Noob Wanting To Scrog Grow

• Thread starter saniksane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

saniksane

I'll start off by saying that I'm an absolute noob and have no idea what I'm doing. I still have a lot of research to do before I can confidently start.

What I'm interested in doing is getting a 1000w HPS light and growing in soil 1 monster plant in a scrog using topping and super cropping and nutrients to get a thick strong bushy plant to produce a buttload of big sexy buds. The time it takes to harvest isn't a huge concern to me.

I'm sorry if this has been a dumb post to read so far. But does this sound possible? Does it sound like a good idea? And if I grow a high yielding strain, how much dry bud do you think I could get if I did it right?

Any other tips, links or advice to point me in the right direction would be highly appreciated! Thanks so much :)

DTG

DTG

I am not an in door guy, but if that's what you want to do just go for it & learn as you go. . .
There will be mistakes for sure but who hasn't had that. . .

I say be like Nike & just do it . . .

Good luck . . .

Don.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Many times new growers want to leap frog into andvaced techniques to try and get maximum yields. When in reality they are just doing themselves a disservice by not learning the basics.

B

Bingbong88

Probably would go with LED for indoor. Less heat and energy usage, pretty impressive results. Maybe try a couple of grows before doing the Scrog setup so you can maximize the result for effort. Practice topping and training while dialing in your setup. I built a custom Scrog for my grow tent using PVC pipes, screws and string. I used it outdoors this summer for my Sour D, shit works. I love and recommend Foxfarm, Advanced Nutrients, Smart Pots and most of all Youtube. There is an incredible amount of free information available. Keep it simple, beware of Spider Mites on clones, and Good Luck!
P1080534
P1080549
P1080750

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

I'll start off by saying that I'm an absolute noob and have no idea what I'm doing. I still have a lot of research to do before I can confidently start.

What I'm interested in doing is getting a 1000w HPS light and growing in soil 1 monster plant in a scrog using topping and super cropping and nutrients to get a thick strong bushy plant to produce a buttload of big sexy buds. The time it takes to harvest isn't a huge concern to me.

I'm sorry if this has been a dumb post to read so far. But does this sound possible? Does it sound like a good idea? And if I grow a high yielding strain, how much dry bud do you think I could get if I did it right?

Any other tips, links or advice to point me in the right direction would be highly appreciated! Thanks so much :)
If you want to run a 1000w HPS, I wouldn’t go any smaller than a 5x5 tent. In that set up, with good air exchange, you could crush a single plant SCRoG grow. One gram per watt is very doable in that situation. If you got your training techniques down, ran good genetics and kept the environment in check.

S

saniksane

If you want to run a 1000w HPS, I wouldn’t go any smaller than a 5x5 tent. In that set up, with good air exchange, you could crush a single plant SCRoG grow. One gram per watt is very doable in that situation. If you got your training techniques down, ran good genetics and kept the environment in check.
that's awesome to know, man. i didn't really expect someone to say that it could work, but i really appreciate it!

Top Bottom