• Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

loveinyourheart

hi everyone

total noob here and I realize I have made a big mistake

33% coco coir
33% compost
33% miracle grow organic soil. https://www.homehardware.ca/en/organics-garden-mix-for-vegetables-herbs-425-l/p/5053356

Floraflex nutes and calmag added but I use half the recommended dosage for seedlings.

Two of my seedling seem to struggle (look my other thread https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/day-7-seedling-cannot-stand-help.137446/#post-2775440)

Now I realize my soil due to the miracle grow might burn my seedlings? should I throw away and start again?

E9noxis

E9noxis

Uproot them super gently and replant them in better soil if you can. Otherwise, yes.

Are they old enough to own a root system?

L

loveinyourheart

Uproot them super gently and replant them in better soil if you can. Otherwise, yes.

Are they old enough to own a root system?
they are a week old

so you think they have no chance to survive in my soil mix?

E9noxis

E9noxis

Couldn't tell you. I'm new too. If you think they're getting burnt, you should do something. If you want to ride it out, maybe they're not getting burnt.

I made my own mix too. More than 3 ingredients but coco is a big part

1.5 cubic feet coco coir
8 quarts peat moss
15 lbs organic worm castings
1.5 lbs rice hulls
7 quarts 3/8 pumice lava stones
1 gallon biochar with mycorrhizial fungus
1 gallon super soil organic concentrate
1.5 cups azomite trace minerals
3/4 cup happy frog all purpose fert
2 cups bat quano

Maybe pull them up close to the roots, ammend your soil and plant them back in with the original ball of dirt still around the roots. Hopefully with waterings it will flush a bit?

TSD

TSD

At a week old you should not be giving any additional nutrients, especially if you started with hot soil. I don't know what miracle gro puts in thier organic mix, but I avoid that shit like the plague. Always best to start seeds in basic seed starter, wich is usually very neutral, made of mostly peat, coir, and perlite.

L

loveinyourheart

At a week old you should not be giving any additional nutrients, especially if you started with hot soil. I don't know what miracle gro puts in thier organic mix, but I avoid that shit like the plague. Always best to start seeds in basic seed starter, wich is usually very neutral, made of mostly peat, coir, and perlite.
hmmm, floraflex seem to suggest to give seedlings low amount of nutes. I should of really asked here before starting the project

since I mixed in nutes rich soil due to miracle grow, I will stop to give any nutes for the rest of the vegetative stage?

I really cannot afford to scrap 4 seeds tbh so I guess ill try to make the best out of my situation

L

loveinyourheart

ive looked at my miracle grow soil, it seems to be less intense of nutes then other of their products. my soil has
  • 0.15-0.10-0.15

some other miracle grow soil use 0.3-- 0.3- 0.3

with that information, what should I do with nutrients?

TSD

TSD

hmmm, floraflex seem to suggest to give seedlings low amount of nutes. I should of really asked here before starting the project

since I mixed in nutes rich soil due to miracle grow, I will stop to give any nutes for the rest of the vegetative stage?

I really cannot afford to scrap 4 seeds tbh so I guess ill try to make the best out of my situation
No you need to feed throughout veg... When I say seedlings I mean plants in thier first 2 or 3 weeks of life, when they are delicate and developing roots... generally they do not need nutrients, they are too new, they barely have roots yet. They are not considered in the vegetative stage till they have, well vegetation, in other words, a few sets of mature leaves. I'll have to look at your other thread for pics and such.

L

loveinyourheart

ok, will waait until Veg to re-start the nutes

with my 5 gallons pot, how often would you water? and about how many ML per pots at my stage? this morning I probably gave each pots a good Liter

TSD

TSD

ok, will waait until Veg to re-start the nutes

with my 5 gallons pot, how often would you water? and about how many ML per pots at my stage? this morning I probably gave each pots a good Liter
That's so hard to say from afar, I go by weight and that's hard to do w fabric cause it moves the dirt so much which isn't great for the roots. You need to water or soak till it's saturated, till it starts to run out after you're sure it's all wet. Do you have a spare pot and dirt by chance? Best guess for 5 gallon that's dry, about a gallon? Maybe more, definitely more once they're bigger... so that's just under 4 liters... you'll either need to do a little at a time over a few hours or soak it in a tub if it's super dry, or get a deep tray cause it's gonna make a mess... trays are kind of a necessity w fabric unless you don't mind flooding lol. Then let it dry almost fully, which is impossible to say how long from afar cause it's so dependent on environment. In my regular garden pots I go at least 3 days between waterings, but that means nothing to you lol.

TheRealToker

TheRealToker

I use foxfarm HF
I been growing in the same dirt for 2 years
It's become sort of a soil hemp as the original notes were consumed long ago
Occasionally I add Alaska Fish emulsions to feed the bacteria etc and I use fox farm
Powdered nutes
3 kinds for different stages of flower.
Also since I used FF
I have never had mites
Since.
Good luck, i think I would transplant and stay away from MG soil, as you will.have bugs every time
Been there done that
Peace

TheRealToker

TheRealToker

I forgot if ya do like i do
Or not a good flushing never hurts

Top Bottom