Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Plants looked good this morning but the soil was too dry. Yesterday I gave a small top drink to each. Today each got about 6-8 oz of warmed water. Obviously I need to adjust because of the heat pad and lights. Will plan on checking moisture more frequently. Replaced 5 goners with g13 labs blueberry, an auto freebie and 3 reg bag seedlings all from one week earlier test germination before t5s.
Thanks to Orcaman for noticing the dry looking soil so quickly.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Yesterday was clear and around 60-65f. Plants sat out in sun for 3 hours in the morning.
Plants looked great this morning. They were at 78f this morning. Put them into the sun for a couple of morning sun hours.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Looks like things are moving right along now. They also look like thy enjoyed some nice free sunshine. Your taking me back to my first couple grows outdoors back in the early eighty's here in Colorado. Then I had saved seeds for years, some of the great imports back then. Columbian Gold, Hawaiian, Bermudan, and Afghanistan. I planted all of the seeds right in the ground the second week of April. In early May they were starting to come up and I ended up with about thirty plants going. That year May was one of the rainiest on record and it seemed like the sun only shined less then a week really slowing things down. June and July were much better and they really took off. Out of all of the plants one of the Afghanistan's was outstanding in growth and went into bud. The only other Afghanistan I discovered was a male and pollinated the girl. I let her go right up to the first freeze having to take her not quite finished. What a plant for a first grow! Six feet tall by four feet wide and an ounce yield for every branch. Plus a handful of finished seeds.
The next year I planted the seeds from the year before in March to gain more grow time. I would cover them every night to keep them warm right up in till May. By June I had five nice plants almost two feet tall. Then the unexpected happened with a major hail storm rolling through killing all but one plant. The poor thing took about three weeks to start growing again but then put on a growth spirt like I have never seen. By August she was pushing six feet tall and budding out. This girl still grew to seven feet tall but still I had to take her a little early because of freeze. Boy mother nature can be a bitch sometimes!:)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Looks like things are moving right along now. They also look like thy enjoyed some nice free sunshine. Your taking me back to my first couple grows outdoors back in the early eighty's here in Colorado. Then I had saved seeds for years, some of the great imports back then. Columbian Gold, Hawaiian, Bermudan, and Afghanistan. I planted all of the seeds right in the ground the second week of April. In early May they were starting to come up and I ended up with about thirty plants going. That year May was one of the rainiest on record and it seemed like the sun only shined less then a week really slowing things down. June and July were much better and they really took off. Out of all of the plants one of the Afghanistan's was outstanding in growth and went into bud. The only other Afghanistan I discovered was a male and pollinated the girl. I let her go right up to the first freeze having to take her not quite finished. What a plant for a first grow! Six feet tall by four feet wide and an ounce yield for every branch. Plus a handful of finished seeds.
The next year I planted the seeds from the year before in March to gain more grow time. I would cover them every night to keep them warm right up in till May. By June I had five nice plants almost two feet tall. Then the unexpected happened with a major hail storm rolling through killing all but one plant. The poor thing took about three weeks to start growing again but then put on a growth spirt like I have never seen. By August she was pushing six feet tall and budding out. This girl still grew to seven feet tall but still I had to take her a little early because of freeze. Boy mother nature can be a bitch sometimes!:)

Oh my. I am really hoping Mother Nature takes it easy on us this year. We have been in severe drought 4 years, finally lots of good rain this year. Hard rains can start in mid October so I tried to get earlier finishing indicas with just a couple of savory sativas that can grow out of an overhang and get pulled in out of the rains. Thanks for keeping on eye on us!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Yesterday was a sunny 68f and the girls enjoyed a few hours of bright outdoors, no water.
This morning they got a full watering but outside for only minutes as it got cold and shadowy.
The enclosure has proven an adequate safe place for our spot where we get streaks of beautiful days and frosty nights mixed with days of good winds, rains and snow.
Haven't added any ferts to the soil, before or after germination. Will try lowering the lights from 8 inches and see if heat can still be controlled.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Turned into one of those snowy, slushy and snowy again days. About 40f, seems colder. Glad I got the light. It would be tough getting enough light while protecting the seedlings.
Half of those popped before I got the lights have been placed under the lights and they have performed noticeably better then the half left growing in the sun and put inside at night.

NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

Checked yours out. Why do you have to ask for so much help? Embarassed to find out you were using chemical nutes on your organic coir? I have to bring my girls down on the back of a ATV. You grow yours in your closet.
lol first off mies not in a closet i have a few boxes in a barn and mines indoor not out door so chill dude your pounds are probably selling for no more than 15o0 lb where mine are 3500-4000+lb your shit probably gets no one high, but my grandma! yield<quality my friend

BudBogart

BudBogart

Nice and sunny both yesterday and today, after the frost burned off. Yesterday I decided to go ahead and give the girls some weak worm tea with molasses. Seedlings not on the heat mat and t5s are lagging further behind. Only ten hours on the paper toweled seeds, no change. Checked on the orchard, good time to pull some weeds. Noticed a need to repair a few berms around the holes due to the rain damage.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Sounds a little better than my weather here in Nor Cal.
Thanks. Reading posts and logs from growers in NorCal has really taught me that we are all living in little micro climates. A favorite log I follow is a guy who gets hit with one weather cat after another while I sit, not too far away in a completely diff environment.
We happen to be in NorCal ourselves, gold country at around 3000 feet. Been a beautiful several days once we burn of mornings in the 30s.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Very similar weather systems here in Denver CO. this spring. Well except the blizzard last week that dumped two feet of snow with a 2 to 4 inch forecast at first. Just seen this morning that the Sierra Nevada's are at 87% snowpack. The best number in years. That should help you out some. After the driest February in 30 years here. March has made up the difference keeping our snowpack right at 100%. Here's to a great growing season!:)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Two weeks since popped. Another beautiful 70f day. Been putting plants in the sun for several hours per day. Still drops to near freezing at night.
Started a fresh batch of underground creek water/worm casting aerated tea with molasses.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Another beautiful day at around 68f. Very happy with apparent root growth at two weeks. Three inch plant with eight inches of roots.
A picture of my "cost is no object" solar heated, self darkening germination box by a well known manufacturer.

Top Bottom