest in four to eight weeks. With this system, the plants appear like dense hedges of buds. If the second crop of buds forms quickly, you should try for a third crop. Continue to fertilise the plants regularly, and watch for signs of magnesium deficiencies, which often show up when the plants have been growing for an extended time.

Double and triple harvests are one of the benefits of indoor growing. Although plants are relatively small indoors, the original harvest of buds can be triples in the next four months.
If u lollypop bro after the 1st cut theres nothing left to bud which lowers your yield massively
I’m not saying that won’t work. I do think it’s a shit ton more effort for not much more weight. I’m assuming you understand the second harvest will not be the same quality as the first. Plus, that is not feasible if you’re like me and dry in your flower tent. Also, if you run a veg and flower area, you don’t need to wait another 4-8 weeks to pull seconds off an already harvested plant. You can just harvest the next run of tops.

I’m interested to see what your talking about though. Please post up some picks of your multiple harvested plants so we can see it in action.

P

Pass2TheLeft

I’m not saying that won’t work. I do think it’s a shit ton more effort for not much more weight. I’m assuming you understand the second harvest will not be the same quality as the first. Plus, that is not feasible if you’re like me and dry in your flower tent. Also, if you run a veg and flower area, you don’t need to wait another 4-8 weeks to pull seconds off an already harvested plant. You can just harvest the next run of tops.

I’m interested to see what your talking about though. Please post up some picks of your multiple harvested plants so we can see it in action.
Yes i will im 5 weeks from 1st harvest and no all the buds are good the bottoms go mint if you do a gd job its much less effort its not hard to cut buds off that are ready lol much better than cutting off buds that are not ready remember plants dont reach maturity until there 5 or 6 mths old bro

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Dbl harvesting, you are really going to box your room out and get a MINIMUM one crop less a year? NEXT.

P

Pass2TheLeft

Dbl harvesting, you are really going to box your room out and get a MINIMUM one crop less a year? NEXT.[/QUOTEyield goes up because you not veging as many times just plucking ripe flowers lol i dont go 3 harvests i do 2 that seems to work best for me as i finish ill have plants ready to replace them for flowering and repeat

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yes i will im 5 weeks from 1st harvest and no all the buds are good the bottoms go mint if you do a gd job its much less effort its not hard to cut buds off that are ready lol much better than cutting off buds that are not ready remember plants dont reach maturity until there 5 or 6 mths old bro
So you haven’t done this yet? Ok, from experience, I would recommend you not state opinion as fact. I’m not sure where you cut and pasted your last post from, but try not to take everything you read as gospel. I have argued points before, then done it myself and realized it’s not what I was lead to believe, and had to eat crow. BTW, crow is good with BBQ sauce. My point is do it first, then you can educate from a point of observation and experience and not from hearsay.

In my experience, when growing indoors, lollipopping cannabis plants results in bigger and better quality top colas, with very little if any underdeveloped larfy buds. I have also never had a mildew or mold issue. And as you can see from the picture they are crammed in there pretty good.

But don’t take my word for it. Try it yourself.

Last edited:
RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Wha wha what? Why would I want to miss at least one cycle? You say because I’m not I’m at a loss for words.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Wha wha what? Why would I want to miss at least one cycle? You say because I’m not I’m at a loss for words.
Misclicked. You say my yield is going to go up because “I’m not vegging as many times”. That is how I’m going to get more flowers? OMG :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Each method has its merit. Lollypopping works with tighter density plants. Mostly indica , it’s almost desirable to lollypopping. Sativa is a stretchy plant and one can get away not stripping the lowers. Most hybrids , I find they do better “trimmed”. . As far as yield , well many factors besides just defoliation of lower halves, nutrient , lights , temp/humidity and growing method.
In our commercial grow, we usually take lower crap off as it’s just suckers taking away from the top. We have quantity to deal with and we rather have fat buds.
We have tried both methods, we find the lollypopping method to be safest , in terms of late mold/fungal issues, air flow is better .
Now I’ve heard folks not touch the lowers but that’s usually always for full season out door , we do a hybrid method, indoor in greenhouse, which is like growing indoor but using natural lights and we mimic indoor conditions, and light dep to get a perpetual harvest.
I agree full season outdoor grows, one doesn’t need to do much defoliation, but indoor, it’s almost a must.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Misclicked. You say my yield is going to go up because “I’m not vegging as many times”. That is how I’m going to get more flowers? OMG :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I think I understand his logic (even if it is flawed). By pulling a second or even third harvest off the same plant, the yield for that plant will go up.

