Noobie Grower, Rough First Grow - Help Me Improve!

• Thread starter closetgrow69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

closetgrow69

look i dont want to hurt anybodies feelings....
So instead of saying why cheap cobs are a bad decision,
let me just offer a decent solution..
A premade light for that cabinet would be spectrum king.
(Mothers little helper. )
An even better solution would be a prefab kit with 4 - 50 watt cree cobs ...

No feelings hurt! They light looks badass? But it looks like it's more for vegging?

There are some $200-250 cob's with Cree cobs - are they even comparable to the more expensive models?

C

closetgrow69

Update! Been a while. Got the new cabinet finished up. After the currently flowering OG Kush is done flowering in the other cab, that can will be for veg and this will become the new flowering chamber.

Still have a couple small light leaks to fix

IMG 0202
IMG 0203
IMG 0206

The Pipe Dream is killing it! Got too close to a light and burnt a couple leaves.

IMG 0208
IMG 0210

And here is the older cab

IMG 0213

IMG 0214

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No feelings hurt! They light looks badass? But it looks like it's more for vegging?

There are some $200-250 cob's with Cree cobs - are they even comparable to the more expensive models?
Well it depends...
If its 200 watts than prob ..
If it says its 600 watts its bs....
You get what you pay for.

C

closetgrow69

Well it depends...
If its 200 watts than prob ..
If it says its 600 watts its bs....
You get what you pay for.

I see wha you're saying.

I might be leaning towards a HPS/MH fixture. Those 315's look pretty sweet. They're an oversized 6in fan on a speed controller so heat shouldn't be an issue.

C

closetgrow69

And definitely shouldn't have flowered without the plant thriving. I've lost pretty much all of the lower dab leaves, but the buds are starting to get nice and frosty!

Day 45 since 12/12

IMG 0309
IMG 0313
IMG 0315
IMG 0316
IMG 0318
IMG 0322

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

C

closetgrow69

Well honestly....
Its not horrible considering your growing in a BOX....
I give you some props...
What light did u flower with?

Thanks!! Ha yeah there has been a lot of trial and error.

Just flowering with Home Depot 16.5w Cree 2700k svcrew in LED light bulbs with the light diffuser cap things removed lol. Waiting for the new ones to veg more and researching more lighting for round 2.

An old pic
IMG 9746

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

1. Thanks!! Ha yeah there has been a lot of trial and error.
Just flowering with Home Depot 16.5w Cree 2700k svcrew in LED light bulbs with the light diffuser cap things removed lol. Waiting for the new ones to veg more and researching more lighting for round 2.

An old pic
View attachment 740432
What is the size of your grow cabinet?
If I was you I would look into t5 ho fixture...
Then mainline just like you did on the plant in flower except make the mainline reach to each side of the cabinet,
Then flip to flower.
U can veg with the blue bulbs
And flower with the red ones...
With the same fixture.
U might find one used on Craigslist for $50 with bulbs.. Even tho u would want new bulbs as soon as you could afford them..

C

closetgrow69

What is the size of your grow cabinet?
If I was you I would look into t5 ho fixture...
Then mainline just like you did on the plant in flower except make the mainline reach to each side of the cabinet,
Then flip to flower.
U can veg with the blue bulbs
And flower with the red ones...
With the same fixture.
U might find one used on Craigslist for $50 with bulbs.. Even tho u would want new bulbs as soon as you could afford them..

Hell yeah, definitely going to get a 4 bulb 2 ft. T5 for veggibg. That's all that will fit lol. The current "flowering chamber" will be the veg chamber with the t5. Then the larger armoire will be switched to the flowering chamber.

The smaller cabinet is 34in wide x 17in. Deep x 28in. High.

The larger one is 3 ft. Wide x 20 in. Deep x 5 ft. Tall

Been doing a spiral shape instead of a true mainline - need to try the regular way! Lol.

Some pics from today. Upgraded the LST on the Pipe Dream and defoliated a couple fan leaves blocking the lower upcoming shoots. Still feeding it just plain water (added a little cal/mag this time). Will uppot in a week or two, and then flower a couple weeks after that. So many branches/tops!
IMG 0352
IMG 0354

Thick ass main stem! Hopefully for some big ass nugs!!

IMG 0359
IMG 0362

This one is a random bagseed I decided to try in CoCo. Used canna brand coco and nutes. Just A+B, Rhizo, and some added Cal/Mag.

Coco may be my thing. It's growing like 4x as fast as any other plant, and looks so healthy! The roots are already showing through the bottom of the pot

Been feeding 32oz of water per feeding. Then thes are (per gal.) A+B at 9ml, 8ml Rhizotonic, and 3ml cal/mag every other day. The pot gets real dry and light. I water until what I pour through the top pushes more water out the bottton.

IMG 0363
IMG 0364

Fat ass fan leaves!

IMG 0366

Roots showing

IMG 0367

C

closetgrow69

Update! Got a deficiency going on. Any idea what it is? P deficiency? Light burn? Just hungry ladies with a general deficiency from being fed only water thus far? They're in Happy Frog soil. The ones showing deficiencies are 8 weeks and 6 weeks old. So it seems glaringly obvious that food is what they need. Does that seem/look right?

They're under 18x 23w CFL's. so 414 watts. Have been fed nothing but water

Pics - 2 plants are being affected. Besides those two, things look pretty good! Decided to give coco a try - it's the plant in the front to the far right.

IMG 5080
IMG 5081
IMG 5082
IMG 5083
IMG 5084
IMG 5085

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I'm with you man.
I've done a couple bs grows when I was younger. Now I have a dedicated closet n fitted it out with everything I needed.

I had a plan for cfl + led n no ventalation aside a 16" fan. Didn't go well. Ended up with a 135cfm intake 6" ultra quiet duct fan n 335 cfm exhaust

My closet is 2.75 x 3.5 x 7.5. Wooden walls like you. My first grow is ending up alright. Should get 15-20g between 2 plants that didn't get sick.

Lots of calmag issues n light burn cuz cfl out off a ton more heat then typically account for (especially when u have 12 cramped together). The led I got on az was a galaxy hydro 300, so realistic 135.

But why I mainly posted is I'm at the cross road of a single cmh/Lec 315 or a timber setup. Since summer here is tough n no dedicated ac for grow space I either go timber n don't look back.

Or 315 cmh n only use it 9 months a year because I vent out n vent in air that's from my basement"s main big room.

Idk if u ran into heat issues yet, but with my galaxy 300, 4" dual bulb t5, 8-42w cfl (big ones) I couldn't keep it below 85 grove area temp without air conditioning my whole house down to 73/74, 24/7

I bet you will have similar heat issues if those wardrobes are in living space type area.

Interested to see your path

Latest posts

Top Bottom