noob question about lighting

• Thread starter roger666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

roger666

Im using a square room, 18 by 18 feet. Im using it for bloom stage, hydroponics system w nutrient tank, pumps, etc.

How many plants can i comfortably fit in and how many watts will i need?

Thanks! XD

>i expect them to grow quite large since they are in clay pebbles, i got a good irrigation system. i dont want them crammed!! i think they'll get more light and grow healthier if they have room

sedate

sedate

This is such a broad question there really isn't a single right answer on how to do it.

Dozens and dozens of variables.

If you need to ask a question like this - maybe starting with a 300ish sqft room isn't the best idea . . .

I mean - you're talking 240V source @ 60ish amps, power distribution, 10 - 12 1000w lamps and ballasts, A/C, chillers, massive carbon filters - nevermind growing medium and fertilizer.

Like at least $7 - 10k to do a room that large . . . and I mean at least . .

E

Element4NorCal

Good Information

To set up a 4k watt grow with only basic type extras (co2 tank without co2 controller, no water chiller, no a/c unit, no dehumidifier) you are looking at about $6,000-$10,000

High quality Light bulbs, ballasts, Hoods/reflectors will cost about $3,500

Trays, reservoirs, pots, medium, nutrients, additives, Insecticide, fungicide, Inline Fans, carbon filters will cost at least another $3500

20lb co2 tank with regulator $400 plus $25 refill every few days with that size room

i would recommend a much smaller space to learn in and then expand as your skills increase.

J-Frost a.k.a. Reason

This is such a broad question there really isn't a single right answer on how to do it.

Dozens and dozens of variables.

If you need to ask a question like this - maybe starting with a 300ish sqft room isn't the best idea . . .

I mean - you're talking 240V source @ 60ish amps, power distribution, 10 - 12 1000w lamps and ballasts, A/C, chillers, massive carbon filters - nevermind growing medium and fertilizer.

Like at least $7 - 10k to do a room that large . . . and I mean at least . .

W

weedfarm

an 18x18 room is no joke. I ran two rooms that were around 20x20. Those rooms were designed from the ground up, electric, lights, air cooled hoods, Co2, tables, plumbing etc.

I already knew the hydro system, method of growing (SOG, trees, etc), media, etc.

SOG you could fit around 1000 plants in E&F tables, no veg

E&F buckets, 50-100 buckets

12-15kw in lighting regardless

BTW each room cost me around 17k JUST at the hydro store. that didnt include a/c, dehumidifier, ducting for the lights, or construction costs

If asking how many plants you can fit in a 18x18 room, you may not be ready for that size of the grow.

an 18x18 room can make you alot of money but it can also break you very quickly

Top Bottom