However, I would argue that over several harvests, you would pull more weight from a single lollipopped plant and then replaced with a pre vegged lollipopped plant, rinse and repeat. Than you would pull from harvesting one plant in stages.

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Return cropping or second hand harvest, the thc ability is nearly halved, we have labs and we test and have tested nearly all methods. Seconds are a waste of time. In the same time it would take, I rather clone and get next batch going to maintain the “high”. Seconds are better if you want higher cbd, because that’s what you get in greater % . So unless you have your weed tested, and I have mine. It’s useless to do seconds.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

I think I understand his logic (even if it is flawed). By pulling a second or even third harvest off the same plant, the yield for that plant will go up.

However, I would argue that over several harvests, you would pull more weight from a single lollipopped plant and then replaced with a pre vegged lollipopped plant, rinse and repeat. Than you would pull from harvesting one plant in stages.
Exactly, the whole point it to put out more harvests. I’m just curious how Druc the OP is doing and this guy is arguing about “dbl harvesting” nonsense again. He is pushing this on other posts. I just ignored it because it is ridiculous. I do agree with @Jack og about doing this in an outdoor application however.

druc

druc

Exactly, the whole point it to put out more harvests. I’m just curious how Druc the OP is doing and this guy is arguing about “dbl harvesting” nonsense again. He is pushing this on other posts. I just ignored it because it is ridiculous. I do agree with @Jack og about doing this in an outdoor application however.
Wow lots going on here after i've gotten back on here. So a little update after trimming the lower 3rd portions of my plants.

The one in soil turned hermaphrodite almost one day after maybe caused by stress of some sort but I'm not sure. The one in coco is under close observation as i believe i found one small early banana and simply removed it with tweezers and haven't seen anymore developing after few days.

I'm usually very good on checking and observing their growth and condition but may have missed early signs. Being my first run, I'm like an over protective parent I'm always checking up. Needless to say due to my limited space i have quarantined the one in soil and removed it outside to finish.

Any ideas going forward?

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

DOUBLE HARVEST, TRIPLE NIPPLE HARVEST MAAAAAAAN.
Sorry pass2the.. your growing like it’s 1997 by the sounds of it, and that’s fine.. but it’s like your trying not to understand. You can steer the plants energy to the AAAA tops and main buds that are actually getting good light. (Times have change and the tiny shit at the bottom isn’t worth growing IMO) not only is it not a waste of time to lolli, it makes the plant blast off with vigor after.. it saves time on trimming and effing around with DOUBLE, TRIPLE, QUADBLASTEDUPLE harvest. Instead, your plant can just be harvested.. all at once.. give it a try and you won’t go back. (Indoor at least)
Why pick off flowers that are not ready??

Godswrath

Godswrath

Return cropping or second hand harvest, the thc ability is nearly halved, we have labs and we test and have tested nearly all methods. Seconds are a waste of time. In the same time it would take, I rather clone and get next batch going to maintain the “high”. Seconds are better if you want higher cbd, because that’s what you get in greater % . So unless you have your weed tested, and I have mine. It’s useless to do seconds.

Is it frowned upon to bump an old thread? lol Sorry, if so...

Wanted to see if you could share the actual THC percentages. Interested to know if it was like a 25% 1st vs 20% 2nd or if it's more like 25% first 12% 2nd, etc. Thanks.

Another question for you or anybody else joining in: Don't weed plants cannibalize their leaves for nutrients when necessary? Doesn't that fact contradict the theory behind lollipopping? I'm not advocating this is true, but rather inquiring about it.

CF89

CF89

I’m in the same boat. What exactly is a second?

I did just what he said. Flowered a plant. Chopped it all except for 3-4 buds. And tossed er back in with the seedlings back on veg schedule. 4 months later they’re pumping out some nice looking buds (for the second time) for something that was just a chopped up stick in the dirt and about to get tossed out.

0D2B609C 3CA3 415B 9111 3A6F3F1FE853
41FCDC3F B5A4 4A72 AAF3 7A29E2F7BFEE
3BC923AD 3B3B 4BCB A37B 7C61BFDA071C
C3BB910B 1673 4C89 A1D8 F8E8FDC1A3C1

Latest posts

Top Bottom