Noobie First Space Bucket Grow

• Thread starter Cummins4457
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cummins4457

Cummins4457

So I'm getting ready to start my first grow in a bucket I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil, Dyna grow fertilizer, pH up and down testers, 2 PC fans one blowing in one out. Now I have a couple of questions I'm going to be using auto feminized seeds should I run the lights on a 12-12 timer or something different also how much Dyna grow should I use per gallon. I will be using Cfl bulbs how many bulbs should I run and what wattage. Thanks alot

Cummins4457

Cummins4457

Also can I start my seeds in straight ffof mix or should I start them in something else do I need to start in a smaller pot or ??? I need HELP thanks

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Start them with 18 or more hours of light a day to keep them from flowering right away, then increase the dark time to 12 hours when they are halfway as big as you want them to get. They will double in size or more after you switch to 12/12

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would start them in a solo cup with ffof and then use a mix of ffof and perlite or some other soil ammendment for airation when you transplant.

GreenBreeZe

GreenBreeZe

Also can I start my seeds in straight ffof mix or should I start them in something else do I need to start in a smaller pot or ??? I need HELP thanks

Be careful, Sometimes the FF Ocean Forest can be a little harsh on the teenies when starting off. IMO i think a nice basic compost is good to sprout in a basic Solo cup like mentioned. After a week or so depending on growth, transplant to something a little bigger, add Perlite for some nice aeration with the FF soil. Should be straight.

Trucker

Trucker

Shouldn't an auto be planted directly into final pot? I'm not an auto guy but it's just what I have read that they don't do well with transplanting.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Shouldn't an auto be planted directly into final pot? I'm not an auto guy but it's just what I have read that they don't do well with transplanting.
I missed that, good call. Autos can be transplanted but it could stunt them.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Plus keep the lights at 18/6 no need to change since they be AUTOS.
A seedling can be put in final pot. you do not want to do any unnecessary transplanting.

You need to read some grow books and more forum post...

Latest posts

Top Bottom