noob,totally lost

• Thread starter danmurph12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
danmurph12345

danmurph12345

Hey everyone,
im a new grower as in ive only ever grown a beard.I have a 2.2x2.2x5ft tent.Mars TS 1000,4 inch extractor and 6 inch fan.Im growing RQS Royal Gorilla auto.lights are 20/4
My questions are,do all my fans need to be going 24/7,if so can i just use extractor fan and oscillating fan until smells come,i have a scrubber.3 flaps are open in tent and oscillating fan is on for bout 12 hrs a day.plant is 12 days old.Im growing in Bio Bizz light.I havent hooked up extractor fan yet.
Any advice on growing greatly appreciated,so much info out there i dont know what to do.I live in Ireland so crazy hightemps not an issue.
Cheers in advance

THCMonster

THCMonster

More air flow the better! If the smell doesnt bother you then you dont need to worry until flower!

Its still good to remove some of the air from the tent from time to time because you want to refresh the air, but you will get better results if you keep the fans going inside 24/7 because then the pots will dry out quicker!

What are your Temps and Humidity looking like inside the room?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Hey everyone,
im a new grower as in ive only ever grown a beard.I have a 2.2x2.2x5ft tent.Mars TS 1000,4 inch extractor and 6 inch fan.Im growing RQS Royal Gorilla auto.lights are 20/4
My questions are,do all my fans need to be going 24/7,if so can i just use extractor fan and oscillating fan until smells come,i have a scrubber.3 flaps are open in tent and oscillating fan is on for bout 12 hrs a day.plant is 12 days old.Im growing in Bio Bizz light.I havent hooked up extractor fan yet.
Any advice on growing greatly appreciated,so much info out there i dont know what to do.I live in Ireland so crazy hightemps not an issue.
Cheers in advance

Soooooooo.. How does it feel the be the only native English speaking country in the eu? Lol.

Yah I'd run the extraction fan so humidity doesn't build up in the tent.

danmurph12345

danmurph12345

Soooooooo.. How does it feel the be the only native English speaking country in the eu? Lol.

Yah I'd run the extraction fan so humidity doesn't build up in the tent.
Our native tongue is Gaelic but we do all speak english!!! Thanks for the reply so have the extraction and oscillating fan on the go 24/7 until the end is the advice that ill take.cheers

Last edited:
danmurph12345

danmurph12345

More air flow the better! If the smell doesnt bother you then you dont need to worry until flower!

Its still good to remove some of the air from the tent from time to time because you want to refresh the air, but you will get better results if you keep the fans going inside 24/7 because then the pots will dry out quicker!

What are your Temps and Humidity looking like inside the room?
cheers mate,RH seems to be between 45 and 60 usually and temps hover between 68 and 78 f or 20 -27 c.little bit cooler at night.what i really want to know is,do i leave all vents closed and run both extractor fan and oscillating fan 24/7 and feed when needed.And think you just answered that.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Yea close them and run them, you want to have a controlled environment, you know what i mean, if the tent is open to the ambient air outside the tent then it wont ever truly be a controlled environment!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Flaps closed,
Maybe one open for air intake if there isn’t an extraction fan on
One fan on 24/7 for air movement is highly recommended
Is the tent in a relative controlled area? Meaning in bedroom?
If so then flaps can stay open for air flow but usually folks like a tight control and keep everything closed.

danmurph12345

danmurph12345

Flaps closed,
Maybe one open for air intake if there isn’t an extraction fan on
One fan on 24/7 for air movement is highly recommended
Is the tent in a relative controlled area? Meaning in bedroom?
If so then flaps can stay open for air flow but usually folks like a tight control and keep everything closed.
yes,the tent in spare bedroom.if all the flaps are closed will the extractor fan still be able to extract?will i put extractor on timer?Also the plant is 0nly 12 days old but it has 2 big leaves and just saw others forming,it has no height and looks like its sitting on the dirt.
Thanks you have been great help

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Don’t need the extraction fan now , maybe into flower , what u can do since it’s in an environment controlled area (in a room) is to open the flaps , have one dave up top pull out and one below move air.
Small desktop usb type fan is sufficient for your tent size.( clip on type)
Cheers
Jack

Top Bottom