noob waterfarm grow!!

• Thread starter bongtime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bongtime

alright everyone here is my new grow i have two waterfarms with cuts in
they seem to be doing ok..ph5.5-ph6.5 ec0.7 ghe flora series house and garden multizym they under a 4 bulb brightwing.. until my new t5 is delivered
i have the dripper on 24/7..i dont no if this is right? and can anyone tell me if i should be using root excelerator now and can i use magic green on em now
at 10ml per ltr...cheers bong...

http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n138/alza06/1-5.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n138/alza06/2-3.jpg

S

smalltime99

Depending on your temps and room, I run 2000W, six buckets and have my drips on for 15min every hour. It is easy to over water in these buckets. Have over 11 years of doing top drip. Have you ever used GrowStones instead of Hydrotron? I am not a fan of the Hydrotron. Good luck with the ladies! If you have any more questions feel free to ask or PM. So far everyone has been really nice on here and informative.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Waterfarms rock. Here's my 8 pack

DSC00908

Less nutes is more with these pots. I used to use diamond nectar for roots till the 2nd week of flower. When I introduced koolblom I ran 1200ppm at the most with lucas formula (usually ran that weeks 6-8 in flower). Always run waterfarms 24/7. Never negative to any other farmer that's down to offer help but have never come close to overwatering my plants after using these pots for the last 4 rounds. The air lines airate the water in the rez. Yet I do agree that hydroton is a mess. Oh, and in my experience these pots run best with coco. Looks like your off to a great start and if you have any more growing related question about these pots don't hesitate to send a pm.

P.S. Just put one plant in these pots and grow some monsters.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

nice looking first grow... just wanted to clear up a few things...

First of all i dont see any GH flora micro. Now its possible to go lucas and run just micro and bloom, but just bloom and grow isnt going to work long term.

Second, ron is correct your going to have serious problems running more then one plant per bucket site.

third, Hydrofarm buckets are a good grow system, however you need to keep in mind that the water in the individual buckets and the water you are testing in your rezz will be drastically different (ph, ppm, etc).

fourth, i have no idea what the coco reference is, but going any where near these guys with coco is loco.

Fifth, 10 ml/L is alot of product, are you sure that application rate is correct?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

fourth, i have no idea what the coco reference is, but going any where near these guys with coco is loco.

Must be a personal experience. 50/50 coco/hygromite and I had not one problem. I guess it's just a personal opinion.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Must be a personal experience. 50/50 coco/hygromite and I had not one problem. I guess it's just a personal opinion.

well what would the point be of putting coco into a situation where it was constantly overwatered? all i see it doing is making your water dirty as hell, not helping anything.

B

bongtime

thanx for the help and info i do have the micro desertsquirrel..
cheers ronvmpc i will take the other plant out and just keep
1 plant in each waterfarm

S

smalltime99

No worries Ron I always like to take input from others...You can learn something everyday. I will swear up and down that watering 24/7 is not good..maybe for some strains? I know that once the roots hit the water they do not need to be on for 24/7. I believe you say 4 turns with yours...I have well over 20 turns with Waterfarms 8 pack powergrower (only use 6), and I have also gone with the 5gallon with 3gallon inside. I look at my girls being as close to the REAL thing as possible. Roots like to breath and get air, so with the roots that are in the buckets they like to take a time out from constant water....Oh and for the record...2000w 6buckets (superSilver) and came out with 5lbs of finished goods!

Are u not in the US bongtime? Those bottles look like different labels?

B

bongtime

alright smalltime99 i was going to pm you but i cant yet..lol..i will txt when i can...atb bongtime

B

bongtime

main res for more waterfarms

hi can i ask would it be better to rig the waterfarms to a main res as i done a res change today and its a pain in the ass....atb bong

S

smalltime99

Yes. I have mine hooked up to a 20gallon that feeds them all. Make's draining simple.

afi

afi

I would recommend adding a 6inch airstone to each bucket if your not. It is not necessary but helps a lot. Peace, Afi

S

smalltime99

Yes I have 6inch in each of mine and a 8inch round in my main.

B

bongtime

yeah i am going to order 2 x 6ins airstones and a Hailea 30lt air pump
anyone got a link on how to set up a main res...atb bong

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

well what would the point be of putting coco into a situation where it was constantly overwatered? all i see it doing is making your water dirty as hell, not helping anything.

Never overwatered. But I will admit it was a little messing cleaning them suckers out.

Smalltime, that's a good idea about the res thing and I believe the yield you got. These pots can grow monster.

SAM 0167

S

smalltime99

Never overwatered. But I will admit it was a little messing cleaning them suckers out.

Smalltime, that's a good idea about the res thing and I believe the yield you got. These pots can grow monster.

View attachment 150121

Thanks I used the power grower 8 system at first then decided to build my own. My system has come a long way in 12 years. I now use 5gallon buckets with 10" baskets in them. As soon as some things calm down I will get to edit some video I shot of the last round going. I don't have a still camera. Ron those ladies are looking great!

B

bongtime

Have any updates BT?

sorry fella no update as these plants where taken down due to house
being rewired by landlord...so grow was taken down but new grow is being started now so i will make a new thread...Atb Bongtime

Top Bottom